Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
So, looks like there's going to be an awfully large shuffling of managerial staff over the next 6-7 months at the top clubs starting with Pep leaving Bayern.

Ancelotti looks set to replace him (or does he?) and his availability will put United, City and Chelsea on alert. With City reportedly the favourites to get him. Chelsea will shaft Mourinho sooner or later (or will they?) leaving him as a consolation prize to whichever of the Manchester clubs doesn't get Pep? (who am I kidding we're going to appoint Giggs). Benitez will be out of work by the summer leaving Madrid looking for a new manager again, having burnt through everyone available already will they go for Zidane? Or might Pellegrini be tempted to go back?

Of course, now I've started this thread nothing will happen.
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
I'm taking credit for getting Mourinho sacked.
Franck
17 years ago
2 days ago
Pep is going to go to City and Ancelotti will replace him at Bayern. No idea who will end up getting the permanent job at Chelsea, but Brendan Rodgers would be fucking hilarious.

Zidane is Real Madrid's man in the long run, but they will probably appoint another lame duck to keep the seat warm while he gets more experience.

I'd love to see Mourinho in charge of Roma. Never going to happen though, best they could hope for is Spalletti coming back, though I'd put my money on Mazzarri getting the job and just fucking everything up.

Mourinho will probably end up taking a sabbatical, unless he really fancies the PSG job.

United will keep Van Gaal for a third year, then they'll appoint Giggs as his successor, just to make everything even worse.
Franck
17 years ago
2 days ago
On second thought, if PSG do decide to hire Mourinho, any chance of Blanc going to United?
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
I doubt Van Gaal will stay beyond the end of the season.

I'm not even sure he'll make it till then.
Jonas
17 years ago
4 years ago
Premium
Mourinho to return to Inter and win the Champions League again.
Franck
17 years ago
2 days ago
Mourinho's supposedly turned down an offer from Roma already.
Sam
17 years ago
1 year ago
Pep's leaving is officially confirmed, as is Ancelotti to Bayern. 3 year deal.
K3V0
15 years ago
1 year ago
Pep's leaving is officially confirmed, as is Ancelotti to Bayern. 3 year deal.

Pep off to City then I'd assume.
Sam
17 years ago
1 year ago
Pep off to City then I'd assume.

Looks likely. More annoying because in the past he said he'd love to manage United one day.

If he becomes City manager that'll never happen.
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
So looks like the only questions left to answer are who will be our manager.

Rest seems open and shut.
Sam
17 years ago
1 year ago
Probably Giggs.
Poe
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
Based Jorge
10 years ago
3 years ago
City: Pep
United: Mourinho
Chelsea: Simeone
Liverpool: Klopp
Arsenal: Zombie Wenger forever
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
I want Mourinho over Giggs.

But I think either appointment basically sums up the muddled thinking of the post Fergie thinking at the club.

The Platypus
13 years ago
1 year ago
I want Mourinho over Giggs.

But I think either appointment basically sums up the muddled thinking of the post Fergie thinking at the club.

Who would you want?
Sam
17 years ago
1 year ago
Appointing Giggs as our new manager would be an horrendous decision. No managerial experience at all. The club cannot afford to take another huge gamble after what happened with Moyes.

Despite my reservations about Mourinho if I had to choose between the two I'd definitely take him over Giggs.

I'd rather we get Pep but that won't be happening. Giggs could be a United manager in the future, but he's needs to gain experience.
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago

Ideally Guardiola, but I think we all know its not going to happen.

What I want to see is ideological consistency within the club. We appointed Van Gaal after Moyes, and therefore invested in a manager who was going to get us playing football in a certain way. Guardiola is undoubtedly a better manager, but he wouldn't need to rip things up and start again, the clubs already going towards a way of playing that is similar to his teams.

We appoint Mourinho and thats not true, as verse said in the other thread we've got a lot of players that don't really suit him. The £40m on Mata's down the pan for starters.

