Deano
17 years ago
1 month ago
John Terry is set to retire from international football with immediate effect.
tmatthew
17 years ago
4 months ago
Jumped before he's pushed.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
Good. Still decent but we should be giving more chances to the likes of Cahill, Jagielka and Shawcross before 2014.
Obtuse
15 years ago
3 years ago
The FA shouldn't be taking action against him as the law found him not guilty. I guess he will have more time to spend with other people's families now though
2D Pitch FM
17 years ago
7 months ago
Oh well. Gives defenders like Jagielka and Lescott a chance.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
Gary Cahill is a pretty natural replacement for Terry. Doubt we'll miss him much.
Dutton
17 years ago
1 month ago
Never again will I have to see the footballing equivalent of an Eddie Stobart truck perform a 5-point turn ready to jog behind a striker advancing on goal. In a bit JT.

Does this mean we have to remove one of the lions from the badge?
bluemoon.
17 years ago
2 months ago
Premium
By Obtuse | Permalink | On 23 September 2012 - 21:09 PM
The FA shouldn't be taking action against him as the law found him not guilty. I guess he will have more time to spend with other people's families now though

Sod off
jumberto
16 years ago
1 week ago
The FA shouldn't be taking action against him as the law found him not guilty.

Rubbish.
Ehmo
17 years ago
5 years ago
Good riddance.
.verse
12 years ago
3 months ago
The FA shouldn't be taking action against him as the law found him not guilty.

This in a nut shell.

That said, shall very much benefit Chelsea with his retirement.

England will miss him and his leadership qualities on the pitch, even if they do have some decent replacement options.
DMT Abuse
11 years ago
7 years ago
Didn't the verdict say that he was racist but they couldn't charge him because of something?
Sam
17 years ago
1 year ago
Cheerio JT, we know what you are.

Someone on Twitter summed it up well:

"The ego on that man. Cant bear being kicked out of the squad when he gets found guilty. So jumps before he's pushed and blames someone else."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3ga3ODCQAACp5d.jpg:large

Eric Portapotty
14 years ago
1 week ago
CHELSEA'S BRAVE JOHN TERRY
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
"You can't sack me, I quit" \o/
tmatthew
17 years ago
4 months ago
By Eurostar | Permalink | On 24 September 2012 - 07:50 AM
Didn't the verdict say that he was racist but they couldn't charge him because of something?

They said it was highly likely, but it couldn't be proven beyond all reasonable doubt.

I read that in Scotland they use the term "not proven" rather than "not guilty", which is what Terry was found.

Absolutely horrible man, won't be missed in the slightest.
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
Good defender in his day though, and that's what matters on the pitch so i'd say he could be missed.
Flash.
17 years ago
10 months ago
Premium
By tmatthew | Permalink | On 24 September 2012 - 11:05 AM
They said it was highly likely, but it couldn't be proven beyond all reasonable doubt.

I read that in Scotland they use the term "not proven" rather than "not guilty", which is what Terry was found.

Absolutely horrible man, won't be missed in the slightest.

We use both Not Proven and Not Guilty.

One if we can't make a decision on the available information and the other if we can prove they're innocent.
bluemoon.
17 years ago
2 months ago
Premium
By Slashman X | Permalink | On 24 September 2012 - 10:45 AM
"You can't sack me, I quit" \o/

"YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR!"
VP.
13 years ago
1 week ago
By Verse | Permalink | On 24 September 2012 - 06:16 AM
This in a nut shell.

That said, shall very much benefit Chelsea with his retirement.

England will miss him and his leadership qualities on the pitch, even if they do have some decent replacement options.

I'm 100% certain they won't, though i really hope Ferdinand doesn't get a call up now, at least not as a starter.
chokosc
14 years ago
5 days ago
I don't understand say they won't miss him... Sure, he did some of the most retarded things off the pitch but on it he's been the best defender in recent years for England.

Show me another player that will jump in front of the ball, risking himself for both country and club. Show me another English player willing to do something like this:

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01071/terry_12_682x400_1071798a.jpg

Seriously, give some respect to the things he's done on field!

Captain. Leader. Legend!
VP.
13 years ago
1 week ago
By chkosc | Permalink | On 24 September 2012 - 19:42 PM
I don't understand say they won't miss him... Sure, he did some of the most retarded things off the pitch but on it he's been the best defender in recent years for England.

Show me another player that will jump in front of the ball, risking himself for both country and club. Show me another English player willing to do something like this:

Captain. Leader. Legend!

He used to be the best centre back this country has had since Tony Adams, but my point is that he is certainly in decline. He runs like he's in quick sand now and once the legs go there is no coming back. I know pace has never been his strong point, but more and more you see him getting skinned by strikers, plus his positional sense seems to be going too. For me we will certainly be stronger without him in the team and i also believe this whole case with Anton Ferdinand must have also caused some problems in the dressing room with other England players, thats without the Wayne Bridge saga from a while back.
chokosc
14 years ago
5 days ago
By VP. | Permalink | On 24 September 2012 - 19:51 PM
He used to be the best centre back this country has had since Tony Adams, but my point is that he is certainly in decline. He runs like he's in quick sand now and once the legs go there is no coming back. I know pace has never been his strong point, but more and more you see him getting skinned by strikers, plus his positional sense seems to be going too. For me we will certainly be stronger without him in the team and i also believe this whole case with Anton Ferdinand must have also caused some problems in the dressing room with other England players, thats without the Wayne Bridge saga from a while back.

Of course he is getting worse with time. But my problem is the way people say he won't be missed as if he did nothing for the country.

Not that England can win anything any time soon
bluemoon.
17 years ago
2 months ago
Premium

Captain. Leader. Legend!

Are you high?
Blaze
17 years ago
1 year ago

Captain. Leader. Legend!

http://cadfael.tv/image/src/1340134374112.gif
jumberto
16 years ago
1 week ago
Peak Rio Ferdinand was better than peak John Terry.
Juan Mata
12 years ago
1 month ago
Premium
By jumberto | Permalink | On 24 September 2012 - 20:39 PM

I do not agree with this but it's your opinion so it's ok.
bluemoon.
17 years ago
2 months ago
Premium
By jumberto | Permalink | On 24 September 2012 - 20:39 PM

Seconded.
jumberto
16 years ago
1 week ago
Yeah fair enough.

2007/2008 he was absolutely phenomenal.

Most people don't rate him highly because he's a Maldini style defender not all blood and thunder, though he can get stuck in too.
Obtuse
15 years ago
3 years ago
By Blaze | Permalink | On 24 September 2012 - 20:04 PM
http://cadfael.tv/image/src/1340134374112.gif

Handball. Should have been a penalty

You'll need to Login to comment