Franck
17 years ago
2 days ago
All discussion about Serie A, Serie B, Coppa Italia etc. here!
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
Seems things are kicking off at Milan. Allegri popped down to Inzaghi's training session with the youth team and had a go at him for trying to take his job.
bluemoon.
17 years ago
2 months ago
Premium
He seems to be handling the pressure well.
2D Pitch FM
17 years ago
7 months ago
Imagine Inzaghi on the touchline in a suit. Would be awesome.

Celebrate the goals as he did as a player on the touchline

http://cdn2.wn.com/ph/img/00/91/572535aef8493c604b52de51a475-grande.jpg
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
It can't be easy with every paper saying he has the next game or two to save his job. Deep down he must know he's out of his depth and it's sad to see him sticking with his 4-3-1-2 rather than taking a risk and trying something different.

That's one of the stories doing the rounds, a team of Mauro Tassotti (current Asst Man) and Inzaghi taking over till the end of the season.
jumberto
16 years ago
1 week ago
By Tarrantino | Permalink | On 20 September 2012 - 18:37 PM
Imagine Inzaghi on the touchline in a suit. Would be awesome.

Celebrate the goals as he did as a player on the touchline

http://cdn2.wn.com/ph/img/00/91/572535aef8493c604b52de51a475-grande.jpg

I watched CL Weekly or whatever it's called and they had a feature on him, he looks cool as fuck in a suit.
bluemoon.
17 years ago
2 months ago
Premium
By jumberto | Permalink | On 20 September 2012 - 18:43 PM
I watched CL Weekly or whatever it's called and they had a feature on him, he looks cool as fuck in a suit.

He's Italian, of course he looks cool as fuck in a suit. It's practically a requirement for citizenship.
Ehmo
17 years ago
5 years ago
There are surprise reports that ex-Inter Coach Rafa Benitez is among the candidates to replace Massimiliano Allegri at Milan.

The Coach is under fire after picking up one point from three home games between Serie A and the Champions League.

It is rumoured failure to get a result against struggling Udinese at the weekend could see Allegri sacked.

A surprise name has been thrown into the hat by newspaper Secolo XIX, who claim Benitez is in the running for the job.

It would be a return to San Siro for Benitez, who spent six months at Inter in 2010 before terminating his contract by mutual consent.

The more likely candidate would be an internal one, promoting Mauro Tassotti from the assistant manager role to that of Coach.

This is a joke, right?
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
I think they just pop his name in to get people's attention. BBC Sport had a thing last week linking Rafa with the Southampton job.
BR.
17 years ago
2 years ago
Benitez has always hidden behind the 'excuse' that he didn't get money to improve the squad at Inter (and build on their treble, I think he said, so their squad wasn't excactly bad in the first place). So I'm not sure Milan would be the place for him where he's handed people like Kevin Constant and that Acerbi on co-owns/loans.

Has Inzaghi even commented on the possibility of replacing Allegri at all? If not, he can't stop journalists writing what they write, so having a do at him would be stupid.
Bian
13 years ago
8 years ago
Apparently nothing really bad happened with Allegri and Inzaghi, but you can just tell by Allegri's face that he's feeling the pressure. He's even switching away from his beloved 4-3-1-2 to a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. I expect 3 up front because I don't think they have the personnel for a flat 4-4-2 to work.

As for Juve, Paul Pogba is expected to start in place of Pirlo to give him a rest. Mauricio Isla could get his full debut against Chievo as well. Lucio will probably slot into the defense and Quagliarella could start. Bad luck for Matri if that's the case, but I think Quags can offer us more, I was sad to see him linked away from the club because if you give him minutes, he can produce magic.
.verse
12 years ago
3 months ago
Quagliarella scissor kick was class, and another good win for Juve.
smurphptfc
12 years ago
10 years ago
Parma v Fiorentina sounded quite interesting and quite a lot of drama. Viola went 1-0 up, Parma missed a penalty, Parma got a red card and Fiorentina missed the subsequent penalty 88 minutes in, and then Parma scored a penalty in the 90th minute! Disappointed to have conceded so late and (probably) so cheaply. Decent away point though.
Bian
13 years ago
8 years ago
They're still working out the kinks, Fiorentina. They'll only get better, though today they could've won. Shame Jovetic missed the penalty.
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
Cagliari v Roma called off after the temporary stadium failed the latest round of safety checks meaning the game would be played behind closed doors. Then Cagliari's president decided it was safe enough and urged all their fans to attend. Fearing a potential riot from fans locked out the ground they decided the safest thing was to call the match off.

You couldn't make it up...
BR.
17 years ago
2 years ago
Only in Italy yeah, but this isn't a bad thing for Roma, especially if we get the three points and a 3-0 win. The potential line up didn't look half as good without Totti, DDR and Osvaldo in it, we've got a tough week with Samp on Wednesday night and then Juventus away Saturday night.

Plus Cagliari always beat us.
Ehmo
17 years ago
5 years ago
I like the team he's picked tonight, maybe aside from Mesbah. Abate's back, Zapata at CB, Montolivo and Nocerino back in the starting 11 and KPB dropped for SES.

Plus we're away so you know... might actually score.
Ehmo
17 years ago
5 years ago
What a goal, take a bow Stephan son.

Was looking a bit poor just before the 2nd half, dominating the start and then just letting them get in behind. Pharaoh's looked good.

---

Well there we go. 2-1 down, Zapata sent off and 20 minutes to go. Aaaaaaaagh
Franck
17 years ago
2 days ago
Never would have thought Ranegie would be scoring goals against Milan.

What a story that lads career has been.
BR.
17 years ago
2 years ago
Stramaccioni having a 'mare. Gotta be coming under a bit of pressure soon.
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
Siena 2-0 up now, not a good weekend for the Milan clubs.
DMT Abuse
11 years ago
7 years ago
Milan /o\ 2-1 defeat to Udinese, Inter lose as well but Milan in 15th ! Allegri in trouble.
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
Seems Milan have confirmed that Allegri is still coach. With a tough run of games coming up you have to feel he's living on borrowed time.

Despite the loss there were a lot more positives than negatives in our match with Genoa. We totally dominated a side that really gave Juve trouble, our attacking play is getting better, Hernanes had another good game and Ciani looks a great addition as well. The only downside was the likes of Zarate, Candreva and Lulic dribbling and taking shots themselves when a quick pass would have been the best option against Genoa's bank of 8 behind the ball. Also, it turns out the 35 year old Biava isn't up to playing 180+ minutes in 4 days, it was him cramping up that let that walking STD Borriello in to score.
smurphptfc
12 years ago
10 years ago
Roma have been awarded with a 3-0 win.
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
Cagliari could be hit with a 1 point penalty as well. What on earth was he thinking telling the fans to attend?
jumberto
16 years ago
1 week ago
Italian chairmen
BR.
17 years ago
2 years ago
Just finished watching Fiorentina v Juventus. Ended 0-0, but was a decent game. Impressed with Fiorentina, Montella has built what looks like a very good team.

They may well have gone on to win if Llajic had put away the chance he had just before HT, he should have buried it.
bluemoon.
17 years ago
2 months ago
Premium
Apparently Pizarro was quality. I probably should have watched.
BR.
17 years ago
2 years ago
He's still such a classy player yeah. I'm sure Enrique or Zeman could have found a role for him at Roma.
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
Aye, of the two registas, safe to say Pizzaro had the better game. Shame Fiorentina didn't manage to bring in another striker on the summer, other than that they look a pretty impressive side.

You'll need to Login to comment