drew_3
16 years ago
2 weeks ago
Get more ridiculous each year in this game. You try to buy a player and you have to pay over twice his value, however if you ask for 2-3m more for one of you players you don't get it!! or worse still they offer you 800k upfront and the rest is all in instalments with the rest coming over the next half century!!

It kills the game for me.
Sheriff Skacel
10 years ago
1 month ago
Premium
I disagree, the FM14 transfer system isn't perfect but there's always a reason behind everything. If you are struggling to get a player it could be down to anything;
- Lack of depth in that position at his club
- The club don't need the money
- The player has ages left on his contract
- The manager dislikes you

And when selling players its the same thing, it can be frustrating but there's always a good reason as to why you can't sell a player or sell a player for what you think he's worth. Sometimes you just have to swallow your pride and accept a lesser offer.

For example, I had a 29 year old CB who was amazing, easily world class. He was worth 16m and had one year left on his deal, I offered him out at 40m but clubs only came back with 18m bids. With this I knew I was valuing him far too high but I still thought I could get more, so I rejected all the bids and offered him out at 30m. Man Utd came in with a 23m bid and I knew that was as good as it would get because of his age and contract situation so I accepted it.
edallen2
12 years ago
5 months ago
A who is player transfer listed and not playing while not brought by other clubs. Give him a few games to get form and fitness his value will increase and the chances of him being sold will also increase. Form, fitness, contract, age, reputation, potential etc. will dictate what a club is prepared to pay for the play. Fellaini is not worth over £30m same with Torres is not worth £50m. This is why on my current save I have gone for free signings from the beginning has I will be more likely to make money on them if I decided to sell them.

On Burton Albion save, Adam McGurk is valued at £1.4m but I will only sell if a club is prepared to pay over £2m for him has it is going to cost me the same amout or more to get a decent young replacement.
Tyrion Lannister
11 years ago
4 years ago
Banned
drew_3, you must be going for the wrong players mate. which team are you managing? I have to agree with skacel on this.

You'll need to Login to comment