Telegram Sam
15 years ago
18 hours ago
Premium
How do you think this shit is going to play out?

Israel look like they're going to launch a ground invasion - not sure what implications that has for Iran-US relations. I'm not 100% clued up on the whole thing but right now Palestine seems like an open air concentration camp. Pretty disgusting really.
Obtuse
15 years ago
3 years ago
According to Franck nobody gives a shit about this but he will talk about his broken cock.

All I am adding at this point.
Sears
13 years ago
7 years ago
Why are they bombing each other in the first place?
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
18 hours ago
Premium
By Sears | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 19:30 PM

Territory, mainly. Israel has taken most of Palestine's and they're not keen on giving it back.
bluemoon.
17 years ago
3 months ago
Premium
Israel are responding entirely disproportionally as per. I expect a ground invasion to take place in the next week or so.
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
By Sears | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 19:30 PM

Because they are wankers.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
18 hours ago
Premium
By Franck | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 19:41 PM

You should become a diplomat.
Obtuse
15 years ago
3 years ago
By duckeggmoon | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 19:40 PM
Israel are responding entirely disproportionally as per. I expect a ground invasion to take place in the next week or so.

30k reservists drafted in to invade a country that has no army. Over 50 people dead in Palestine since Israel started this bombardment from air and sea a few days ago which is terrible for a country that says they can see the colour on a womans scarf on the strip with their guidance systems. It's murder not war really considering Hamas were democratically voted into power against an aggressor nation
Sears
13 years ago
7 years ago
By Obtuse | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 19:43 PM
30k reservists drafted in to invade a country that has no army. Over 50 people dead in Palestine since Israel started this bombardment from air and sea a few days ago which is terrible for a country that says they can see the colour on a womans scarf on the strip with their guidance systems. It's murder not war really considering Hamas were democratically voted into power against an aggressor nation

Why are Hamas firing missiles into Isreal so? Just seems as if Isreal's missiles are more accurate.
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
By Telegram Sam | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 19:42 PM
You should become a diplomat.

It's the truth though.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
18 hours ago
Premium
Don't Israel have an extremely advanced missile defense system? I get the impression that the threat from Hamas and Palestine is exaggerated to fit the US-led narrative that Palestine are the enemy.
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
The type of rockets Hamas are firing are not the ones you shoot down with a missile-defence system.
bluemoon.
17 years ago
3 months ago
Premium
By Obtuse | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 19:43 PM

I think the Israel-Palestine conflict is one of the few times I actually agree with you.

I fail to see how anybody can say that the IDF's response this week has been proportionate or justifiable.
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
I still don't really understand why they made Israel in the first place. Or rather why they made it as big as they did.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
18 hours ago
Premium
By Phoenix Arrow | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 20:22 PM
I still don't really understand why they made Israel in the first place. Or rather why they made it as big as they did.

Jews being greedy and whatnot.

jk. kind of.
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
By Phoenix Arrow | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 20:22 PM

They didn't this was the original plan.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/db/UN_Partition_Plan_For_Palestine_1947.svg/200px-UN_Partition_Plan_For_Palestine_1947.svg.png

Then everyone attacked Israel, who fought back and took stuff so ended up with this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4c/Cia-is-map2.gif/150px-Cia-is-map2.gif

After WW2 there was probably the need for a Jewish State, but I don't think you can argue that Palestinians should be happy that it was there, even if you can see the sense behind it.

I can't see an end to it, neither side want peace on terms that are even remotely acceptable to the other.
Boone
17 years ago
8 years ago
By Franck | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 19:41 PM

Pretty much sums up my opinion on the whole matter.

Hamas wants Israel wiped off the map, along with a lot of Israel's neighbours for that matter and regardless of Israel's actions, peace will never be an option for the arab extremists that live in the Middle East.

On the other hand, Israel's treatment of Gaza has been horrific, having stolen fresh water supplies and building camps that in an awful irony draw comparisons to the German ghetto's during WW2.

What happens in the future I am not so sure, but with Hamas firing Iranian made rockets into Israel and recent reports suggesting that there is unclear evidence that Iran's Nuclear programme is peaceful. I can see shit going down pretty quickly.
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
By Ninja | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 20:46 PM
I can't see an end to it, neither side want peace on terms that are even remotely acceptable to the other.

