Feed
Football Manager 2020 is available to Play Now! Buy now, play instantly. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM20? We have the worlds biggest FM2020 Data Update. 1 minute ago
A new version of our data update was released with 31283 changes from 124 contributors.
2 minutes ago
HRiddick commented on: Cut-Out Regen Megapack - Home thread
4 minutes ago
StuartNG commented on: Retain Players File
5 minutes ago
Ivs commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
19 minutes ago
bakizp commented on: Argentina - Superliga 3D'2020 for FM20 New! (11/02/20)
24 minutes ago
hammer9 commented on: Standard Fantasy/Request Logo only (NO PACKS) Thread
33 minutes ago
Barkermush commented on: Fixtures generator
37 minutes ago
jbz added a download: Retain Players File
41 minutes ago
RT7 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
41 minutes ago
RT7 added a download: SK Brann Teampack
57 minutes ago
treva commented on: Finishing the 2019/20 Season
58 minutes ago
cruyff14 commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
1 hour ago
Salemslot333 commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
1 hour ago
Salemslot333 commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
1 hour ago
A new version of our data update was released with 31238 changes from 124 contributors.
1 hour ago
WKTHFC commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
1 hour ago
Mustang13297 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
1 hour ago
WKTHFC commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
1 hour ago
hammer9 commented on: COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak
1 hour ago
hammer9 commented on: Argentina - Superliga 3D'2020 for FM20 New! (11/02/20)
1 hour ago
hammer9 commented on: SS 19/20 WIP Thread New! (updated - 02/04/20)
1 hour ago
ygeshev commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
2 hours ago
RT7 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
2 hours ago
RT7 added a download: FK Astana Teampack
2 hours ago
BigBadBaerni completed a season in their Football Manager career: Journeyman 2020
2 hours ago
mons commented on: FM 2020 facepack and Logo won't work.
2 hours ago
Fakidimi commented on: FM 2020 facepack and Logo won't work.
2 hours ago
Tiago Mota Da Cruz commented on: Club Banners & Adboards for FM20
2 hours ago
RoCCo_42 commented on: FM20 Data Tweaks v2.9 [31/03/2020]
3 hours ago
Pietras commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
Discussion
yeah guys...i have a problem with the mega pack ....their is always an error when i try to unpack the pack 8.0..something with part 2...kann somebody help me?

I'll need more info. The exact message please, and what method are you using to download it?
hello i have question is Barcelona facepack made for season 15/16? i dont know why but when i launch game without megapack install there was new faces when i unzip megapack they gone what to do?
hello i have question is Barcelona facepack made for season 15/16? i dont know why but when i launch game without megapack install there was new faces when i unzip megapack they gone what to do?

FC Barcelona is the only Spanish team without default SI images, according to the resource archiver tool, so I'm not sure where you're getting the images from...
hi guys

I'm trying to do downloaded the last patch via Dfiles after the timer it does nothing and i cannot download?

any clues
hi guys

I'm trying to do downloaded the last patch via Dfiles after the timer it does nothing and i cannot download?

any clues

Could be a dfiles issue? Can you leave it for a day or so and try again? Get back to us if the issue isn't solved by then...
Could be a dfiles issue? Can you leave it for a day or so and try again? Get back to us if the issue isn't solved by then...

hi guys,

I've tried again and still nothing,

either when i click regular it just doesn't recognise I've clicked it or the time runs down and nothing downloads. still cannot download.
Can anybody help as to why this cut looks like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://s33.postimg.org/qij0bgk4r/2006037.png

http://s33.postimg.org/y9crdb5d7/Screen_Shot_2016_06_02_at_10_40_40.jpg

The cut wasn't from this site, but I just want to see if I can get some answers.
hi guys,

I've tried again and still nothing,

either when i click regular it just doesn't recognise I've clicked it or the time runs down and nothing downloads. still cannot download.

Looks like it's an issue with the site as I get it too.

Rob, the site owner and administrator is currently away on holiday, so I don't really know how to contact the site to check. In the meantime, feel free to use this link to download the pack

Can anybody help as to why this cut looks like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://s33.postimg.org/qij0bgk4r/2006037.png

http://s33.postimg.org/y9crdb5d7/Screen_Shot_2016_06_02_at_10_40_40.jpg

The cut wasn't from this site, but I just want to see if I can get some answers.

I don't have the slightest idea, I don't recall ever coming across something like that. Could be due to the file properties perhaps.

Tbh, I'm not sure why you'd use that image when there's a much better cut in our megapack...
Looks like it's an issue with the site as I get it too.

Rob, the site owner and administrator is currently away on holiday, so I don't really know how to contact the site to check. In the meantime, feel free to use this link to download the pack

thanks but do you have a link for the icons as well?

«This comment has been edited»
thanks but do you have a link for the icons as well?

Sure, download the attached file
Can't download the big .rar cut out faces megapack? Download always slows down to a crawl, stops, and says "network error"

Ethernet, not WiFi btw.

Can't download the big .rar cut out faces megapack? Download always slows down to a crawl, stops, and says "network error"

Ethernet, not WiFi btw.

How long have you been trying and at what point does it stop please?
How long have you been trying and at what point does it stop please?

No idea. Doesn't get further than a GB in, if even. It starts off downloading then it slows down eventually stopping. Current download managed .1 of a GB before it stopped and now not even showing an ETA. Do you have a torrent link to this instead?

