Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
Anyone watched any of these glory friendlies?

So far the only game to be played and finished is Man United's thrashing against Dortmund in the China group.

Currently Juventus are leading Melbourne Victory with a wonder goal from half way in the Australia group.
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
No one following this then? Plenty of drama. Mourinho cancelled his press conference yesterday as the press room was overcrowded and topping 40 degrees, eventually had a make-do press conference on the pitch.

Now, they've cancelled the Manchester Derby game that was meant to happen today. United say the officials cancelled it due to the state of the pitch and imminent bad weather. Ssn say that they've spoken to the officials and they wanted the game to ahead but the Manchester teams colluded and said the pitch was not good enough for then to play on. Sky reporter there was pitch side, and whilst it made the pitch at Bloomfield look luxurious, it was still playable and the excuse of rain was practically laughable.
BA81
8 years ago
1 week ago
Anyone watched any of these glory friendlies?

So far the only game to be played and finished is Man United's thrashing against Dortmund in the China group.

Currently Juventus are leading Melbourne Victory with a wonder goal from half way in the Australia group.
We won in the end That 16yo kid Sebastian Pasquali definitely has potential for us but knowing Kevin Muscat(yes, that talentless mug is our gaffer sadly) he won't get any senior minutes in the A-League proper .
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
No one following this then? Plenty of drama. Mourinho cancelled his press conference yesterday as the press room was overcrowded and topping 40 degrees, eventually had a make-do press conference on the pitch.

Now, they've cancelled the Manchester Derby game that was meant to happen today. United say the officials cancelled it due to the state of the pitch and imminent bad weather. Ssn say that they've spoken to the officials and they wanted the game to ahead but the Manchester teams colluded and said the pitch was not good enough for then to play on. Sky reporter there was pitch side, and whilst it made the pitch at Bloomfield look luxurious, it was still playable and the excuse of rain was practically laughable.

'Playable'

I wouldn't want an under 11 team playing on that, let alone multi-million pound footballers playing a meaningless pre-season friendly.
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
They play on worse in cup games.
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
They play on worse in cup games.

There's videos of it as well. I've never seen us play on a worse pitch (and if the Dortmund game is anything to go on it will start cutting up from the first kick) .

Besides, there's an obvious difference between unavoidable obligations of a cup game and avoidable fixtures on an unfit pitch in China. Our pre-season schedule is short anyway (Mourinho reportedly forced the club to tack on the game against Wigan because he thought it was really bad) so I can't imagine anyones delighted about this.
bmg033
10 years ago
5 months ago
We've got Juve tomorrow and then Atletico Madrid in a few days in this thing.
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
British teams getting a drubbing in this!
BR.
17 years ago
2 years ago
Shame some of these games are in the middle of the night, wouldn't have minded watching Liverpool-Milan and especially Leicester-PSG. I'm sure there'll be plenty of other chances to see Leicester against Europe's elite this season though!
Shedender
17 years ago
1 month ago
The only game I've watched was Bayern/Inter and even then I didn't watch it all - wanted to watch Man City/Dortmund but was working.
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
Shame some of these games are in the middle of the night, wouldn't have minded watching Liverpool-Milan and especially Leicester-PSG. I'm sure there'll be plenty of other chances to see Leicester against Europe's elite this season though!

Leicester v Barcelona kicks off 7pm BST tonight!
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
Lierpool thrashed Barcelona 4-0!

Is there a winner of an actual cup in this then?
Shedender
17 years ago
1 month ago
Is there a winner of an actual cup in this then?

Aye, PSG ended up winning it with one game in the competition remaining - Inter (bottom) vs. Celtic (second bottom) which is played next Saturday. If Barcelona had beaten Liverpool by four clear goals (think that's what I heard) then they would've ended up winning it instead of the French side.

You'll need to Login to comment