Dan
13 years ago
5 months ago
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTgDGjUU7jMeE65FuFjegpNyH1vqeBDrqKzWL0iL-HMDc2RlJd

So we are drawing towards the end of FM14 now, many players (including myself) have lost or are beginning to lose motivation for their saves and struggle to begin new saves. All of this is for one main reason, FM15 is just around the corner, usually a thread similar to this pops up, I may be a bit early but hey lets get this ball rolling.

I've been speaking with Shedender and a couple others across the forum about potential saves to bring to the forum for the new release. Mine is likely to be a massive journeyman save around Europe at least, potentially even the world. Also I look to do a succession save with Shedender and George again.

Whats your plans for the new release in November? Biggest challenge?
K3V0
15 years ago
1 year ago
Given the recent developments at Old Trafford I'll be looking to guide them back into the UEFA Champions League and to Premier League glory. Will try emulate what Sir Alex Ferguson did at the club.
insideout20
14 years ago
3 years ago
And i will be trying to make glasgow rangers fans proud again and try and develop some young scottish players into worl class players......that does seem impossible but the same coukd be said for england right now
edallen2
12 years ago
5 months ago
If i do get fm15 I will probably play in the mls.

iam still enjying my burton albion save, this save is probably the longest one I have done with one club.
Dan
13 years ago
5 months ago
Given the recent developments at Old Trafford I'll be looking to guide them back into the UEFA Champions League and to Premier League glory. Will try emulate what Sir Alex Ferguson did at the club.

Sounds good, I enjoyed doing that this year when Moyes took over, got rid of a load of deadwood and built etc! Would you be writing it here? Your usual templated written stories?

And i will be trying to make glasgow rangers fans proud again and try and develop some young scottish players into worl class players......that does seem impossible but the same coukd be said for england right now

Shedender done this on this years version and done a cracking job, leading them to 10 SPL titles in a row! Be good to see what players you could develop over many years of playing!

If i do get fm15 I will probably play in the mls.

iam still enjying my burton albion save, this save is probably the longest one I have done with one club.

Always nice having that one 'longest save' hoping this year I will get one main save in and span it across a good five months! Could turn into a great save! Never really liked managing in the MLS however always enjoy reading about them!
Chera
16 years ago
3 years ago
I will start my first game with Man Utd as always and hopefully take them back to the top.

Then I will probably start one with Southampton. I like their recent signings and they should have a good amount of money to build. Also they have great youth facilities so bringing through youth players which I enjoy should be possible.
KEZ_7
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
I think Man United will actually be interesting for a change, as will Barca with their embargo.

I'll probably start with NUFC though and then go for a bottom-to-top style save with a Conference North/South side
Dan
13 years ago
5 months ago
I will start my first game with Man Utd as always and hopefully take them back to the top.

Then I will probably start one with Southampton. I like their recent signings and they should have a good amount of money to build. Also they have great youth facilities so bringing through youth players which I enjoy should be possible.

Yeah Southampton should be a good save, I imagine we will see a lot of United saves at the start of this year!
I think Man United will actually be interesting for a change, as will Barca with their embargo.

I'll probably start with NUFC though and then go for a bottom-to-top style save with a Conference North/South side

Good choice with Barca! With their strikeforce you could really play to the advantage of goals, goals goals! Also like the idea of the bottom to top, always a favorite of mine! May try and include that within my journeyman save as I will start somewhere poor anyway!
itchycoo
15 years ago
1 year ago
I will probably manage in Sweden, try to increase the stature of the league by taking one team to become a regular in the European cups. And then move on to the next club, with the same ambition. I haven't decided on a team and league to start in yet.
Shedender
17 years ago
1 month ago
I haven't decided (in concrete) what career I will be starting but I am looking for a long-term save and career on these forums, I suppose it all depends on if you're able to get a job when beginning unemployed as this years (after the patch) was harder and harder.

Usually I start a career with Rangers but I'm not 100% sure if I will do it this year but I probably will.
Crane
14 years ago
6 days ago
Premium
Anyone seen the leaked 15 screen shots? Quite a change in the UI.
Dan
13 years ago
5 months ago
I will probably manage in Sweden, try to increase the stature of the league by taking one team to become a regular in the European cups. And then move on to the next club, with the same ambition. I haven't decided on a team and league to start in yet.

Always like those kind'a saves, definitely provides a bit of challenge but you need to not get attached to a club as you move on once they are at the level you want them to be!
I haven't decided (in concrete) what career I will be starting but I am looking for a long-term save and career on these forums, I suppose it all depends on if you're able to get a job when beginning unemployed as this years (after the patch) was harder and harder.

