Johnsey
17 years ago
1 month ago
Had this on the old forums to just talk about music in general, new bands, old bands, tours etc.

I've been listening to The Lumineers lately, well impressed with them!
The Platypus
13 years ago
1 year ago

Really enjoying this. Looking forward to their album in January.
Also, Christopher Owens (formerly of Girls) is releasing his solo album in January as well.
Abbott
17 years ago
8 years ago
You're a Fiona Apple fan right, Bobs? Should I just start with her debut then go from there?
The Platypus
13 years ago
1 year ago
By Abbott | Permalink | On 25 October 2012 - 18:35 PM
You're a Fiona Apple fan right, Bobs? Should I just start with her debut then go from there?

FIONA! She's awesome.
I'm personally not a huge fan of her debut (though it is a fine album) and I much prefer her sophomore outing When The Pawn Hits...
But yeah, they're all worth a listen, though Idler Wheel and When The Pawn are the best ones.
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
I've basically just spent the whole of last week just listening to Sleigh Bells. Forgot how much I love them.

The Platypus
13 years ago
1 year ago
Really liking the sound of Christopher Owens new single. Took me a couple of listens though.

Listen HERE
Abbott
17 years ago
8 years ago
I've been listening to Boards of Canada quite a bit recently. Took me a while to get round to it, but I really like them now.
Zog
17 years ago
5 years ago
Been getting into quite a lot of chilled out electronic music recently, really enjoying Gold Panda, Four Tet and Aphex Twin.

Oh and Balam Acab, love this guy;

EDIT - Youtube not appearing for anyone else?
Franck
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
By Abbott | Permalink | On 26 October 2012 - 18:38 PM
I've been listening to Boards of Canada quite a bit recently. Took me a while to get round to it, but I really like them now.

Dayvan Cowboy is amazing.
The Platypus
13 years ago
1 year ago

Excited for whenever his new album drops.
Tommo.
12 years ago
1 year ago
Started to get into Jessie Ware after hearing one of her songs
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
Been listening to MGMT the last few days. They're one of those bands which I don't really care about and they're not that great, but sometimes they make me really happy.
Nani17
16 years ago
15 hours ago
MGMT had about six decent songs on their first album. Aside from that I think they are overrated.
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
I wouldn't even as go as far to say six songs, maybe 4. But those songs are awesome for what they are.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
Neutral Milk Hotel are awesome.

Zog
17 years ago
5 years ago
I prefer this version;

Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
Aye, I came across that earlier.
Pippadoc
15 years ago
3 years ago
Big fan of The Zac Brown Band at the moment, they're country/southern rock. Well worth a listen if your into that kind of music!

Just got Stone Sour's new album as well, it's had great reviews from pretty much everywhere. Anyone listened to it yet?
Johnsey
17 years ago
1 month ago
Got Lumineers tickets earlier \o/

Been listening to a band called Long Miles lately, not too bad so far.
Zog
17 years ago
5 years ago

My friends band, getting pretty big round these parts, even if it is in the fairly low key Norwich music scene.
Crane
14 years ago
5 days ago
Premium
That's pretty good tbh. Video is a bit gash though.
Zog
17 years ago
5 years ago
Yeah I know, some guy paid for their studio time but the video was just thrown together from all the footage they had of themselves.
K3V0
15 years ago
1 year ago
Went to see Coldplay last night, have to say they're quite fantastic live.
Johnsey
17 years ago
1 month ago
Managed to get Killers tickets yesterday.

I couldn't pass up the chance to see them purely because of how quick they sell out!
smurphptfc
12 years ago
10 years ago
Anyone into Tame Impala? Probably my favourite album of the year (but I can only compare it to two/three others. I've hardly listened to any new music this year).
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
By smurphptfc | Permalink | On 01 December 2012 - 02:26 AM
Anyone into Tame Impala? Probably my favourite album of the year (but I can only compare it to two/three others. I've hardly listened to any new music this year).

Listen to the third Crystal Castles album. Only came out last month.

[/brokenrecord]
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
So. Have any of you heard that one song with the super weird video where they sneak into a swimming pool and it's some vague metaphor for sex? This one, in fact.

I've seen that like three times since it's come out from people being like "dude check out this video". But I listened to it today and I don't think I realised how fucking good that song is.
The Platypus
13 years ago
1 year ago
By Telegram Sam | Permalink | On 02 December 2012 - 00:13 AM
Listen to the third Crystal Castles album. Only came out last month.

[/brokenrecord]

Ahem...

Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel...
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
By The Platypus | Permalink | On 02 December 2012 - 00:36 AM
Ahem...

Not a fan?
The Platypus
13 years ago
1 year ago
You're not a fan? Or I'm not a fan.. I'm now confused.

What are you doing to me.

You'll need to Login to comment