Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
Everyone's favourite European trophy has also been drawn. The British and Irish fixtures in the first qualifying round look like this:

Odd BK v Ballymena Utd
Crusaders v FK Liepaja
FK Haugesund v Coleraine
FC Midtjylland v Derry City
Stjarnan v Shamrock Rovers
Levadia Tallinn v Cork City
St Johnstone v Trakai
Bala Town v Vaduz
Connah's Quay Nomads v HJK Helsinki
Rangers v Progrès Niederkorn
Lyngby v Bangor City

With arguably Derry City getting the toughest of the draws there. Hopefully a few will progress!
chokosc
14 years ago
3 weeks ago
Hope the Israeli teams can actually surprise me this year.
Shedender
17 years ago
1 month ago
Tough draw for both Ballymena and Coleraine but I'm quietly confident Crusaders can progress if they can win @ Seaview.

Rangers shouldn't on paper have any problems progressing against, well, Progres.
Based Jorge
10 years ago
4 years ago
hello darkness my old friend
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
Tough draw for both Ballymena and Coleraine but I'm quietly confident Crusaders can progress if they can win @ Seaview.

Rangers shouldn't on paper have any problems progressing against, well, Progres.

A mixed bag of first leg results. Some big wins for the British teams, but equally some even bigger loses.

Crusaders did manage an impressive 3-1 victory. Ballymena humped 3-0 away and Coleraine conceded 7 away from home! Don't see either turning those scores around at home.

Rangers only just managed to sneak a win too!
Shedender
17 years ago
1 month ago
Coleraine were without their first choice 'keeper for last night's game.
DNZY
15 years ago
1 week ago
Premium
Great wins for Cork and Shamrock Rovers away from home, shame Derry were well beaten but then again it's a very good team in Midtjylland.
DNZY
15 years ago
1 week ago
Premium
Rangers knocked out by Luxembourg's Progres Niederkorn...who lost their first choice keeper after 32 minutes. Jesus.
Shedender
17 years ago
1 month ago
An absolutely embarrassing result, not just for Rangers but for Scottish Football as a whole.
DNZY
15 years ago
1 week ago
Premium
An absolutely embarrassing result, not just for Rangers but for Scottish Football as a whole.

I don't know, it's hard to top this.

https://sortitoutsi.net/uploads/mirrored_images/b7F1c9VdkHPcjHX5tQYw67cziDOe6JYJhn13j5A2.png
Jan.
17 years ago
1 month ago
Premium
I don't know, it's hard to top this.

https://sortitoutsi.net/uploads/mirrored_images/b7F1c9VdkHPcjHX5tQYw67cziDOe6JYJhn13j5A2.png

Pretty sure we still went through.

Fucking immense, put a 10er on them to score a second aswell, easy 95 quid back.
gfnx25
12 years ago
6 years ago
Rangers knocked out by Luxembourg's Progres Niederkorn...who lost their first choice keeper after 32 minutes. Jesus.

Had the great displeasure of watching both of those games. Made non-league football look like something Johan Cruyff invented.

I seriously don't know what is wrong with that team? I know they signed a ton of random foreigners from Mexico and Portugal, who might need so time to settle, but seriously the Luexmbourg units are part-timers (I believe) and they should have beaten them easily over two ties
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
They'd previously scored 1 goal in 13 fixtures in Europe, but manage to put two past Rangers in 10 minutes!

Much worse than the Celtic result against the Lincoln Red Imps, at least they turned it around to progress, as it were.

Just shows how tricky these little teams can be to go and play at theirs, as we see occasionally in the FA Cup. The game being at the start of pre-season surely doesn't help the professional teams either. There should be no excuses though.

I see plenty more British teams falling after the first legs!
BR.
17 years ago
2 years ago
Know very little about this current Rangers team but I get the impression that Caixinha is a dud.
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
Aberdeen v Apollon Limassol and Everton v Ruzomberok are the British teams for tonight.
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
Everton game tonight live on ITV4 btw for UK members.
VP.
13 years ago
4 weeks ago
Everton game tonight live on ITV4 btw for UK members.

What an absolute load of shite it was.
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
What an absolute load of shite it was.

Second leg is also on ITV4 tonight, God I hope it's a better game!
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
Wasn't an improvement!

Everton through though, shame Aberdeen fell apart and couldn't do enough to join them in tomorrow's draw.
VP.
13 years ago
4 weeks ago
Draws at 12pm so we can see who Everton will bore us to death against in the next round.

Only realised today that the final is in Lyon (still think of us being in the CL ffs), surely that means we'll make the final and Lacazette will grab a hat-trick to win us the trophy at his old club...
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
Everton v Hajduk Split, the Croatians.
GreenFront
6 years ago
3 years ago
Wait for Ludogorets Uefa Europa League ! I hope we can achieve something in Europa League this season its not that difficult draw FC Suduva
gfnx25
12 years ago
6 years ago
Everton making seemingly light work of Hajduk tonight it seems. Thought this would be more of a struggle tbh
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
Everton making seemingly light work of Hajduk tonight it seems. Thought this would be more of a struggle tbh

They were definitely much better than in the earlier round. As the game was getting close to an end Hajduk definitely grew into it and were creating some good chances. Everton could easily have had double the amount they scored, though.

The Hajduk fans went from being really good and creating an atmosphere then all of a sudden they started in-fighting, ripping up chairs, kicking down advertising boards and trying to rush the stewards and police to get on the pitch. Mental.
Grimnir
16 years ago
3 months ago
Second leg, here we go. Live on ITV4 for those in the UK. Everton are playing in an ugly kit though.

Gylfi gets his debut!
Jonas
17 years ago
4 years ago
Premium
We just beat last year's finalists Ajax for fucking hell fucks sake!!! \o/

Dan
13 years ago
5 months ago
Final groups
Europa League group stage draw
Group A: Villarreal, Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Astana, Slavia Prague

Group B: Dynamo Kiev, Young Boys, Partizan Belgrade, Skenderbeu

Group C: Braga, Ludogorets, Hoffenheim, Istanbul Basaksehir

Group D: AC Milan, Austria Vienna, NK Rijeka, AEK Athens

Group E: Lyon, Everton,Atalanta, Apollon Limassol

Group F: FC Copenhagen, Lokomotiv Moscow, Sheriff Tiraspol, FC Zlin

Group G: Viktoria Plzen, Steaua Bucharest, Hapoel Beer-Sheva, FC Lugano

Group H: Arsenal,BATE Borisov, Cologne, Red Star Belgrade

Group I: Salzburg, Marseille, Vitoria Guimaraes, Konyaspor

Group J: Athletic Bilbao, Hertha Berlin, Zorya Luhansk, Ostersunds

Group K: Lazio, Nice, Zulte Waregem, Vitesse Arnhem.

Group L: Zenit, Real Sociedad, Rosenborg, Vardar Skopje
VP.
13 years ago
4 weeks ago

VP.
13 years ago
4 weeks ago

You'll need to Login to comment