Feed
Football Manager 2020 is available to Pre Order Now! Get early access and FM Touch Free. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM19? We have the worlds biggest FM2019 Data Update. 25 minutes ago
Footygamer added a video: NEW FOOTBALL MANAGER 2020 SAVE - FM20 HULL CITY LIVE NOW!
25 minutes ago
sweet commented on: FM2020 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v0.3 for FM20 beta [released on 05/11/2019]
1 hour ago
A new version of our data update was released with 245799 changes from 776 contributors.
1 hour ago
Ivs commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
2 hours ago
kilombos added a download: 6 new faces
2 hours ago
MauroSolazzo commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
2 hours ago
kilombos commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
2 hours ago
mons commented on: FM 2020 Beta Graphics Installation
2 hours ago
stamskg broke the record for FM2020 Fastest Hattrick with 7 mins
2 hours ago
mons commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
2 hours ago
LT1992 commented on: FM 2020 Beta Graphics Installation
3 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 245789 changes from 775 contributors.
3 hours ago
kilombos commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
3 hours ago
mahdidaco10 commented on: Football Manager 2012 update 2019/2020
3 hours ago
mahdidaco10 commented on: update fm 2012 season 19/20
4 hours ago
Damien 14 commented on: Balls 3D for FM 19
5 hours ago
Filippo2506 commented on: Balls 3D for FM 19
5 hours ago
mons commented on: Any other matters - related to Cut Outs but not to any particular thread
5 hours ago
Rowan commented on: Any other matters - related to Cut Outs but not to any particular thread
5 hours ago
mons commented on: FM2020 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v0.3 for FM20 beta [released on 05/11/2019]
5 hours ago
dragonnidh commented on: FM2020 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v0.3 for FM20 beta [released on 05/11/2019]
5 hours ago
Hajdu─Źki sin commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
5 hours ago
skeleton40 commented on: Request Thread (FANTASY, ALTERNATIVE and ANYTHING NOT IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
6 hours ago
mons commented on: Image finder thread - assistance in finding a source image
10 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 245785 changes from 775 contributors.
10 hours ago
Qvordrup commented on: Metallic logo Megapack Technical Support thread
10 hours ago
Qvordrup commented on: Metallic logo Megapack Technical Support thread
12 hours ago
rekooner2 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
12 hours ago
rekooner2 added a download: Rodez Aveyron Football Teampack
13 hours ago
Davey Boy commented on: Download Thread - *FM20 Update 1 Released* [06/11/2019] - file will soon be available via torrent
Discussion
http://i55.tinypic.com/2me6aoh.gif

The Challenge

The basic idea is that you manage both the San Marino club side, (who start the game in Siere D Girone D), and the San Marino National Team, using the players produced by an improved club academy to benefit the NT in a long-term save. If you are just interested in a challenge that will take you a few seasons then this ISN'T for you. It is likely to be measured in terms of decades rather than seasons because it is likely that you will be the only club producing players of a sufficient quality to impact on the NT as soon as your NT gains any real level of success.

The Club

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bb/San_Marino_Calcio_logo.png

San Marino Calcio, (nicknamed Titani in English translates to The Titans). The club was founded as Società Sportiva Serenissima in 1960 by the San Marino Football Federation, in order to have a team representing the Republic of San Marino in the Italian league.. They have never played higher than Lega Pro Girone B, (where they are now), and have stayed in the same division as last year due to re-shuffle. They play within the Italian structure, (the only San Marino club to do so), and they are also the only professional football club in San Marino.

The Challenge Rules:
  • No Limits on how many leagues you can load.
  • No FMRTE or Genie Scout whatsoever.
  • Once you’ve been sacked by the Club, the Challenge is over and you have to start again.
  • Don’t have to start immediately with NT you can wait for as long as you would like.
  • You can add Edited in Leagues such as the Sammarinese League.
  • FMC can be used in this but you have to mention that you are using it

Thread Rules

Player Naming is allowed along with talk about Tactics but no talk on downloadable tactics. If you want to download someoen else's tactics, (sigh), fine, just don't talk about it in here please.

