VP.
13 years ago
4 weeks ago
Was undecided on this but gave in earlier and purchased from Shopto. With previous releases i've took a big interest in the build up to the release, finding out any bit of information i can. This time around all i really know is that the game is set slightly in the future, which is actually what was putting me off buying it.

As always i'll only play online, but the 'futuristic' weaponry better not be ott.
Obtuse
15 years ago
3 years ago
It's shit don't bother
Deano
17 years ago
1 month ago
By Obtuse | Permalink | On 01 November 2012 - 00:13 AM
It's shit don't bother

Have you played it?
chokosc
14 years ago
3 weeks ago
I, personally like Treyarch more. Their games might not have more new stuff but they are just better. For example, I always wanted to go back to BO, it just had something that made me want to play it all the time! But MW3 got very boring, very early on.

Hopefully BO2 is just as fun and good as BO1!

Campaign = Should be amazing as always
Online = Hopefully as good as BO1, if not better
Zombies = Instant win!
Obtuse
15 years ago
3 years ago
By Deano | Permalink | On 01 November 2012 - 03:06 AM
Have you played it?

Yup
Jason
17 years ago
2 months ago
Can;t wait for it, Treyarch are a better team than Infinity Ward. WAW was a brilliant game, BO 1 was a really good game, this game if anything like the other two should be amazing.
DB
15 years ago
7 years ago
By Jay. | Permalink | On 01 November 2012 - 14:27 PM
WAW was a brilliant game,

BRB MP40 , steady aim and stopping power. Firing off the hip and killing people half the map away.
VP.
13 years ago
4 weeks ago
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
If can you can throw grenades from horseback, I will get this game. Though I fear that may be false advertising.
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
Yeah, in no way are Treyarch better than Infinity Ward.

COD 2 was amazing, COD 3 was an abortion.

4 was the single reason why COD is one of the worlds best selling franchise, and the reason is because IW crafted one of the best online experiences in gaming.

WAW was ok, but it piggy backed off the success of 4, it literally only added Zombies which was hardly innovative either (Gears 2 came out at the same time and had Horde mode) and it's not as if they were trend setters.

Ever since MW2 Treyarch have produced slightly better games, but that's because Infinity Ward were very aware that the stuff that makes them money is the shit idiots lap up like Kill Perks and pandered to it.
Zog
17 years ago
5 years ago
Yeah but everything in the past is absolutely irrelevant. Treyarch are actually taking the series forward with some really interesting ideas whereas IW haven't really produced anything worth noting since 4.
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
By Zog | Permalink | On 01 November 2012 - 19:55 PM
Yeah but everything in the past is absolutely irrelevant. Treyarch are actually taking the series forward with some really interesting ideas whereas IW haven't really produced anything worth noting since 4.

Seeing as it was absolutely gutted in 2010 then yeah.

But nothing of note is ridiculous, you might not have liked that they followed the money after 4, but MW2 and 3 are two of the most commercially successful games of our time if they're not worth noting then Treyarch have never produced anything of note.

But regardless, Treyarch have always piggy backed off of the superior company and Black Ops 2 is going to be standard Treyarch fair, a perfectly playable game but a very formulaic one.
Jason
17 years ago
2 months ago
By Ninja | Permalink | On 01 November 2012 - 19:38 PM
Yeah, in no way are Treyarch better than Infinity Ward.

COD 2 was amazing, COD 3 was an abortion.

4 was the single reason why COD is one of the worlds best selling franchise, and the reason is because IW crafted one of the best online experiences in gaming.

WAW was ok, but it piggy backed off the success of 4, it literally only added Zombies which was hardly innovative either (Gears 2 came out at the same time and had Horde mode) and it's not as if they were trend setters.

Ever since MW2 Treyarch have produced slightly better games, but that's because Infinity Ward were very aware that the stuff that makes them money is the shit idiots lap up like Kill Perks and pandered to it.

And in 2012 Infinity Ward are........... not doing anymore Call of Duty games, so what you just said is irrelevant. They hit their peak at COD 4, it slowly went down hill and MW3 is an Abortion of a game.

IW care only about money and not their game.
Jason
17 years ago
2 months ago
By Ninja | Permalink | On 01 November 2012 - 20:18 PM
Seeing as it was absolutely gutted in 2010 then yeah.

But nothing of note is ridiculous, you might not have liked that they followed the money after 4, but MW2 and 3 are two of the most commercially successful games of our time if they're not worth noting then Treyarch have never produced anything of note.

But regardless, Treyarch have always piggy backed off of the superior company and Black Ops 2 is going to be standard Treyarch fair, a perfectly playable game but a very formulaic one.

Disagree about 3, a lot bought it, yes, but a lot also traded it in too.
DB
15 years ago
7 years ago
By Zog | Permalink | On 01 November 2012 - 19:55 PM

That would be because the people that made COD4 got fucked over by activision and didn't like the way they were wanting them to take the series.

