Fantasy WSL: Join our Fantasy WSL competition to Win FM24. Create your team then use code "WgKmzKIU".
**Edit: March 10th - We figured out the issue with tournaments! Thanks to Digi and Omarsorto over on the SI board for the help sorting it out. So, I am proud to present the FM 23.3 version of the CONCACAF Extended Universe**
About a decade ago, the user Raysox created a three tier US pyramid complete with crests and kits for 72 teams. He released an FM mod for the set, which is how I got into the game, and ever since I've updated and expanded it for new versions. It's grown a bit from his original vision (now ten tiers and 384 teams in the US and four tiers and 80 teams in Canada), but explores what it would look like if the US and Canada had functional soccer pyramids, as well as a world where CONCACAF has continental club competitions that are a notch below UEFA's.
This first post will cover the US and Canadian competitions. For both, I created a basic and advanced version. The basic files don't have a lot of the immersive features (cup draws, FFP, deadline day experience, or VAR), so if you don't want those features, use those files. The advanced ones have some more editor magic (the above, plus U21 and HG U23 players are always eligible, schedules are more balanced, etc.) So, you can pick your preferred game experience.
USA - 10 Tiers
- The US has four professional leagues (Apple+ MLS, Prime Championship, Peacock League One, and Paramount+ League Two), three semipro leagues (reconstituted USL Championship, 1, and 2), and three amateur leagues (NISA, UPSL, and NPSL.) The lower five leagues are split into regional divisions, while the top five are national in nature. There is a good amount of TV money throughout the Pyramid and is on a winter schedule, beginning in August and running through May.
- There is one national Cup, three cups based on league type (named for major figures in US Soccer history), and twelve regional cups that take place in the winter months.
- All teams in USL1 and above have reserve teams, and all teams have a U19 squad. The teams are split into regional youth and reserve competitions.
(3/10)- Advanced File has FFP regulations, Immersive deadline days and cup draws, VAR, Schedule adjustments to address congestion (especially for the first year, thanks winter world cup), and other fun features around revenue splits and cup dates.
(3/19)- It looks like there may be a bug impacting saves that start in the lower levels (Peacock League One and below) in the advanced database. I have a bug report logged with SI, but until further notice use the basic database if you want to do a lower level save.
(5/31) - I created top tier where the top 3 teams get CL spots and the bottom 4 are given out through a playoff. There are more details about it at the end of the thread, but I wanted to append a copy here.
Also, a quick update on the CTD bug for the lower tiers - the crash happens at level 3 or below on the 4th Monday in August. If you quit the Sunday before and sim past that Monday and retake your job, you can play for another 364 days without disruption. Unfortunately the issue is with the game, not the database, so I can't do anything to fix it.
(6/8) - I updated the US files with the Messi transfer. It goes through on July 1, 2023.
Canada - 4 Tiers
- The Canadian Set-up has two professional leagues (The CPL and the Canadian Soccer League), one semi-pro league (CSL 2nd Division), and one amateur league (CSL 3rd Division.) The lower two levels are split into regional divisions. There is also TV money, but not nearly as much as the US. The season runs from April to October.
- There is one national cup and four regional preseason cups.
- All teams in the top two tiers have a reserve and a U18 team, split up according to the preseason cups.
(3/10)- Advanced File has FFP regulations, Immersive deadline days and cup draws, VAR, Schedule adjustments to address congestion, and other fun features around revenue splits.
Both of the graphics files have the kitbasher files for the teams and sponsors in each country, so you can easily update the kits as you advance through the save.
You'll need to Login to comment