There's just no real consistency to what we do. We sort of lurch from one half-baked idea to another, be it the 'next Ferguson' in Moyes and his six year contract because he's from Glasgow, to whatever we were trying to do with van Gaal.

I don't think the club realises what its doing at the boardroom level and has basically only ever done half the job. When Ferguson retired we didn't need to just replace the manager, we needed to replace the man who had complete and sole responsibility for the clubs 'vision' for 25 years and was responsible for basically every single football related decision the club made. Instead, we've appointed two men, one who was completely out of his depth based on a whim (which is what we'll do with Giggs if we appoint him) and another who is a short term manager who we've actually been quite lucky with in a lot of ways, because he's done a lot of things with the future in mind which he didn't and doesn't need to do.

The guy in charge of making long-term footballing decisions is now an accountant with no background in football and it shows, because we've been amateurs behind the scenes. Compare it to, bleurgh, City, who have got a professional, knowledgeable behind the scenes team and its night and day.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take Mourinho, but if its only Mourinho which is undoubtedly will be, we'll carrying on mis-stepping.

We're basically basing everything on finding the next Ferguson and then finding, unsurprisingly to everyone outside the club, that that person doesn't exist.
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
Guardiola would fail at United imo
Sam
17 years ago
1 year ago
The Sun going all out on Mourinho joining United.

Doesn't look like anything is going to be announced today, but of course that could all change.
The Platypus
13 years ago
1 year ago
Mourinho will fuck us right in the arse, for years to come.
Shola
15 years ago
5 years ago
Are Man City that well run? They seem to have been going through the motions, and have seemingly stuck by a manager for two years just to wit for another. And a lot of there signings seem to have just not worked.
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
Are Man City that well run? They seem to have been going through the motions, and have seemingly stuck by a manager for two years just to wit for another. And a lot of there signings seem to have just not worked.

Yeah they've had their mis-steps, but there seems to be a general consistency to what they do. Be it the Etihad Campus or the pursuit for Pep they seem to have a grasp of how they want to achieve it, not just what they want to achieve.

We don't have that, our secret to success is to give the manager full control, because thats what Fergie had, which leads to huge instability when every new manage tears it up to start again.

That said, we've never done anything as stupid as buy Mangala for £42m so there's that I suppose.
Sam
17 years ago
1 year ago
Another day, another rumour of an announcement from United today. New sponsor probably.

Good article on Mourinho for anyone who's interested. Long read.
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
Twitter's going absolutely ballistic with rumours LVG's been sacked despite the fact that absolutely no one of note has said anything. Never seen anything like it.
Eric Portapotty
14 years ago
1 week ago
Twitter's going absolutely ballistic with rumours LVG's been sacked despite the fact that absolutely no one of note has said anything. Never seen anything like it.

The end of Rodgers' time was something similar imo, it might have been baseless rumours but when his job was virtually untenable it was only a matter of time.
Sam
17 years ago
1 year ago

Even Trevor Sinclair was joining in.

The only one of note is Jan Aage Fjortoft, who said there is a lot of activity at United. The deafening silence from the club is very telling.

Woodward's meeting ended up being unrelated too.
Sam
17 years ago
1 year ago
Benitez on the verge of the sack apparently. Bet Mourinho goes to Real.

Also, Bild report Arsenal are in talks with Pep.
Based Jorge
10 years ago
3 years ago
Still think Pep will end up at City regardless. The ideal situation for me is Wenger winning the League then letting Pep take over, but I can't see it happening. Especially with half of the Barca board at City.

Maybe if Pep extended his contract by a year or stated he was taking a year sabbatical it may happen but I think Wenger reckons he still has a little bit more to offer.
VP.
13 years ago
1 week ago
Must admit i've always thought Pep would end up at us ahead of any other side, though it makes no sense atm as can't see Wenger stepping down anytime soon and i certainly don't believe any move to us would be announced whilst Wenger is still there.

You'll need to Login to comment