Saloth
10 years ago
1 year ago
Hi, tbh I must point out more than one issue. Before I start, my apology if those issues oughta be within technical threads section. Can't name the problem type properly, think it's both of 'em.

1. I've been testing skrill south teams, particularly Havant, Dover or Gosport - through fm12, 13 and 14. I can see that last playable transfers were in fm11. Quite don't remember, but I've seen that there ain't any problem with making 60 and up to let's say 120 CA.
FM11 and older versions - at least 10 if not more
FM12 - only 2 players,
13-none,
14-no one interested.

Of course in this case I always look for free transfers due to low budget.

Need more to say, I honestly don't believe clubs/league reputation noted drastically massive drop. Besides, I even started looking for those quasi "realistic" transfers looking for story threads with skrill teams.

http://www.footballmanagerstory.com/forum/topic/1891-altrincham-from-skrill-north-to-the-top/

I won't be checking their rep cause I know it's similar if not the same. This guy signed all of them easily. Well... I didn't. Even when playing the same club.

And where's the logic, when even 1CA or PA player says no??? That's a paranoia. Forcing him to like my team with FMRTE ain't much help, neither press trick. I only can grab some miserable guys like my starter team.

Wanna more? Here. Maybe you think I don't look for player reputation. Oh but I do. Guys with 10PA and 10rep don't even think about start negotiating with me. So is it better to be unemployed and not making money or enjoy the passion than joining even low league club? Ridiculous. I don't want Messis, Neymars of Falcaos in my team FFS... Just some decent men to create a beautiful style like in old FM's.

2. Another problem is tactic/formation. Tested like 50 formations and everytime I get sacked. My own observations with watching full time match and changing shouting or tasks every 5 minutes depending on situation in order to fix the play and save the team it doesn't help. Grabbed Jordi Alba, Thiago Silva, Vincent Kompany and Philip Lahm. Result? Lost games. No matter what defenders, even Messi doesn't help and I've got sacked.

Same with Malaga. Tried to restore this almost "Super Malaga" with Isco, Toulalan and other fantastic players who lead the spanish club to 4 and 6 position in La Liga.

Assistant Managers are bullshit. I used FMRTE or swapped some other guys and with 20/20 Tactical Knowledge he told me shit just to give up a game;/

3. I get furious about so talented players, who become a crap from for example 120 PA down to 80 year after( young promising prospects!). It's not fair. To me every man should have 200 PA and knowing only 1% of them will develop to max. the only important factors like work rate and ambition/laziness should be intact which would determine about one's progress. I'm curious what you'd say

4. Why every CPU RB during the match gets the worst rating?

5. CPU got advantage? I organize 2 matches. It was Monaco with Dnipro i think. I bought Demba Ba or someone else to make it easier for Falcao (I don't like alone strikers formation). Dnipro won. Okay... It happens. Next I managed Dnipro friendly match against Monaco without buying anybody. Lost game. WTF?

6. Last complain.

http://postimg.org/image/tvcpccmkx/full/ this is a screen of a team with players from Huge African Database - almost 7k of players.

Why don't I see anybody? The .xml file's already applied. Only when picking all African guys by myself I can see some... Uknown players, nobody from this list. And valued max 100k or so. Nobody with 1M or more.

Hope you can help me with fixing the cases that don't let me sleep. I' don't consider myself The Only One #2 or Ancellotti but I'm into the game since FM2007 and read tons of guides, so I know what shouts, mentality and style are.

Cheerz!
Sheriff Skacel
10 years ago
1 month ago
Premium
1. There's always been all sorts of problems in the lower leagues. Your struggles in signing players could be a number of things, your own manager rep, players having interest from other clubs and not wanting to join you, players not wanting to relocate to your area, etc. The best thing you can do is be persistent when chasing players.

2. Tactics all comes down to experience. You don't want to be constantly tweaking otherwise your players will never get used to your tactics. You just have to keep playing until you learn what does and doesn't work. Try and fit your tactics around your players and try and keep a balanced tactical setup.

3. I think if every player had 200 PA far too many players would get to the top. I do think there should be a dynamic PA feature whereby a player's PA can fluctuate by 20/30 points depending on certain factors, but I think 200 for everyone is a bit much. As for players declining in quality it could be down to lost form, injuries, lack of games or poor mental stats.

5. That's football my friend, every dog has their day.

6. You probably can't see them because your club has no knowledge of those countries. To see them on your player search you need to scout those areas or appoint staff or get feeder clubs from those areas. Then they will appear on the player search as your club will actually know they exist. Its like asking Real Madrid to name the top prospects in Libya, ain't happening unless they have a scout there or someone on the staff with a knowledge of Libyan football.

Also I'll say this, if you want to get the most from FM, then close FMRTE. Its the devil. It will have you focusing on the silliest things and editing things that don't need editing. You will learn far more about FM, and enjoy the game more, if you just play it naturally.
George14brfc
12 years ago
3 years ago
Agree with everything Skacel said!

You'll need to Login to comment