TommyAwesome
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
So... I've just pre-ordered FM 2013 via Steam, against my better judgement, as I like to have the DVD. But, I did it anyway, and may live to regret it unless....

Is it possible to force the file location of specific games else where? I have a SSD and HDD on my laptop, and want FM to be installed on the SSD - so... hmmm, wait there - Just checked - Steam was installed on the SSD anyway - so my problem is solved/non-existent - it will install on the C: / SSD drive. So why do I carry on typing / making this post I hear you ask?
Well, partly because "I've started so I'll finish" - but mainly as the question is still there, and I'd like to know... Can you specify where a steam app/game installs??

and, this just came to me - anyone that downloaded/bought FM from Steam last year - how long did it take to download on release night? Or could you download it early, and just not play it until 12:00am on release day? I may book a day off work, as I am sad, so would like to know I can play it straight away, and not be in a long line of people waiting for it to download.
TomDixon77
17 years ago
1 year ago
I think you're stuck with wherever you installed Steam, I can't find anything in settings. The game will download in the week before release, so it shouldn't take much time at all on release day
Matt
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
Nah, you can't. Need to move your Steam folder.

Log out and exit Steam
Navigate to the folder where Steam is installed (by default: C:\Program Files\Steam\)
Delete all of the files and folders except the SteamApps folder and Steam.exe
Cut and paste your Steam folder to the new location, for example: D:\Games\Steam\
Launch Steam
Steam will briefly update and then you will be ready to play
All future game content will be downloaded to the new folder D:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\

You'll need to Login to comment