When joining the Challenge please post a photo of your Manager’s Profile.

Once you've done a season please can you post a short summary of your progress showing the key things with Screenshots(e.g. Squad Stats, League Table, Youth Intake etc.)

Setting Up

You can run as many leagues in as many nations as you want, but in order for San Marino to be active you need to load at least down to Lega Pro.

After you have selected the Nations that you want to start the game with, press "Next - New Game Overview". From there click on the "Database Size" tab, and then select "Advanced" at the bottom of the sub-menu. It will then allow you to include some options that may assist you within your game.

*Note - You might have to wait until the league add on for the San Marino league and Serie D becomes available for FM16.
The Sammarinese Challenge.

Originally the brainchild of Ter, and then continued on by TWFL, the challenge almost died out, until myself and leonavich revived it and then really stuck with it through long-term FM14 saves, (although leon had got me involved with a great save towards the end of FM13).

Challenge threads from previous years.

The San Marino "Double" Challenge (FM07).
The San Marino "Double" Challenge (FM08).
The San Marino "Double" Challenge (FM09).
There is no thread that I can find for (FM10).
The San Marino "Double" Challenge (FM11).
There is no thread that I can find for (FM12).
The Sammarinese Challenge (FM13).
The Sammarinese Challenge (FM14).

Additional threads of extreme interest.

Sammarinese Suicide by Dave.
San Marino The Ultimate Challenge. by Nakoto Nakamura.
The Return of San Giovanni. San Marino Youth Challenge. by Nakoto Nakamura.
San Marino Challenge - My last game of fm2012.

The Challenge.

Part 1. You have to start as Manager of San Marino (club side), and without using the editor or any scouting tools, you have to take them to the top of Serie A and then on to Champions League success.

Part 2. You have to win the World Cup with the San Marino National Team. It has been done before, but expect to put a LOT into the save if you want to get anywhere near this. (Just to qualify for a World Cup or European Championship Finals should be considered excellent success).

Warning.

Look. The reality is that if you just want to play for a few seasons, then this challenge probably isn't for you. It runs at a ridiculously slow pace, and unless you can really speed through the seasons at dafuge'esque speed, then the reality is that even if you do brilliantly well, you won't complete the challenge because the chances are you will run out of time and FM17 will be released before you get anywhere near winning anything with the National Team, (and there is no shame in that). What it suggests as a result however, is that you actually play the FM16 save for longer than a full year, don't immediately swap to the new issue of FM17 when it comes out. This is extremely hard for some who are just unable resist the temptation of being lured away by new features, but I promise you that if you have never played a save for this long before, then you will be sorely torn. My laptop containing my FM14 save was lost and it nearly broke me. (Let that be a lesson to you all. Cloud saving is your friend!)

Options.

You can choose to start as manager of both the Club and National Team from the outset, (although please be aware, I once went 10 full seasons as NT manager without a competitive win).

Alternatively, you can decide that you can build up your reputation at club level before applying for the NT job at a later date. Please be aware that it is NOT against the rules to "create" a vacancy at NT level by adding a new Manager to the role and then instantly retiring him, (Ter's rules, not mine).

Additional proof of excellence, (just in case you might think it was too easy).

With the Confederations Cup. (To my knowledge nobody has ever done this).

Win the European Championships. (To my knowledge nobody has ever done this).

Win Serie A with a completely Home Grown side. (Nobody has ever done this).

Win the Champions League with a completely Home Grown side. (Nobody has ever done this).

Win Serie A with a comepletely (SMR) side. (Nobody has ever done this).

Win the Champions League with a completely (SMR) side. (Nobody has ever done this).

Win the European U21 Championships.

Win the Olympics. (This is the holy grail for me).

Win the European U19 Championships. (Nobody has ever done this).

