.verse
12 years ago
4 months ago
Right, so the other day my regular iPod earbuds finally cacked it, with the left ear no longer working. I am now in the hunt for some new earbuds and am seeking some suggestions.

I'm not after anything expensive and have a preference for earbuds, for general day to day use. I already own a pair of $90 noise isolation in-ears, but they aren't really suitable when walking around the city or at work, since obviously I literally can't hear a thing once they're in.

At this stage I'm heading towards trying to find another pair of genuine iPod earbuds, if anyone else has other recommendations, shoot.
Franck
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
Sony's MDR-series are excellent. Been using some version of them for years and I am currently using a model called MDR-EX310LP.
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
jumberto
16 years ago
1 month ago
I chucked my Apple ones (awful) and use the ones that came with my Galaxy
.verse
12 years ago
4 months ago
By Franck | Permalink | On 23 September 2012 - 06:51 AM
Sony's MDR-series are excellent. Been using some version of them for years and I am currently using a model called MDR-EX310LP.

They're in-ear noise isolation ones, already have a good pair of those. As mentioned in OP, not overly practical for what I'm after.

By King Luis | Permalink | On 23 September 2012 - 08:21 AM
I always get these

Much the same as above reply.

By jumberto | Permalink | On 23 September 2012 - 09:37 AM
I chucked my Apple ones (awful) and use the ones that came with my Galaxy

Completely forgot about my Galaxy ones actually, might even just use them yet. Cheers.

Any other suggestions welcome. Again, just after something fairly cheap but decent and that will still allow me to hear the outside world.
smurphptfc
12 years ago
10 years ago
Go for Sennheiser.
Abbott
17 years ago
8 years ago
Sennheiser CX300s.
Bian
13 years ago
8 years ago
Don't get anything Apple more than once because they last a maximum of 4 months. Almost anything Sony are popular with my friends, they've lasted almost a year for them and still work great.
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
Who the fuck buys apple earbuds?
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
By smurphptfc | Permalink | On 23 September 2012 - 14:30 PM
Go for Sennheiser.

I'll second that, great make.
Franck
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
Wasn't a fan of the Sennheiser buds I had, that was almost a decade ago now though.
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
How do you even remember what they were like?
Franck
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
I remember that they broke and that the Sony's I replaced them with were a big improvement.

I've also got a pretty good memory, once something actually gets in there, it stays.
.verse
12 years ago
4 months ago
By Bian | Permalink | On 23 September 2012 - 18:01 PM
Don't get anything Apple more than once because they last a maximum of 4 months. Almost anything Sony are popular with my friends, they've lasted almost a year for them and still work great.

Considering I've had these Apple earbuds for maybe 3 years now or more, with very regular use, they've lasted well. A lot of it comes simply down to how you look after your stuff.

By King Luis | Permalink | On 24 September 2012 - 00:05 AM
Who the fuck buys apple earbuds?

I want cheap earbuds, not in-ears. I was merely curious as to what other decent ones were around.

As mentioned, I've already got a decent pair of in-ears, but they're noise isolation ones and aren't really suitable for general day to day use.

Not really hard to comprehend, surely?
Flash.
17 years ago
10 months ago
Premium
I don't understand why noise cancelling earphones aren't viable for day-to-day use.

If I'm listening to music I don't want to hear anything else.
jumberto
16 years ago
1 month ago
Apple's standard issue are absolute crap. Poor sound quality and really leaky so everyone around has to listen to a tinny version of whatever you've got on.
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9076585/Trail/searchtext>JVC.htm

These last absolute years. I've had two pairs of them and recommend them. Cheap too.
.verse
12 years ago
4 months ago
By Flash. | Permalink | On 25 September 2012 - 15:08 PM
I don't understand why noise cancelling earphones aren't viable for day-to-day use.

If I'm listening to music I don't want to hear anything else.

Well it's good to be able to hear what's going on around you in the city while walking to work etc. Plus, when at work, I can still hear what's going on etc.

Just comes down to personal preference really. I don't have anything against in-ears, I own a pair that I've been using in the mean time but for what I want, they aren't the most ideal type. I find being able to hear things around you as well a great benefit at times, has also spared me from undesirable situations too. I spose it just gives that extra bit of awareness of your surroundings.

You'll need to Login to comment