Usually I start a career with Rangers but I'm not 100% sure if I will do it this year but I probably will.

Yeah I think there was a bug in the unemployed and trying to get a job area of the game but hopefully its fixed for this year! Your thinking about your european trip again? Rangers would be good but easier than the last few years!
Anyone seen the leaked 15 screen shots? Quite a change in the UI.

I haven't fancy posting them here?
Shedender
17 years ago
1 month ago
Your thinking about your european trip again? Rangers would be good but easier than the last few years!

It's something I've been thinking about mate but it's all about getting a job when starting unemployed but unlike this year, I won't post a career on these forums (even though I could delete it myself) until I'm guaranteed a job.

Managing Rangers on next years game is 'pointless' as you're only one promotion away from the Scottish Premiership (unlike FM13 when you were three seasons from the top flight and this years game, two years) but knowing my luck, it's a career I will probably end up doing as I'd love to secure ten Premiership titles in succession for a third straight year.
George14brfc
12 years ago
3 years ago
I will be doing a Big journeyman this year around the world and just seeing where I get to, also hopefully starting unemployed but I will see how hard it is to get a job first! I hope it will be very long running and last me a long time! And a Succession game with Dan and Shedender
K3V0
15 years ago
1 year ago
Sounds good, I enjoyed doing that this year when Moyes took over, got rid of a load of deadwood and built etc! Would you be writing it here? Your usual templated written stories?

I'm currently unemployed and doing nothing but going the gym really so if that's still the same or similar come November then a story will definitely be written. If I'm strapped for time it'll probably be more screenshot based, but there will definitely be a career thread so you can follow bud
VP.
13 years ago
4 weeks ago
Not played 14 for a long time now and as of yet not really thought about getting 15 either. Will do at some point no doubt but not sure if it'll be on release day.
Keith K.
10 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
I will play as Plymouth.

I had Leyton Orient in FM14 and had a good run (I've even restarted with a summer transfer update). It also made it fun to see a match there when I visited London (from the US) in March. So I wanted to pick a team in a place I would like to visit in the future and possibly see a match.

I decided to go a league down and pick a team that wasn't highly favored for promotion but not a total train wreck either. I actually don't know anything about them but figured with the obvious US-UK connection (including the Mayflower on their logo) it is somewhere I want to visit the next time I'm in the UK. I also like UK naval history so I have spent some time in Portsmouth and I would like to go to Exeter someday due to the Roman connection (also an interest of mine). But with Portsmouth a near lock to go up and Exeter a near lock to get relegated, it looks like Plymouth will be my choice.
Dan
13 years ago
5 months ago
It's something I've been thinking about mate but it's all about getting a job when starting unemployed but unlike this year, I won't post a career on these forums (even though I could delete it myself) until I'm guaranteed a job.

Managing Rangers on next years game is 'pointless' as you're only one promotion away from the Scottish Premiership (unlike FM13 when you were three seasons from the top flight and this years game, two years) but knowing my luck, it's a career I will probably end up doing as I'd love to secure ten Premiership titles in succession for a third straight year.

Fair enough mate, sounds good. Yeah the Rangers one would be rather the same I guess, maybe should be a more behind the scene save this year around
Dan
13 years ago
5 months ago
I will be doing a Big journeyman this year around the world and just seeing where I get to, also hopefully starting unemployed but I will see how hard it is to get a job first! I hope it will be very long running and last me a long time! And a Succession game with Dan and Shedender

Same with me then George, be good to run a journeyman against someone and see how they fair!
Dan
13 years ago
5 months ago
I'm currently unemployed and doing nothing but going the gym really so if that's still the same or similar come November then a story will definitely be written. If I'm strapped for time it'll probably be more screenshot based, but there will definitely be a career thread so you can follow bud

Ah that would be good but either way be good to see you back on the careers forum
Dan
13 years ago
5 months ago
Not played 14 for a long time now and as of yet not really thought about getting 15 either. Will do at some point no doubt but not sure if it'll be on release day.

Yeah I struggle to play 14 at the moment. Hopefully you do get FM15, enjoy your arsenal saves
Dan
13 years ago
5 months ago
I will play as Plymouth.

I had Leyton Orient in FM14 and had a good run (I've even restarted with a summer transfer update). It also made it fun to see a match there when I visited London (from the US) in March. So I wanted to pick a team in a place I would like to visit in the future and possibly see a match.

I decided to go a league down and pick a team that wasn't highly favored for promotion but not a total train wreck either. I actually don't know anything about them but figured with the obvious US-UK connection (including the Mayflower on their logo) it is somewhere I want to visit the next time I'm in the UK. I also like UK naval history so I have spent some time in Portsmouth and I would like to go to Exeter someday due to the Roman connection (also an interest of mine). But with Portsmouth a near lock to go up and Exeter a near lock to get relegated, it looks like Plymouth will be my choice.

