smurphptfc
12 years ago
10 years ago
Partick Thistle champions oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-ohhh-oh.
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
Nice first post...

Anyway, read this earlier where the author talks about living with the grave misfortune to have grown up a Raith Rovers fan.
smurphptfc
12 years ago
10 years ago
18 points out of 18.

Jags are going up.
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
Was at Easter Road yesterday to see us throw away a 2-0 lead and have to settle for a draw, reminded me of the days under Blobby Williamson where we seemed to forget a match lasted 90 minutes.
Marc.
17 years ago
4 days ago
Premium
Paul Cairney play well, Hibee?

As for our game yesterday we were by and large very poor. Can't play like that against better teams in this league, we afforded Cowden a lot of room to play and time on the ball, leading to their rather peachy goal. The defending for it could have been better [like closing down a bit quicker after Shug lost the ball] but it was a fine strike from Jamie Stevenson.

On to Kirkcaldy next week, promises to be a tough test.
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
He did ok, seems to have made the left midfield position his own in our first 11. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the middle but he's doing ok where he is plus Claros had a great game yesterday, about time too.
Flash.
17 years ago
10 months ago
Premium
A Scottish Football League source has revealed that the body rejected proposals from the Scottish Premier League and Scottish Football Association to strip Rangers of titles this summer because the proposal came before the club had been found guilty following allegations of using dual contracts to pay players under the previous owners.

So the SPL tried to strip us of our titles before we were found guilty of anything.

What a surprise.
Johnsey
17 years ago
1 month ago

RANGERS have moved UP three places on the list of average European club league attendances despite dropping from the SPL to the Third Division over the summer.

The Light Blues have soared into 16th position from last season’s 19th spot thanks to their average of 46,738 for games so far with East Stirlingshire, Elgin and Montrose.

Gers’ total is better than their city rivals Celtic’s average of 45,064 and they had more than 4,000 more fans at Ibrox at the weekend than there were at Parkhead.

They also had the third-highest crowd in British football behind Newcastle’s for their game with Norwich City and the meeting of Manchester City and Arsenal.

When Neil Lennon’s side unfurled the championship flag against Aberdeen last month, there were 48,521 people in attendance.

But when Rangers played their first Ibrox SFL fixture of the campaign a fortnight later, they attracted 49,118 people with seats in home areas officially sold out.

In turn, the phenomenal Light Blues followers smashed the world record for a fourth-tier league match by more than 10,000.

The current average league attendance at Gers is actually an improvement on last term’s overall figure of 46,324.

And it eclipses figures at the likes of reigning English Premiership champions City and megabucks French outfit Paris St Germain.

It is no great surprise that big-name European sides Borussia Dortmund, Barcelona, Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid make up the top five.

But the fact Gers are comfortably in the leading 20 clubs will raise an eyebrow or two – although manager Ally McCoist is far from surprised.

He said: “The crowd at the weekend really was staggering. When the big game was on in England, I heard the commentators saying our crowd was one of the biggest in the UK.

“To get that for an SFL3 game between Rangers and Montrose was fantastic and as I keep saying, our supporters are unbelievable.”

Since season tickets went on sale to supporters last month, around 36,000 of them have been sold making Gers one of the best-supported clubs in Britain.

Jan.
17 years ago
1 month ago
Premium
Too little, too late.
Flash.
17 years ago
10 months ago
Premium
Remember how Rangers leaving the SPL would have no effect on Celtic and how we would struggle to get 20,000 in Ibrox?
smurphptfc
12 years ago
10 years ago
Glasgow is the third most populous city in the United Kingdom. Er, well done on getting fans in to watch football.
Flash.
17 years ago
10 months ago
Premium
By smurphptfc | Permalink | On 26 September 2012 - 09:25 AM
Glasgow is the third most populous city in the United Kingdom. Er, well done on getting fans in to watch football.