Have a HG player win the Ballon d'Or. (Nobody has ever done this).

Have a HG player short-listed for the Ballon d'Or.

Have a HG (SMR) Nationality player short-listed for the Ballon d'Or. (Nobody has ever done this).

Have a HG (SMR) Nationality player short-listed for the Ballon d'Or. (To my knowledge nobody has ever done this).

Additional challenges.

There are loads of sub-challenges that you could incorporate into this challenge. Recently both myself and leon really went to town on getting our Fat GK's to score, but I also think that it lends itself especially well to the Danny Roberts challenge. Something that I don't think anyone has ever tried is incorporating the Youth Academy Challenge into the save, (that's my intention this season), and I will be running a few challenges concurrently, (until it goes boobies up!). Something that should be an absolute no-brainer though is Ackter's Appearance Longevity challenge.

Linked to the Youth Academy Challenge, I also particularly like Neppo's Youth Player project, and something that I spun off from that was the Son in the Game project, (but when your FM offspring are even poorer at football than you are in real life, then no matter how many International Caps you give them, it still becomes a chore).

They are all listed and linked here for you to peruse at your leisure and to see what you might like to add to your game.

My Big Fat GK can score more than your Big Fat GK. (Who's GK can score the most goals).
The Danny Roberts Challenge. (Who can get a player to score 1,000+ career goals).
Youth Academy Challenge. (From non-playable to greatness with no loans or transfers, ever!).
Ackters Appearance Longevity Challenge. (The squad with the most cumulative appearances).
Neppo's Youth Player Project. (Following the individual careers and development of any HG players).
Son in the Game Project. (Lucky enough to get a son in the game? Chart his progress here).

That is not an exhaustive list however, and if there is another challenge that you wish to run alongside this one, then honestly, fill your boots.
How do you set your Game-World up?

Step 1. Select your Nation. (Italy).

Then press "Next - New game overview".

Step2. Ensure that the Italian structure is active down to Serie C and that it is playable.

Step 3. Select Early 2015/16 Pre-Season (25/7/2015)

Step 4. Select "Advanced" as your required database size.

Step 5. Select either Small, Medium or LArge databases from the top. (Please be aware that small is recommended).

Step 6. Go to Divisions - Add - Europe - San Marino - San Marino League. (You will not be able to manage in the San Marino League).

Step 7. Go to Nations - Add - San Marino and then tick all the options.

Press ok.

Step 8. Click "Advanced options".

Step 9. Ensure that "Disable player attribute masking" is un-ticked.

Step 10. Ensure that "Prevent use of the In-Game editor" is ticked.

Click Start Game.

Step 11. Create a Manager Profile called "Holiday Manager" and then whatever additional info you want, (because it doesn't matter). Ignore Appearance, Likes and Social Networks, (there will be time for that later).

Click Choose Team.

Step 12. Select "Start unemployed".

Click "Next - Managerial Style".

Press confirm. (It doesn't matter what you do with that screen so just ignore it).

Click Start Playing.

Step 13. Give the save file a name and press "Save".

Step 14. Go on holiday until 29th June 2016. Check to see if San Marino promoted. Repeat until they are promoted, (remember that you have to check all 3 Serie C leagues).

Step 15. Create a new Manager profile and this time enter the details that you want your in-game Manager to have, (rather than Holiday Manager), and choose to manage either just club or both club and Country.

Step 16. Add your Coaching Badges and past playing experience. Please note that for the purpose of this challenge, even if you have played Semi-Pro and even if you have coaching badges in real life, this is a game rather than reality and you must enter that you have no coaching badges and that your past playing experience is Sunday League Footballer.

It should look like this.

You will then have 15 Coaching attributes points and 21 Mental attribute points that you can distribute how you want.

Click "confirm".

Click "Start Playing".

Step 17. Click on "FM" in the top Manager. Click on "Change Manager". Click "home" in the top left hand corner and then "My Profile" to check that you are looking at Holiday manager. Then click "My Profile" and then "Retire".

