Dan
12 years ago
4 months ago
This surprised me this morning, not sure what others think on the situation? Surely a move to a small Premier League club now?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27519596
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
SR67
12 years ago
2 months ago
It was only a matter of time before he left. No backing from the board and expect the next manager to be treated the same. An unfortunate situation that could deter a quality manager taking over.

My main worry is that its a sign of things to come i.e. Forster, van Dijk etc. leaving.
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
Definitely thread worthy
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Shut up Carroll, does every thread have to be run by you to meet your standards?

I'd say this is worth a thread seeing as it's pretty major news
Shedender
17 years ago
1 month ago
He'll go to Norwich.
Dan
12 years ago
4 months ago
My dearest apologies Carroll I will allow you to start or the worthy threads next time, after all this news of a football manager leaving a club such as Celtic is hardly a sports discussion I guess! haha

Anyway yeah i imagine he will go to Norwich!
tmatthew
17 years ago
4 months ago
SR67
12 years ago
2 months ago
Considering there is a large Scottish presence on this forum it is definitely thread worthy.
Shedender
17 years ago
1 month ago
My dearest apologies Carroll I will allow you to start or the worthy threads next time, after all this news of a football manager leaving a club such as Celtic is hardly a sports discussion I guess! haha

You're staff, just ban him.

The one thing about Neil Lennon (apart from the fact I can't stand the cunt) is I think he'll get found out at a "lesser" club, if he does head to Norwich then he could easily get found out being a shit manager.
Dan
12 years ago
4 months ago
I think if he heads somewhere like Norwich as you said he will be undone, its okay managing a top team in a poor'ish' league but then the Prem is completely diferent!

He'd be better of waiting for the Southampton job to come up and if it does, pounce on that!
SR67
12 years ago
2 months ago
I personally would love to see Malky Mackay, doing see it happening though Also seen Michael Laudrup's name mentioned but can't see that either.

Realistically I think Jackie McNamara is a good choice, done a great job at both Thistle and Dundee Utd and could bring some of those youngster with him.
Footygamer
17 years ago
1 day ago
I personally would love to see Malky Mackay, doing see it happening though Also seen Michael Laudrup's name mentioned but can't see that either.

Realistically I think Jackie McNamara is a good choice, done a great job at both Thistle and Dundee Utd and could bring some of those youngster with him.

Won't be Laudrup or Mackay, they'll want too much money, Lennon was paid pittance compared to premier league clubs.

All the talk is about Henrik Larsson. Not a bad place to keep learning your trade and is obviously addored there.
Franck
17 years ago
3 days ago
Larsson would be a disaster.
Number 1
16 years ago
10 months ago
Twitter claims David Moyes is the favourite for Celtic.
Franck
17 years ago
3 days ago
Definitely thread worthy

That's not up to you to decide.
SR67
12 years ago
2 months ago
Larsson would be a disaster.

I agree, sure he'd put arses on seats but it would put us back to where Lennon picked up.
SR67
12 years ago
2 months ago
Quite annoying there has been no announcement by the board yet.
Dan
12 years ago
4 months ago
I honestly reckon Moyes will be going Celtic!
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
They could appoint basically anyone and still win the title next season.
Crane
14 years ago
3 weeks ago
Premium
I hope Lennon doesn't come to the PL.

David Moyes' wages would be too high, surely?
Shedender
17 years ago
1 month ago
Celtic can have Ally McCoist if they want.
Jason
17 years ago
1 month ago
If Moyes goes to Celtic, it'll make him like Alex Ferguson, its not hard to win the Scottish Premier League.

Lennon would do shite with Norwich too imo.
gfnx25
12 years ago
6 years ago
Kevin Blackwell and Paul Ince are available.
Dan
12 years ago
4 months ago
Shedender
17 years ago
1 month ago
McCoist?

He has a tremendous record in cup games.
Rick87
14 years ago
5 days ago
Martin O'Neil return?
Jan.
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
Premium
Agree with what Seans saying, alot of chat past few months about him leaving due to no board backing will put anyone of any quality off the job. Think it'll be Larsson to replace him myself, terrible if so but it'll do until the monkeys get back into the SPL. Be someone cheap and cheerful anyway.

Interesting if Lennon does get a job down south if he'll be vilified by the media and general football supporters there. 'He brings it on himself' etc. We'll see.
Franck
17 years ago
3 days ago
Larsson only started his current job about 6 months ago. I really can't see him leaving so soon, even for Celtic.
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
Pretty sure Paddy Fenlon's still out of work...

You'll need to Login to comment