And looking in the past isn't irrelevant at all since COD4 is the pinnacle of the series quality wise and none of the other games in the series since have been able to replicate that.
DB
15 years ago
7 years ago
By Jay. | Permalink | On 02 November 2012 - 01:25 AM
And in 2012 Infinity Ward are........... not doing anymore Call of Duty games, so what you just said is irrelevant. They hit their peak at COD 4, it slowly went down hill and MW3 is an Abortion of a game.

Errr what? You're getting activision and IW mixed up here. Especially since the original IW boys (cod4) left a massive cash cow because of the way activision were wanting a new game turned out every year much like they did with guitar hero.
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago

Seeing as most of the creative leads of IW left then yes.

But you can't look at the weight of someones back catalogue, compare it to an inferior one and say that it's irrelevant. Doesn't work like that, and if it was me making that ridiculous claim you wouldn be arguing it the same way I am.

Fact is, COD 4 is the best game of the series, Treyarch aren't gonna leave the series because they know they hit the fucking jackpot when Infinity Ward gave them a game that they couldn't fuck up.

Treyarch are a boring stale company, they're going to release boring stale COD games until the series goes the way of Guitar Hero.
Jan.
17 years ago
1 month ago
Premium
Series is already hit the way of guitar. The community is full of worst cunts too, not worth playing these games imo.
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago

>Implying that Treyarch are more noble than IW.
You understand that Activision gives them their marching orders, right? They basically just get told "make this game with these things and make sure the multiplayer is polished to fuck". It's a paycheck for all three companies involved and there is no way in hell anyone could enjoy developing those games. There is no way you could love them if you were making them. By making of course I mean farting them out in a year.
ItsWoosey
11 years ago
5 years ago
I just don't play the titles since CoD4 (I still buy them for whatever reason, a combined 60 hours gameplay on the latest 4 games and the most recent 3 of which for sure will be permanatly greyed out on my steam). To rake in the big money the games and their PC 'ports' catered too much for the casual solo player. I miss the old days and always will; buy a server, host a promod/pam4 config, enter a tournament or scrim until the late hours of the morning on your days off to practice the new smoke and frag hotspots and timings you'd come up with. The newer games are far too run and gun arcade-like for me.

Still waiting on a good FPS designed for 5v5. Spawn with a rifle and/or pistol with a nade only. No silly killstreak rewards and of course SnD as the only game mode. Could be waiting a good while, sadly.
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
By FiveofSix | Permalink | On 02 November 2012 - 21:08 PM
Still waiting on a good FPS designed for 5v5. Spawn with a rifle and/or pistol with a nade only. No silly killstreak rewards and of course SnD as the only game mode. Could be waiting a good while, sadly.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-y42TITdR2rQ/T1_RdlxVa7I/AAAAAAAAALk/GDY5cRxYrqw/s1600/Blacklight-retribution-logo.jpg
Best multiplayer since TF2. Free to play on PC off of Steam. You can customise the fuck out of your weapons too which is awesome. Well designed maps, good gunplay, well balanced and actually a fairly sound community. Never seen anyone call anyone a noob or whatever even. Lots of game modes.
Haven't played it in a while actually. Might rev it up this weekend since I'm on the ill side.
Matt
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
Still downloading games I see Jay.
Fantastic
13 years ago
1 month ago
Banned
I've called the police.
Jason
17 years ago
2 months ago
By Matt | Permalink | On 05 November 2012 - 09:18 AM
Still downloading games I see Jay.

Got a console for downloading games i don't want to buy, or have no interest in buying, and one for legit purchases. Ive finished the campaign on my other console, got the game pre-ordered for my legitimate console.
Matt
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
That makes it alright then...
Jason
17 years ago
2 months ago
By Matt | Permalink | On 05 November 2012 - 16:13 PM
That makes it alright then...

Oh yeah, you've never downloaded anything that costs money, from the internet. My bad.

Can clear up the ghost perk among a few other things now too... If someone is using ghost and you have a UAV.. they will be detected if standing still.. if they are moving around slowly enemies get caught by it still.. enemies have to be constantly running to make sure your not detected by UAV, same thing goes for if you have the millimeter scope. The only way the UAV and millimeter scope detects them 100% is if they are running and not stopped by any obstacles etc. So even if you stop to shoot with a silenced weapon youll show up on a UAV.
Jan.
17 years ago
1 month ago
Premium
Have you been playing it online? Heard that servers aren't going up till day before release?
Jason
17 years ago
2 months ago
By Jan. | Permalink | On 06 November 2012 - 21:54 PM
Have you been playing it online? Heard that servers aren't going up till day before release?

They're not online yet.

Where did you hear they wasn't gonna be up till a day before release? They're doing live streaming from IGN/Machima from the servers on Thursday, so id expect the servers will be up by them.

Black Ops 1 servers was up at the weekend prior to release too.
Jan.
17 years ago
1 month ago
Premium
My mate is one of those dicks that exclusively play COD and buys ridiculously priced headphones to sound-whore on it. He told me.

You'll need to Login to comment