And this is the very reason why even discussing this subject is utterly futile. At best the discussion devolves into arguing over which side is less worse than the other, at worst you end up with a bunch of fanatical supporters of either side insulting and threatening each other.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
18 hours ago
Premium
By Franck | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 21:14 PM
And this is the very reason why even discussing this subject is utterly futile. At best the discussion devolves into arguing over which side is less worse than the other, at worst you end up with a bunch of fanatical supporters of either side insulting and threatening each other.

It's a fairly major news story at the moment and deserves it's own thread, even if it's just to keep track of developments.
Obtuse
15 years ago
3 years ago
By Franck | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 19:54 PM
The type of rockets Hamas are firing are not the ones you shoot down with a missile-defence system.

Funny. Israel shot down a missile with the Iron Dome defense system yesterday.
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
By Obtuse | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 21:42 PM
Funny. Israel shot down a missile with the Iron Dome defense system yesterday.

Which means what?

I'm on the balance of thing probably Pro-Palestinian but you can't seriously think 'well it's okay for Hamas to shot missiles at Israel, because they're not going to do much damage' and then seriously expect Israel not to react. It's still an act of aggression.
Obtuse
15 years ago
3 years ago
By Sears | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 19:47 PM
Why are Hamas firing missiles into Isreal so? Just seems as if Isreal's missiles are more accurate.

Reaction to being imprisoned in a modern day Auschwitz for decades while facing assaults from a major military force intent on genocide. That on top of restricted aid and refusal to let the people use their own land and waters to live.

What is alarming is that Hamas are basically created by Israel due to the aggression shown to the people. They are democratically voted in and the people feel safe under them yet the US and The West fund the attacks on them. How would they react if the shoe was on the other foot?
chokosc
14 years ago
1 month ago
By Franck | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 19:54 PM

Those are exactly the sort of missiles we are shooting down daily. Many were already taken down.

We went in and attacked because that is the only way to stop them from firing missiles at us. Last time we went in and did what we did it worked, until they started firing a mass amount of missiles at us. We don't usually attack them but when we do we do it well and we do what has to be done. We kill the people from the Hamas, we destroy ammo supplies. Sadly, they keep putting the innocent on top of those places.

Hundreds of missiles have been fired at us every day for a good while now, so yes, we do have the right to defend ourselves. We have people that get killed, just a lot less because we are ready for these kind of things.

Most of us see this from only one point of view. Being an Israeli, it is hard for me to defend Palestine, especially when I keep hearing about missile attacks. So why don't you guys try and look at it from different perspectives? Both sides are suffering but if the Hamas kept quite, none of this would have happened.
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
Obtuse and chokosc shitstorm incoming.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
18 hours ago
Premium
By Ninja | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 21:51 PM
Obtuse and chokosc shitstorm incoming.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/popcorn_yes.gif
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
I guess then either the rockets Hamas are firing are a whole lot larger than I picture them or the Israeli missile-defence system is a whole lot more advanced than anything that was around a few years ago was.

By chokosc | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 21:49 PM
Both sides are suffering but if the Hamas kept quite, none of this would have happened.

I hope you realise that'll only set you up for a nearly endless circular argument where both sides go "we only did X because you did Y!" until they get as far back as 1947, and I suspect both parties would find ways to keep the argument going even further.
chokosc
14 years ago
1 month ago
By Franck | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 21:54 PM
I guess then either the rockets Hamas are firing are a whole lot larger than I picture them or the Israeli missile-defence system is a whole lot more advanced than anything that was around a few years ago was.

It is very advanced. Fairly new as well. Can't exactly tell you when the first ones were put down but today a fifth was given to the IDF. Basically the computer sees the rocket, calculates its path and launches two rockets to blow it up (obviously, only one for blowing it up and the other to make sure they don't miss). Today 4 missiles were shot down using it.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
18 hours ago
Premium
Do you live in Israel?
chokosc
14 years ago
1 month ago
By Telegram Sam | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 22:01 PM
Do you live in Israel?

Yup, why?
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
18 hours ago
Premium
By chokosc | Permalink | On 17 November 2012 - 22:01 PM
Yup, why?

Just curious. Things must be pretty frantic over there right now?

You'll need to Login to comment