Parker26
9 years ago
2 weeks ago
Premium
http://www.newstalk.com/content/000/images/000138/142263_54_news_hub_130815_656x500.jpghttp://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/556/696/hi-res-b63cba55fe55f8b427e44a3d80b00ffc_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

I have been thinking for a while of a save which isn't painfully difficult but will also be quite exciting. I haven't really thought of a name yet, and I'm not sure if anyone has already done something like this but the general peripherals are you chose any footballer who, preferably is older or retired, and try and relive their career, but as a manager. For example:

https://sortitoutsi.net/uploads/mirrored_images/oCWM4etwvnXwQVBvjXM7xYhDJpSMtKSb6h2x7fFY.png

These are Nemanja Vidic's past clubs. He began at Red Star, then moving to Spartak Moscow, then obviously to Manchester United, and finally Inter, where he retired. (You don't have to include the loan clubs unless you really want to) So, if I were to do this, I would create the manager, as Nemanja Vidic, and then take over one of the clubs, but ideally you'd want to start at Red Star if you want to 'relive' his career, however it isn't crucial. Then, you should aim to win a competition in the country or even a continental competition before moving on to his next club, Spartak Moscow, and so on. Here are the rules:

Easy: A more relaxed approach. You take over any of the clubs and move on when and where you feel like. Winning the cups or league titles is not necessarily a priority.

Medium: A slight increase in difficulty. You start at their first club and try and win the league there, or at least a cup before moving on, however the order after that is not really relevant.

Hard: Quite a difficult scenario. You have to follow the order of the clubs that the particular player played for and win the league at each before moving on. You may also want to replicate the time they were there and set a target of winning the league a certain amount of times in that particular time scale (for example: Vidic played at Red Star for 4 years, so you may set yourself a target of winning the league and cup a certain amount of times in 4 years before moving on)

Here are a few suggestions for this challenge: Zlatan Ibrahimovic, as he has played at many top clubs, but started off lower down. Nicolas Anelka, who has been around the big clubs like Zlatan, however did take, what would be considered nowadays, a step down to teams like Bolton, Fenerbahce, West Brom and most notably, Mumbai. Finally, if you fancy a long, trip around the globe, try Lutz Pfannenstiel. The German has been everywhere. From lower league in Germany, to England to Finland, to South Africa, to New Zealand, to Canada and finally to Namibia. Maybe you'd be better off not trying to replicate him whilst following the 'harder rules' and maybe just enjoy going from place to place, to teams you have never heard of before.

Finally, I appreciate that this save may become stale or frustrating easily, especially if you are trying to stick to the time scale, but the job you need isn't becoming available, so what I'd recommend doing is enabling the in game editor, and then once you feel you should move on, just use the editor and move yourself there. I know this isn't the greatest option, as not everyone has it, but it is the only way around it from what I can think of.

Anyway, thanks for reading, please leave any suggestions for improvements or additions to the rules system, and let me know if you give this a go

You'll need to Login to comment