Realistic Transfer Preferences 2.0 - A Collab by Daveincid and majesticeternity
Complete real life transfer data applied to top 35 nations, and more realistic transfer preferences for all 228 nations.
The real life transfer market is extremely complex, and every nation has their own tendencies. These tendencies vary greatly.
For example, Northern Ireland may get their players mostly from within their own nation, or from Ireland, and never from South America.
Whereas Scotland may get more players from England than their own nation, and randomly in small numbers from all over the European continent.
This "transfer flow" for each nation is poorly represented in FM.
In the default database, there are 3 sections regarding transfers, yet England has nation preferences set for only 2 out of 228 nations, and the continent and region sections are completely empty.
This file changes that.
We have compiled huge amounts of research/data/charts/etc and combined our work, to create the largest and most realistic set of transfer preferences ever created for FM.
Increased number of transfers within the same nation, for all 228 nations
Reduced overall number of transfers
Reduced China's strength in buying too many good players
Removed every nation's ability to scout everywhere at any time
Applied data for incoming transfers and loans for past 2 decades(if possible) to top 35 nations
Top 35 Nations have individual transfer preferences applied for 65-70 nations
Top 35 Nations have individual transfer preferences applied for all 21 regions
Top 35 Nations have individual transfer preferences applied for all continents
Added age restrictions for a few nations (USA, China, Japan, Turkey, Ireland, Serbia, Switzerland)
Minor increase in Scotland/Ireland to encourage English transfers to those countries
Affiliations increased within the same nation
Affiliation tendencies applied to top 20 nations
Guides for a Realistic Setup:
Any nations not loaded as playable are hardly used for transfers. This means your save setup could be unrealistic.
For example, you want to manage in Portugal, and load England, Spain, Italy, and France also. This means Brazil is left out, the nation that Portugal most often gets players.
So, here is a list of basic guides by nation, to help you set up a decent save.
The most important nations are listed first, then gradually less important, followed by optional ones.
France, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Portugal. Optional - Belgium, Norway, Greece, Ireland, Argentina, Denmark
England, Italy, Portugal, France, Argentina. Optional - Germany, Netherlands, Brazil, Mexico, Turkey, Russia
England, France, Switzerland, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Italy. Optional - Poland, Belgium, Turkey, Greece, Norway
Spain, England, France, Argentina. Optional - Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Nigeria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Greece, Senegal
England, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Senegal, Cameroon, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland. Optional - Argentina, Netherlands, Mali, Ivory Coast, Algeria
Brazil, Spain, France, Italy, England. Optional - Argentina, Romania, Greece, Russia, Belgium, Nigeria, Senegal
Uruguay, Mexico, Chile, Colombia. Optional - Italy, Spain, Brazil, USA, Portugal, Ecuador
England, New Zealand. Optional - Netherlands, Germany, Japan, China, Scotland, South Korea
Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Poland, Czech. Optional - Belgium, France, Norway, Greece, Turkey, Russia
France, Netherlands, England, Italy, Portugal. Optional - Germany, Spain, Norway, Senegal, Turkey, Greece, Serbia, Croatia
Portugal, Mexico, Argentina, Japan, Spain, Italy. Optional - Uruguay, Germany, Ukraine, France, Turkey, Russia, Colombia
Argentina, Uruguay, Mexico, Venezuela, Peru. Optional - USA, Colombia, Brazil
- Brazil, South Korea, Portugal, England, Australia, Serbia, Germany. Optional - Spain, Argentina, Colombia, Bulgaria
- Mexico, Argentina, Peru, Venezuela, Uruguay. Optional - Chile, USA, Brazil, Ecuador
- Bosnia, Italy, Slovenia, Belgium, Austria. Optional - Germany, Portugal, Turkey, Poland, Ukraine, Greece
- Slovakia, Russia, Germany, Turkey, Italy. Optional - Poland, Belgium, Austria, Greece, Hungary, Slovenia, Serbia
- Norway, Sweden, Germany, England, Netherlands. Optional - Belgium, France, Italy
- Spain, France, Argentina, Italy, Portugal, Germany, England, Cyprus. Optional - Serbia, Poland
- China, Spain, South Korea. Optional - Serbia, Bosnia, Australia, Indonesia, Japan
England, Scotland, Northern Ireland. Optional - USA
Brazil, South Korea. Optional - Germany, Portugal, Thailand, Australia, China
Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Uruguay, Brazil. Optional - USA, Spain, Peru, Ecuador
England, Belgium, Germany. Optional - France, Italy, Denmark, Spain, Sweden, Japan
Ireland, England, Scotland
Denmark, England, Sweden. Optional - Iceland, Germany, USA, Belgium, Netherlands, Austria
- Germany, Slovakia, Portugal, Greece, Russia, Czech. Optional - Serbia, Netherlands
- Georgia, Belarus. Optional - Portugal, Germany, Czech, France, Italy, Romania, Poland, Brazil, Belgium
- England. Optional - Netherlands, France, Lithuania, Italy
- Bosnia, Greece, Montenegro. Optional - Russia, Hungary, Portugal, North Macedonia, Romania, Spain, Cyprus, Kazakhstan, Slovenia
- Ghana, Israel. Optional - Netherlands, Nigeria, Belgium, Germany
- Norway, Denmark, England, Finland, Netherlands. Optional - Iceland, Turkey, Belgium, Brazil, USA
- Germany, France, Italy. Optional - Spain, Austria, England, Netherlands
- Germany, France, England, Portugal, Spain, Belgium, Italy. Optional - Netherlands, Brazil, Russia
- Russia, Belarus, Brazil, Georgia. Optional - Romania, Poland, Serbia, Croatia, Belgium, Italy
- Argentina, Mexico. Optional - Chile, Peru, Italy, Spain, Colombia, Venezuela, Brazil
- Mexico, England, Colombia, Argentina, Costa Rica. Optional - Spain, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Norway, Switzerland, France, Netherlands
- England, Scotland. Optional - New Zealand
Place in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\editor data folder. Start a new save. When selecting the database(before Advanced Setup), be sure to select the checkbox to enable this file.
Overall: This has been thoroughly tested by both of us, but considering there are so many nations and aspect to this, as well as variation in each save, there can be issues remaining. Any feedback you have would be great!
African nations: There is less data to help determine destinations of players born in African nations, and it is very tedious to compile. Data has been compiled for Nigeria, Senegal, Mali, Ivory Coast, Algeria, Cameroon, Morocco, and South Africa. This data has then been applied to Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Norway, France, England, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, USA, Turkey. As there are very few default playable African leagues, testers that load custom African leagues would be needed to ensure this information represents real life data accurately.
Affiliations: It's hard to find the data and research to determine affiliation tendencies for nations, and is also hard to know the mechanics FM uses. A few outside-of-nation tendencies have been applied, but more information could be used.
Ages: Age data is a huge task, and difficult to acquire, as well FM does not really apply the rules, but varies as it wishes. But any additional information is helpful.
- Created By: VP.
- Date Created: 17 Jan 2020
- Last Updated: 17 Jan 2020
- Last Comment: 17 Apr 2020
- Downloads: 1411
- File Name: RealisticTransferPreferencesbyDaveincidandmajesticeternity.fmf
- File Size: 71.84kB
- File Type: fmf
- Views: 7053
- Comments: 11