Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Didn't see one so might as well start one.

Turns out Legia Warsaw fielded a banned player against Celtic (for 4 minutes) and it's looking likely they'll have to forfeit the match 3-0 which means Celtic will go through to the playoff rounds. Jammy bastards
Jonas
17 years ago
4 years ago
Premium
A life line for Deila if the appeal goes through...
Crane
14 years ago
3 weeks ago
Premium
He did miss 3 matches, but he wasn't registered for the first 2, so they don't count.
Franck
17 years ago
3 days ago
Good to see Malmö turn the tie around against Sparta Prague. It's been 14 years since we had a team in the group stage now, that really has to be changed.
Chera
16 years ago
3 years ago
Confirmed that Celtic go through.
Shola
15 years ago
5 years ago
Henning Berg really can't catch a break.
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
Ridiculous decision
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Chera
16 years ago
3 years ago
Rules are there and Uefa had to do it. The Debrecen one a few years ago where they only got fined for a similar thing was the incorrect decision, not this one.

Harsh on the players/manager at Legia though, completely dominated.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Rules are there and Uefa had to do it. The Debrecen one a few years ago where they only got fined for a similar thing was the incorrect decision, not this one.

Harsh on the players/manager at Legia though, completely dominated.

https://sortitoutsi.net/uploads/mirrored_images/vyaG9IOFl4TOy423ASSFE6jsZ38XCwsN1zUTG4B7.jpg

Debrecen was #3, Legia is #2 different 'crimes', different punishments (notice "may" vs "is" ) . So both were correct decisions
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Shedender
17 years ago
1 month ago
Ridiculous decision

And how do you figure that one out? I hate Celtic (due to supporting Rangers) but Legia fielded an ineligible player (albeit for four minutes) and rules are rules. Celtic are jammy fuckers though.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Yeah, I don't think anyone is denying that Celtic are jammy cunts
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
What was different with the Debrecen one?

Plus the fact it had absolutely no effect on the result and from what I am reading he only played as they thought his ban was over after the other two games
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
What was different with the Debrecen one?

Plus the fact it had absolutely no effect on the result and from what I am reading he only played as they thought his ban was over after the other two games

Debrecen player just wasn't registered, Legia player was banned. He wasn't registered for one of the games against Pat's so it didn't count towards his 3 game ban.

Whether it affected the result is irrelevant, the rule clearly says "Play a banned player, you forfeit the game"
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
It is a little relevant because it's absolutely pointless. Like you said he wasn't registered for the 3rd game, which was most likely a office error, why would they play him if they thought he was banned?
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
It is a little relevant because it's absolutely pointless. Like you said he wasn't registered for the 3rd game, which was most likely a office error, why would they play him if they thought he was banned?

Legia admitted to fielding a banned player and were punished exactly according to the rules for fielding a banned player. Their own fault that he wasn't registered for that game, no one else's
Franck
17 years ago
3 days ago
And of course Malmö ends up with the toughest possible draw. Yay!

Better luck next year!
bmg033
10 years ago
4 months ago
Celtic are losing 0-1 (1-2 agg). 15 mins to go.
Jonas
17 years ago
4 years ago
Premium
This Celtic side really are shit.
bmg033
10 years ago
4 months ago
Yeah, Ambrose has to be one of the worst players i've ever seen.
K3V0
15 years ago
1 year ago
Celtic are absolute shite!!
bmg033
10 years ago
4 months ago
Lol Maribor are through!
BR.
17 years ago
2 years ago
How Celtic fans must miss the days of Larsson, Sutton, Hartson, Petrov etc with O'Neill as manager. The current lot they have are dire.
Eric Portapotty
14 years ago
1 week ago
Alexis has been pish so far.
Eric Portapotty
14 years ago
1 week ago
Egg on my face, okay

I still stand by what I said though.
Based Jorge
10 years ago
3 years ago
I have no idea why we're constantly playing this shite 4141 formation which shifts out best player to the left. Wenger is absolutely baffling at times.
Sam
17 years ago
1 year ago
Malmo are 2-0 up against Salzburg, 3-2 on agg. I really want them to go through, had a great FM game with them back in the day.

Come on.
Eric Portapotty
14 years ago
1 week ago
Genuinely terrifying now.
Shola
15 years ago
5 years ago
Hope Debuchy gets a lengthy ban for that.

You'll need to Login to comment