Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
Now, I'm more of a pool fan than snooker but due to a friend's love of this game I've started to grow some appreciation for it. At least the big competitions, like the Worldies.

I doubt anyone here is interested in snooker too, but I thought I'd give it a try with this thread anyways.

Defending champion Bingham already out in a crazy game against Ali Carter. When Bingham pulled from 5-8 behind to lead 9-8 I thought it was all over, great mental strength from Carter to win the remaining frames. The curse lives on.

Ronnie on shortly...
Vercoe
11 years ago
3 years ago
I love watching snooker, especially O'Sullivan because he's pure box office and he knows it, but I know fuck all about it, know the basic rules and that but only really started watching it properly in the last couple of months.

Watching bits and pieces here and there.
bmg033
10 years ago
5 months ago
Murphy is out in the first round too.
Poe
17 years ago
3 days ago
Big fan of playing and watching actually tbf
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
You all surprise me, for once in a good way

Feel sorry for Gilbert, has played well but Ronnie is just too good.
SpinSwimScream
14 years ago
2 days ago
Was a huge fan years ago but kind of drifted away from watching it. Still play regularly though. I still stick it on occasionally but havent caught any of it this year
bmg033
10 years ago
5 months ago
Mark Allen is getting thrashed by Kyren Wilson, 7-0 so far.
Vercoe
11 years ago
3 years ago
The Rocket not having a good time of it in the second round; currently down 7-5 (about to be 8-5) to Barry Hawkins.
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
Well Ronnie did seem more interested in doing his nails!

Happy to see Ding playing well, though I imagine there are a few at the bar hoping for another Trump comeback!
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
Well, my favourite for the tournament is out (Williams). Thrashed by Ding, who I guess now has my favour for the title!

Was hoping Wilson could knock out Selby, but alas not. Nice 143 though!
bmg033
10 years ago
5 months ago
I hate watching Ding play, took over 4 minutes to play a single shot earlier which he almost missed and he gets the cue ball cleaned every 5 seconds. Just get on with it.
Vercoe
11 years ago
3 years ago
Poor old Ding is clearly feeling the pressure here. The announcer said before he came on that he has the hopes and expectations of an entire nation watching back home; way to help the nerves!
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
Finally got a frame on the board though!
Vercoe
11 years ago
3 years ago
Could have a second here.
Vercoe
11 years ago
3 years ago
Selby one frame away but Ding has won the last three...
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
Selby one frame away but Ding has won the last three...

Pretty sure it's the first to 18, so Selby still needs two as I write this

Hoping Ding can pull this out!
Vercoe
11 years ago
3 years ago
Of course, best of 35! Duh!
Vercoe
11 years ago
3 years ago
NOW Selby is one frame away
Vercoe
11 years ago
3 years ago
There it is. So unlucky for Ding.
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
Boo Selby Must be the easiest draw in a tournament for him. Didn't play anyone major and everyone he played had a big game before they played him. Ah well, guess it's just that Leicester effect!
Vercoe
11 years ago
3 years ago
He made hard work of beating Fu in the semi and Ding in the final too; both had a lot of scrappy frames.

You'll need to Login to comment