Fola
17 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
Right, I have been reading stories on here about snatching up players who are released into the game every year through the youth intake.

I am managing Bordeaux and it has now come to the 8th March and my youth candidates have arrived. They are all okay but nothing special. I was looking at other clubs to see if I could poach any promising youngsters but they have all signed long term deals already.

I don't understand how players are meant to be snapped up if they join a club straight away… Only reason is I've seen players snap up talented youth from the intake and I haven't a clue how it's done.

I found what date the youth intake is here:
http://www.mypassion4footballmanager.com/2013/11/football-manager-2014-regen-dates-youth-intake.html

It states… 'The Football Manager 2014 regen dates will be your chance to snap up quality regens and new amazing talents "before everyone else", and bring them into your own youth academy.'

HOW?! Please help.
philstanbridge
11 years ago
2 weeks ago
Premium
You have done nothing wrong. There is only a chance that you can 'snap' up the quality youth. It is not guaranteed. When the youth intake appear, you can scroll through the relevant players and scout them if necessary. If you like them you have to offer them a contract before they sign for their current club. This generally takes a few days although sometimes it is worth offering a contract prior to scouting, as this can take a couple of days also. There is always the possibility they will remain where they are. It's also worth noting that your club reputation is vitally significant. Some clubs stand no chance of 'poaching' a player.

You'll need to Login to comment