Jonas
17 years ago
4 years ago
Premium
...and we're already out. Failed to produced a single chance at home to Italy - Conte's side won comfortably 2-0. And we've got Croatia in the group as well...

Hats off to Lars Lagerbäck and Iceland. 3-0 at home to Turkey! They're better than us now haha.
VP.
13 years ago
1 week ago
Andorra are the dirtiest side i have ever seen, pretty much just kicked the shit out of Wales for 90mins.
Shedender
17 years ago
1 month ago
Probably because Andorra aren't good at much else?

Still pleased that Northern Ireland managed to come behind to pick up maximum points at Hungary on Sunday for our first away win in four years (won 1-0 at Slovenia in 2010) but obviously the result means fuck all if we don't beat Faroe Islands at home in October before two more tough away games in Greece and Romania.
BR.
17 years ago
2 years ago
^ You'll beat the Faroes, and that'll give you 6 points from 6 which I bet hasn't happened for a while, but yeah it'll still be tough to qualify.

Even though Wales barely scraped past Andorra, it was a very good night for them - I still highly doubt they'll qualify but Bosnia losing in the other game was good news.
K3V0
15 years ago
1 year ago
I'm just delighted we beat Georgia on Sunday.

Was absolutely vital we did that as we've got the Germans away next month and Scotland in November.

Should beat Gibraltar with little trouble at home, if we don't then we don't deserve to go to Euro 2016.
Shedender
17 years ago
1 month ago
^ You'll beat the Faroes, and that'll give you 6 points from 6 which I bet hasn't happened for a while, but yeah it'll still be tough to qualify.

Dunno, we seem to struggle when heavy favourites as it's the same side that could only pick up draws at home to Luxembourg and Azerbaijan during the World Cup qualifying campaign but I hope you're correct and we pick up three vital points (6 points from 2 games will be excellent) and then two tough away games.

We did beat the Faroes 4-0 last time they came to Belfast, the same result would be lovely.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Is Brian Kerr still managing the Fairies? Love that man. Didn't ye lose to them last campaign? Proudest moment of his career
Shedender
17 years ago
1 month ago
I think the away game ended 1-1, which was embarrassing.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
I think the away game ended 1-1, which was embarrassing.

Ah, they beat Estonia after.

We have four carpenters, at least six full-time students – one of them had to fly to Copenhagen and back for an exam this week – two policemen, an accountant, one fella works in a sports shop, two teachers, Andreas works in a bowling alley, and he’s doing a bit of carpentry as well. Simun is full-time in Iceland, Suni works in a fish factory, I think Frodi’s a builder, Jakup is a teacher but he’s on the town council as well, he’s like a TD. That’s kind of the run of it. The pool is quite limited, there’s no one at Milan we’ve missed out on. The Granny Rule isn’t much help either, the Faroese haven’t been huge at emigration.

Reading that in Kerr's thick Dublin accent is just amazing.
K3V0
15 years ago
1 year ago
He was on the telly there talking about the granny rule and all that before!
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
He was on the telly there talking about the granny rule and all that before!

Yeah, that's where the quote is from
K3V0
15 years ago
1 year ago
Yeah, that's where the quote is from

Wasn't sure if it was an old one.

What's your opinion on Mark Noble?
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
K3V0
15 years ago
1 year ago
Wouldn't mind him playing for us so?
Shedender
17 years ago
1 month ago
Do you fancy taking Alex Bruce back? Would be greatly appreciated.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
List of host cities for Euro 2020

Glasgow, Scotland.
Brussels, Belgium.
Budapest, Hungary.
Bilbao, Spain.
Dublin, Ireland.
Amsterdam, Holland.
Bucharest, Romania.
Copenhagen, Denmark.
Rome, Italy.
Saint Petersburg, Russia.
Baku, Azerbaijan.
Munich, Germany.
London, England.

Munich, Baku, Rome and St Petersburg to stage one Quarter-Final and three Group Games.

Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Dublin, Bilbao, Bucharest, Budapest, Brussels and Glasgow to host one last 16 match and three Group Games.

Semi Final and Final in Wembley
BR.
17 years ago
2 years ago
Should have just the final at Wembley and have different cities for the semis IMO.
Croy
13 years ago
4 months ago
What is going on? Why are multiple countries hosting games from EURO 2020?
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Croy
13 years ago
4 months ago
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Should have just the final at Wembley and have different cities for the semis IMO.

FA struck a deal with German FA which meant they pulled out, in exchange for supporting each other in next 2 World Cup bids. Sounds suspiciously like the exact thing the FA went mad at other nations for leading up to 2018/2022 results
VP.
13 years ago
1 week ago
There's always deals between FA's when the big competitions come around, which is fine as long as you're not paying for those votes.
Jonas
17 years ago
4 years ago
Premium
Slovakia are 1-0 up against Spain.
Crane
14 years ago
3 weeks ago
Premium
Wtf was Casillas doing?
K3V0
15 years ago
1 year ago
Moldova are holding Austria to a 1-1 draw atm.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Luxembourg kicking ass
BR.
17 years ago
2 years ago
Slovakia beat Spain 2-1 - they've lost four of their last six games now.
Jonas
17 years ago
4 years ago
Premium
The players' reactions to Stoch's winner was fantastic. Spain's first qualifying game loss in 8 years too!
Chera
16 years ago
3 years ago
Not sure what more De Gea has to do to replace Casillas.
K3V0
15 years ago
1 year ago
Spain aren't anywhere near the same team anymore.

You'll need to Login to comment