The tactic became fluid in the first match of the season!
It relies on high pressure and not allowing the opposition to even reach your side of the pitch, so i dont know if it will work with a weaker side, but
i would enjoy feedback on that.
I used to go with the usual 4-3-3 formation but i didn't like how the wingers work defensively, they rarely track back an atacker, so with wide midfielders is better, cause u can use a more defensive player and role to disable a good opponent's winger. The space between midfield and striker is compensated by the high pressure and you could also use a DLF or F9 if u dont like the Complete Forward.
For a weaker side, you can switch to Drop deeper and remove the offside trap if your defence is slow, you can try with "Be more expressive" if ur attackers are missing creativity, and "stick to positions" might be a good choice if your team fails to cover spaces when players change positions.
1.1 I added "Be more disciplined", because i think there was too much unnecessary flair, which caused too many risky passes and off target shots.
Also added corner and throw instructions but they are by my personal preferences.
2.0 Added some player instructions, removed pass into space, removed run at defence, removed get stuck in, changed defending corner instructions.
What to look for when building the right squad for a tactic like that:
- Goalkeeper needs to be quick and with a good rushing out ability, otherwise he wont be able to intercept through balls or crosses or he will be caught away from the goal and you will receive some very long shot goals. (funny fact my Lewandowski scored 3 matches in a row from the half line when their keeper rushed out and cleared, unbelievable coincidence)
- Defenders also need to have good pace and acceleration, as well as the obvious stats(marking,tackling,positioning), that's if you wanna use high defensive line and offside traps. Team cohesion training is good for defenders to sync better. Passing is good as well to help increase possession( especially for the BPD role )
- Full backs, the basic stats for a full back, quickness, crossing, tackling, positioning, stamina, passing can be good stats here also so they don't miss many passes to give away possession.
- Half back, positioning, tackling, passing, vision, good mental stats are a plus also.
- DPL or BMW, the role here should depend on your team's strength and if u like it more defensive. For dpl good stats are vision, passing, tackling, positioning, long shots, off the ball. For the bwm you can look for higher tackling, positioning and marking, as well as passing and long shots( not so important but can produce goals )
- AP role, nothing special here, just the regular stuff, technique, passing, vision, flair, dribbling, long shots, off the ball.
- Wingers, if good long shots and finishing u can train them to cut inside, like Robben does, or u can make them cross more if crossing fits your players better. Good dribbling, passing, off the ball, technique, quickness are also key stats for a winger.
- The Complete Forward, needs to be a striker that can litteraly do it all, crossing, finishing, passing, long shots, quickness, off the ball, composure, strength, jumping, heading... If you don't have such a striker, assign a more appropriate role for him.
This is my setup usually, but u can experiment with different player roles and duties, if u want to play more defensive against a tough opponent.[/b]
Average positions on the pitch, as u can see its more like 4-3-3
First season results:
Won the league 5 games ahead first season.The other competitions were really unlucky, lost semi final champions league to shakhtar on penalties, after 2 matches of extreme missing of chances. Lost supercup to dortmund also on penalties... Lost to leverkusen for the german cup after playing with 9 man since 60 min due to injuries and got turned around from 1-0 to 1-2.
- Created By: Den1s
- Date Created: 24 Nov 2014
- Last Updated: 17 Mar 2015
- Last Comment: 08 Apr 2015
- Downloads: 2936
- File Name: bayern style2_CA16C42D-20F1-460D-8012-149404A6D789.fmf
- File Size: 40.13kB
- File Type: fmf
- Views: 18068
- Comments: 18