rafaruggi
11 years ago
10 years ago
Ok, I always heard passing and tempo are linked. Short passing works better with lower tempo, direct passing works better with higher tempo. But really, is it impossible to make the opposite work? Really technical teams are able to exchange short passes at a high tempo, confusing the defenders. Does it work on the ME? Should I try?
giova2k9
14 years ago
6 years ago
Well, real life Barcelona is the best example of what you're saying...they can play short passes at any tempo they want to; however, I think there's something in reality that we can't simulate in FM, or at least I don't know how, and that is is short direct passes; if you watch Barcelona you'll see that when they want to high their tempo they start playing first touch passes, which in FM are direct passes, but they can play it short, making quick one-twos in midfield or outside the opposition box to get rid of the opposing defenders, then someone runs into the box exploiting the space they've created and his run gets picked by a through ball to put him in front of the keeper.

I'm not sure on how to do this in FM because high tempo with direct passes doesn't regularly lead to this kind of play, I've seen it replicated in some of my team moves but not on a regular basis.
Miguel Alves
11 years ago
1 day ago
Try to instruct players not to run with ball and pass into feet

You'll need to Login to comment