VP.
13 years ago
4 weeks ago
A little over 24hrs old and i am already struggling for a save to simply the start the game with. I was managing some lower league Slovenian side but it was too soon into the new game to enjoy anything like that for me so it soon died.

So this thread is for people to post up ideas they have for a good game for those of us that struggle to get one going.

Try to include a little info on the team you suggest and what the realistic expectations are for that side

*could also be pinned if possible please*
KEZ_7
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
I've had to go Newcastle to start. Helps me learn the game on the grounds that I don't have to focus too much on the team as I know it and gives me the chance to explore features
Torri
12 years ago
10 years ago
Having the same question. I desperately don't want to play for Liverpool, I'm not in the Superman's saving-the-world mood right now. Something easy, not anything English.
Garak
13 years ago
2 months ago
I decided to go for FC St. Pauli in the German second tier to start. Most of the players are fairly young and you're expected to win promotion to the Bundesliga after the team narrowly missing out the previous season. Transfer budget is only like 500k and the squad is fairly large.

I started unemployed previously, got a job in South Korea, set up all of my staff, tactics and training and I was 2-1 up in my first match and the game crashed - no save so I decided to start at a club with a bit more structure this time.
Jaeronimo
17 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
Simulate the game until Christmas and do the bottom at christmas challenge. I've done that before when needing e meaningful save and it turned into one of the best games i played.
steveekay
14 years ago
1 day ago
you can try and scrape hinckley united off the bottom of the blue sq north, i imagine they have no funds or players since most of them jumped ship when they were relegated but then not relegated. could be quite a challenge indeed!
VP.
13 years ago
4 weeks ago
Think i'll go with the last at Xmas idea for now, as i'd prefer to manage somewhere that i have a good knowledge of to start with. May have overdone the database size though, 235,000 players loaded
Sam
17 years ago
1 year ago
I might do the Xmas challenge too.

I started a game with Stade de Reims as I had planned, not doing too bad a start, but it's too much of a challenge to get into straight away.
jumberto
16 years ago
1 month ago
If you load the Malaysian leagues (view-only) - you start the game at the end of November so you won't have to holiday as long.
VP.
13 years ago
4 weeks ago
Cheers but its just finished, cut the number of players down too as was taking forever first time around. My team to be is Wigan.

You'll need to Login to comment