Is that why your average attendance last season was just over 2,000?
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
I'm sure the lower price tickets has a lot to do with Rangers' attendances tbf
NOSNOS
16 years ago
7 years ago
Every twat and his dog is turning up at Ibrox now they are in the third division. Just look at Kazzy for example he never once had a season ticket until now, sure there are fans who are still turning up who have had season tickets for years upon years but there are still "uber" fans turning up to milk it.
Poe
17 years ago
17 hours ago
is it cheaper now or something?
Obtuse
15 years ago
3 years ago
Only in Scotland do you get 'abused' for going to games and not going.
Johnsey
17 years ago
1 month ago
Bit surprised we've gone with Aird over McKay.

Looking forward to this one!
Jan.
17 years ago
1 month ago
Premium
By Flash. | Permalink | On 26 September 2012 - 03:43 AM
Remember how Rangers leaving the SPL would have no effect on Celtic and how we would struggle to get 20,000 in Ibrox?

So... what effect is it having on Celtic may I ask?
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
By Slashman X | Permalink | On 26 September 2012 - 10:49 AM
I'm sure the lower price tickets has a lot to do with Rangers' attendances tbf

I dunno, given everything the clubs been through there are probably a lot of fans that are willing to fork out on season tickets, attend away games etc this season to show their support for a club at it's lowest ebb when they probably wouldn't have bothered had it been another SPL season against the same old sides.

I know I've compared Hibs season in the 1st division and Rangers in the 3rd before and it's a flimsy comparison at best, but there are a few similarities. Our crowds were up that year compared to the previous SPL season and a lot of folk I know (I was a bit young sadly) started going to away games because they were at new grounds they'd never had the chance to go to before.
NOSNOS
16 years ago
7 years ago
3rd division franchise knock SPL leaders out of cup. Surely one of the shocks of the century?
Johnsey
17 years ago
1 month ago
By NOSNOS | Permalink | On 26 September 2012 - 21:20 PM
3rd division franchise knock SPL leaders out of cup. Surely one of the shocks of the century?

Hang on, now that you've said it, after it being joked about loads of times before, now it's funny.

Did you come up with that by yourself?
NOSNOS
16 years ago
7 years ago
Come up with what?

Anyway VERNONNNNNNNNNNNNN
DMT Abuse
11 years ago
8 years ago
Well done Rangers
Flash.
17 years ago
10 months ago
Premium
By Jan. | Permalink | On 26 September 2012 - 19:19 PM

Your average domestic attendance has dropped by about 14,000.
NOSNOS
16 years ago
7 years ago
The domestic attendance is likely to drop for them considering last year they didn't play at home in any of the cups, im sure the poor attendance at last nights game will be more than made up by three 60000 sell outs at Porkheid.

League attendance is only down 5000.
Flash.
17 years ago
10 months ago
Premium
By NOSNOS | Permalink | On 26 September 2012 - 23:42 PM
The domestic attendance is likely to drop for them considering last year they didn't play at home in any of the cups, im sure the poor attendance at last nights game will be more than made up by three 60000 sell outs at Porkheid.

League attendance is only down 5000.

A 5,000 (Although it's closer to 6,000) league attendance drop over a season is 3 million pounds.

I'd say that's pretty big.
Bhoy_Wonder
17 years ago
2 months ago
Then you factor in the Champions League money and it's not as big a deal as it seems.
NOSNOS
16 years ago
7 years ago
There is so much things that can define average attendances if a teams average automatically drops it doesn't necessarily mean it will be down to the Rangers playing in Div 3, I can see Aberdeen's dropping yet again but that is because we are so shit.
Jan.
17 years ago
1 month ago
Premium
Jozi.... I mean Flash is correct, why question his superiority?
Jim White
15 years ago
3 years ago
By Obtuse | Permalink | On 26 September 2012 - 18:00 PM
Only in Scotland do you get 'abused' for going to games and not going.

I would expect nothing less from him, in all fairness. Permanently confused.

By Jan. | Permalink | On 26 September 2012 - 19:19 PM

Well, less people attended the first game of the season at Parkhead, flag-raising ceremony and all, than descended on Ibrox for the first Third Division game. You also sold less than 15,000 tickets for the Raith Rovers League Cup game and about a third of those people didn't turn up with your on-the-night attendance being less than 10,000. One night later, Rangers sell just shy of 30,000 tickets for a game in the same round. No arguments about price as your tickets actually went for less than ours did, I believe season ticket holders were charged £9 for theirs.

You'll need to Login to comment