Ah Plymouth would be an interesting save, be a good one to watch thats for sure. Sounds like you've had fun in previous saves.
George14brfc
12 years ago
3 years ago
Same with me then George, be good to run a journeyman against someone and see how they fair!

Yeah I have had the idea for a while! I look forward to it too!
.verse
12 years ago
4 months ago
I'm not even sure I'll get the game, it's become a bit of a bore over the last few years and the value for money isn't there anymore. I tried to get back into it with FM14 via Classic Mode and did get a few season into a LLM game, but that's where it all died. Haven't had a consistent game since probably FM11/FM12.

That said, if I can find the game for ridiculously cheap price then it's possible I may give it another crack. I would like to play it again on a more consistent basis like I once did. A career with Juventus might be on the cards like I used to do, try to build on Conte's success and re-establish the club amongst the elite of Europe. Possibly a Palermo game as well, as they've always been a favourite too.
Tommo.
12 years ago
1 year ago
Will likely get it in a steam sale sometime after release as I haven't played 14 in a while. Will likely start like i usually do with a Chelsea. I usually end up doing a Millwall one too. Main aim will be a Lech or PSV as they where my longest saves a few years ago and not really played with them since
Dan
13 years ago
5 months ago
I'm not even sure I'll get the game, it's become a bit of a bore over the last few years and the value for money isn't there anymore. I tried to get back into it with FM14 via Classic Mode and did get a few season into a LLM game, but that's where it all died. Haven't had a consistent game since probably FM11/FM12.

That said, if I can find the game for ridiculously cheap price then it's possible I may give it another crack. I would like to play it again on a more consistent basis like I once did. A career with Juventus might be on the cards like I used to do, try to build on Conte's success and re-establish the club amongst the elite of Europe. Possibly a Palermo game as well, as they've always been a favourite too.

Ah its a shame when you struggle to get into it. This year I had one of my longest saves I think as I went from United to AC Milan and really enjoyed the transitions! We don't see many Italian saves on the site so a Juventus or Palermo game would be good to see!
Dan
13 years ago
5 months ago
Will likely get it in a steam sale sometime after release as I haven't played 14 in a while. Will likely start like i usually do with a Chelsea. I usually end up doing a Millwall one too. Main aim will be a Lech or PSV as they where my longest saves a few years ago and not really played with them since

Ah I expect I'll buy it via this site before release, again some different teams we don't see very often!
Ah Tau The Great Action Hero
17 years ago
3 years ago
Plan to play/manage Spanish or Italian lower teams on FM2015. Maybe teams with chronic finance or pretty bad team with no hope of getting promoted.
As for FM2014, I currently managed Real Sociedad B side (play in Segunda division). My intention after installing latest transfer data update is to manage Valencia or Sevilla but didnt have the feel or motivation to play for long term save. So I choose Real Sociedad B and it is tough. Not only I didnt have final say in transfer dealing (especially selling or loan players as I dont want to lose highly rated youth players) and my team squad is pretty thin on defense, I have mounting injuries crisis too. I have to pick different formation just to fit in available players. Sometimes re-train them to new position (eg: Wingers re-train to fullbacks/wingbacks). But I find it enjoyable to play this save as my team. From there I realized I have to learn to adapt not only my own tactics but also to my players condition and opposition.
Dan
13 years ago
5 months ago
Plan to play/manage Spanish or Italian lower teams on FM2015. Maybe teams with chronic finance or pretty bad team with no hope of getting promoted.
As for FM2014, I currently managed Real Sociedad B side (play in Segunda division). My intention after installing latest transfer data update is to manage Valencia or Sevilla but didnt have the feel or motivation to play for long term save. So I choose Real Sociedad B and it is tough. Not only I didnt have final say in transfer dealing (especially selling or loan players as I dont want to lose highly rated youth players) and my team squad is pretty thin on defense, I have mounting injuries crisis too. I have to pick different formation just to fit in available players. Sometimes re-train them to new position (eg: Wingers re-train to fullbacks/wingbacks). But I find it enjoyable to play this save as my team. From there I realized I have to learn to adapt not only my own tactics but also to my players condition and opposition.

Sounds excellent man, you should bring it to our careers section I'm sure these sorts of saves would interest a lot of people, where success isn't the main key!
Sam
17 years ago
1 year ago
Took me a while to get into 14, but since I have I've mainly done LLM so I'll probably do Torquay and get them back into the Football League.

Although, as per tradition, I always have a brief mess about with United at first.

You'll need to Login to comment