smurphptfc
12 years ago
10 years ago
Giants dominating the Panthers right now. I thought Carolina had a decent chance prior to the game but it just hasn't worked for them at all. 20-0 down nearing the first half.
Pippadoc
15 years ago
3 years ago
Absolutely dreadful fantasy week for me /o\ Apart from Ray Rice pretty much all my players were god awful this week. My bench wasn't much better either .

On the plus side it was a great day for the Ravens yesterday, we looked awful in the first quarter but came back brilliantly to win on a last second field goal against the Patriots. A nice changed from last seasons missed field goal in the AFC Championship game.

Torrey Smith had a great game as well, getting two TD's. Really impressive from him considering his younger brother died less than 24 hours before the game !
TomDixon77
17 years ago
1 year ago
Who's got me next week? Get ready to score more points than you've ever done before.
om4ever
17 years ago
8 years ago
Terrific game between Ravens and Patriots.

https://sortitoutsi.net/uploads/mirrored_images/j2W0hkAbRbFTQ7dCCKDJ1gTBpCVk5sCbduhuW2Ys.jpg
Poe
17 years ago
1 day ago
smurphptfc
12 years ago
10 years ago
Packers are 7-0 down to Seahawks right now, but Aaron Rodgers has been sacked eight times already; we've not even finished the first half.
smurphptfc
12 years ago
10 years ago
What an ending! Don't have a fucking clue what's going on!

Seahawks get the win in the end, touchdown in the final seconds after throwing for a fourth down, but the Seattle WR and someone in the Packers D catch it at the same time, pretty much. No-one really knows what's going on, and one of the officials calls for a TD and the other as an interception. Gets looked at and gets called for a TD.

Packers players are protesting furiously though and not wanting Seattle to play for the FG due to them feeling cheated. Seems like the wrong decision was made.

I'm not entirely sure what's going on any more, but this is fucking mental.
KEZ_7
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
Not sure how old this is but it made me laugh

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1aLFSK/:1HUpi+$yw:aOTguE$H/cache.gawker.com/assets/images/11/2009/12/500x_chiefshphoto.jpg/

EDIT - not sure if that worked? Work PC is stupid
Poe
17 years ago
1 day ago
yeah, lot of debate about these replacement refs being completely fucking useless atm
om4ever
17 years ago
8 years ago
The NFL reached a deal with the refs, they will resume their job for Week 4, starting with tonight's game : Baltimore vs Cleveland
smurphptfc
12 years ago
10 years ago
Giants Eagles on now!
Crane
14 years ago
4 days ago
Premium
Watched the game, only like the 3rd time I've watched an NFL game. Quite enjoyed it, Eli Manning was the only player I knew though \o/ Might have to watch the game on C4 next Sunday night/monday morning.
TomDixon77
17 years ago
1 year ago
I finally sodding won a week in effeffelle!
smurphptfc
12 years ago
10 years ago
By Crane | Permalink | On 01 October 2012 - 04:59 AM
Watched the game, only like the 3rd time I've watched an NFL game. Quite enjoyed it, Eli Manning was the only player I knew though \o/ Might have to watch the game on C4 next Sunday night/monday morning.

I think the Cowboys Bears game is on the BBC red button tonight.
The first 28 minutes or so was really droll, but it picked up after that. Last ten minutes was really entertaining. Started off quite defensively but finished off a lot better than that. I wouldn't worry about not knowing players names, I only know a select few, and that's just because I have them in my fantasy team. I'm starting to pick more up though just by watching games.
Poe
17 years ago
1 day ago
I understand most of what happens now in NFL but I'm completely baffled why the Eagles called a time out just before the Giants kicked the field goal attempt? It essentially gave them two efforts at a good kick.
Flash.
17 years ago
10 months ago
Premium
When's the Superbowl? February?

IT'S ON POE.
Poe
17 years ago
1 day ago
I'll kill you this time.
om4ever
17 years ago
8 years ago
By Poe | Permalink | On 01 October 2012 - 15:08 PM
I understand most of what happens now in NFL but I'm completely baffled why the Eagles called a time out just before the Giants kicked the field goal attempt? It essentially gave them two efforts at a good kick.

It's called "Icing the kicker".

And I agree with you, it is a retarted strategy. Last week the Dolphins blocked the game winning attempt from the Jets, but the head coach took a time-out, so second try and the kicker won the game for New-York
hammer9
16 years ago
1 month ago
Brilliants for new England patriots beat Buffalo Bills 58-28, they was down 21-7 by Bills.
Tommo.
12 years ago
1 year ago
How have I missed this thread :L May be biast being a Pats fan but our game was deffinatly game of the week. 5 Unresponded touchdown in 2nd half If we continue playing like 2nd half there I cant wait for Wembley game
smurphptfc
12 years ago
10 years ago
By Tommo. | Permalink | On 01 October 2012 - 19:40 PM
How have I missed this thread :L May be biast being a Pats fan but our game was deffinatly game of the week. 5 Unresponded touchdown in 2nd half If we continue playing like 2nd half there I cant wait for Wembley game

Are you going to it? I'm going to try and go to one, probably if Eagles go because my mate's an Eagles fan and I don't really have a side, but I reckon it would be quite hard to see what's going on with the ball and that. I'd also be completely lost without the orange lines, but I'd assume they'll be on the TVs.
smurphptfc
12 years ago
10 years ago
Bears 34-18 Cowboys.

Decent game. Started off quite defensive but it got into it. Romo got intercepted 5 (five) times! Bears D playing so well meant I won in FF which was looking unlikely, and I've went from 0-2 to 2-2. Must be doing something right!
Tommo.
12 years ago
1 year ago
By smurphptfc | Permalink | On 01 October 2012 - 23:27 PM
Are you going to it? I'm going to try and go to one, probably if Eagles go because my mate's an Eagles fan and I don't really have a side, but I reckon it would be quite hard to see what's going on with the ball and that. I'd also be completely lost without the orange lines, but I'd assume they'll be on the TVs.

Yeah I Am. Part of the UK Patriots forum so got tickets before went on general sale through actual Patriots. Sitting around halfway near bottom so got good seats
SamboXIV
16 years ago
9 years ago
smurphptfc
12 years ago
10 years ago
Chargers Saints on now. I'd like Saints to go 0-5 just because it would be funny, but I want Brees to win that record - only if he passes to Sproles though, for fantasy reasons!
Tommo.
12 years ago
1 year ago
A big win for Patriots today which they needed. Though Manning was gunna turn it round at the end though when Ridley fumbled. D-Mac was awful in the D though
smurphptfc
12 years ago
10 years ago
Brilliant. Well done Drew Brees!
Tommo.
12 years ago
1 year ago
He will soon lose the streak and Brady will break it Hes only like 9/10 behind I think
TomDixon77
17 years ago
1 year ago
Would somebody mind having a crap week against me in effeffelle for once? Ta.
Pippadoc
15 years ago
3 years ago
Jacoby Jones just scored a 108 yard kick-off return TD \o/

The Raven have got an 11 point lead over the Cowboys now

You'll need to Login to comment