Step 18. World domination awaits. Enjoy.

Pre-created save.

If you can't be bothered with all that, (well then this challenge might not be for you), but if you still want to give it a go anyway, then here is a link to download a save that I have created where San Marino have been promoted and all you have to do is ass a new Manager, take charge of San Marino, and then retire Holiday Manager.

For some reason I found it really hard to get San Marino promoted, (by hoidaying of course), so after trying and trying and trying again without success, I sneakily holidayed a 2nd year and..... success.

http://www.storageserver.co.uk/files...Marino.fm.html

My understanding is that this save will be available for 1 month if nobody downloads it, and if someone downloads it then it will be available for a further 3 months each time. As long as people keep downloading it then with any luck it should be here for a little while.

The game start date is 30th June 2017.

As mentioned above, all you have to do is create a new Manager, (with your desired info rather than "Holiday Manager this time), take over either club or both club and country, and then retire Mr Holiday manager and just go and do your stuff.
does anyone have a Serie D database?
Check FM Base, Scout, or Central. I think I've seen one linked there.
http://i.imgur.com/wYz7DhLs.jpg
Hexagon Challenge Conqueror: October 15, 2015

British Steel Conqueror: August 14, 2013
IS IT REALISTIC?
Ive not joined in with these challenges before so thought I'd start here.
I've downloaded a Serie D update along with Claassens San Marino league (which is as accurate as it's going to get!)
I like building up clubs using the youth academy, so I'm determined to to just use Italian and San Marinese players... Could be fun!

However, I can't seem to print screen from with FM... Any ideas?
I've tried using the print screen option and saving as a webpage, but it doesn't seem to work. see attached
Attachments

«This comment has been edited»
Scratch that. Realised that alt+F9 is still working!
This is me taking over
Attachments
where is the serie d download?
where is the serie d download?

There's one available in the Steam Workshop.
I got mine from fmforumonline. It's an Italian site, but it translates well. It include the Eccellenza too, for anyone that wants it
Additional proof of excellence, (just in case you might think it was too easy).

Win Serie A with a completely Home Grown side. (Nobody has ever done this).

Win the Champions League with a completely Home Grown side. (Nobody has ever done this).

Win Serie A with a comepletely (SMR) side. (Nobody has ever done this).

Win the Champions League with a completely (SMR) side. (Nobody has ever done this).

Win the Olympics. (This is the holy grail for me).

Have a HG player win the Ballon d'Or. (Nobody has ever done this).

Have a HG player short-listed for the Ballon d'Or.

Have a HG (SMR) Nationality player short-listed for the Ballon d'Or. (Nobody has ever done this).

Have a HG (SMR) Nationality player short-listed for the Ballon d'Or. (To my knowledge nobody has ever done this).

Additional challenges.

Youth Academy Challenge. (From non-playable to greatness with no loans or transfers, ever!).

Done all of those challenges like in FM 2014. It took like 25+ years, but then it became a little too easy. That was only cause all I had to do is work on improving just my team after I only started to use homegrown players (started in like 2023 or so). Although you just got me my next challenge for me for the Youth Academy Challenge. In the save in 2014 I did it without paying for a single player, but I did get loan people or buy people who were out of contract. Although I feel I like get sacked or never up to the top of Serie A with just homegrown. But it sounds like it would be a fun challenge.

This year I decided to skip it and move on to Iceland league (second favorite team is Starjnan) and trying to get that up to the best division in soccer. Got it to finally crack the top 5 (5 right now), but it's only cause my team is amazing now. Next year I will go back and try that challenge. However, I posted my posts over on FM forum instead of here (didn't know about it at the time). So those challenges can be done. Also I know some other people have completed some as well.
wow nice work
Login to post a comment

Login Register
FM2020 SALE

FM2020 is currently on sale for $47.44 until 19 Nov 2019 00:00:00 ×