No idea. Doesn't get further than a GB in, if even. The problem seems to be the download being so slow it fails... Or something. I'm not quite sure. Do you have a torrent link to this instead?

Scroll down on this page and click on the torrents tab, then download the 8.00 file. To be fully up-to-date, then download the 8.01 to 8.06 update packs separately and install them in chronological order.
Scroll down on this page and click on the torrents tab, then download the 8.00 file. To be fully up-to-date, then download the 8.01 to 8.06 update packs separately and install them in chronological order.

God bless.
Does anyone know how to 'overwrite' the default or licensed player faces that are already in the game?

I've downloaded all the facepacks however it doesnt replace players default/licensed pics to that of what I have downloaded.

Also i dont know if this annoys anyone else but when players move after the january transfer update they just no picture.

Anyone got an answer to this or able to help? Would be much appreciated!

@Mike Coll , have a look at this post and, if necessary, skim through the rest of thread. Even though the steps outlined are for FM13, following them may help address your question.

I'm not sure what you mean by "when players move after the january transfer update they just no picture". The default SI image should still be displayed even though they are not at the club the image was taken at, if that's what you mean. If not, then you may not have installed your chosen facepack correctly.
@Mike Coll , have a look at this post and, if necessary, skim through the rest of thread. Even though the steps outlined are for FM13, following them may help address your question.

I'm not sure what you mean by "when players move after the january transfer update they just no picture". The default SI image should still be displayed even though they are not at the club the image was taken at, if that's what you mean. If not, then you may not have installed your chosen facepack correctly.

thanks very much and i will have a look at that post

What i mean is Charlie Austin is an example as prior to him moving in january, i downloaded a facepack, player picture showed as per normal but when he moved to southampton, he has the blacked out face?
thanks very much and i will have a look at that post

What i mean is Charlie Austin is an example as prior to him moving in january, i downloaded a facepack, player picture showed as per normal but when he moved to southampton, he has the blacked out face?

Which facepack are you using, out of curiosity? Whichever one it is, what you are saying should definitely not happen. Either you have installed the files incorrectly or you have installed conflicting facepacks.

Entries in the FM database are bound to a Unique ID number (UID) and each custom graphic download should have a file named config.xml assigning filenames to separate UIDs. The UID is fixed, so whichever club a person is at should not affect the game's capacity to "read" the config.xml and assign the correct image to the correct person.
Which facepack are you using, out of curiosity? Whichever one it is, what you are saying should definitely not happen. Either you have installed the files incorrectly or you have installed conflicting facepacks.

Entries in the FM database are bound to a Unique ID number (UID) and each custom graphic download should have a file named config.xml assigning filenames to separate UIDs. The UID is fixed, so whichever club a person is at should not affect the game's capacity to "read" the config.xml and assign the correct image to the correct person.

Im using the latest one (8.0?) and then include all the updates up until the latest one.

I've checked what you said about it connecting to their unique ID number and after viewing that video you gave me the link to i think, without testing it, why it isnt working.

You mentioned about how it doesnt effect this which isnt the case but i think its to do with players who have licensed pictures that are already in the game where this happens, well how it happens for me anyway!

Im just pretty OCD and hate that some players dont have pictures and some do!

Thanks for your help with all of this!
Im using the latest one (8.0?) and then include all the updates up until the latest one.

I've checked what you said about it connecting to their unique ID number and after viewing that video you gave me the link to i think, without testing it, why it isnt working.

You mentioned about how it doesnt effect this which isnt the case but i think its to do with players who have licensed pictures that are already in the game where this happens, well how it happens for me anyway!

Im just pretty OCD and hate that some players dont have pictures and some do!

Thanks for your help with all of this!

Having mentioned that you're using the cutout faces megapack, I suspect that it's an installation issue. You should have one folder and one folder only, with all 170k+ images in there plus a config file. It should be located anywhere within Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager / graphics. Anywhere else and you may have issues.

Can you confirm that the above are both correct in your case and that there are no sub-folders contained within the megapack folder? Perhaps upload a screenshot? Also, Charlie Austin apart, can you mention some more players who have this issue? I may be able to detect a common denominator and perhaps locate the issue.

As you can see in the view cutouts tab here, the last Charlie Austin cutout was added in 7.06, which is roughly a year ago. Him having moved clubs in January should therefore have nothing to do with whether his image appears or not in the game. I only mentioned the date to exclude the possibility that a new cutout of him was made available more recently, and that it may somehow be related to that. Can you check if there is a file named 29063111.png in your megapack folder?

Keep in mind that any custom graphics precede the default SI images. Basically, the game first loads the default images and then reads any other configs added within the folder above to see if there's anything which should replace these default images. When a blank image is being displayed in cases where either or both of the default SI images or custom graphics are available, then it is invariably an issue with the config file.

Btw, I'm moving this conversation to the technical support thread on the cutouts forum. You won't notice, but I'm a bit OCD like that too
FAO @Mike Coll, in case you got lost
FAO @Mike Coll, in case you got lost

I have my pictures in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2016\data\graphics\ which is where i've always saved them, is it wrong to have them in there?

The other one i have noticed is demarai gray, but apart from that i cant think off the top my head!

Thats interesting to know that SI images get overwritten as mine dont seem too so it does seem like it could be a issue my end?
I have my pictures in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2016\data\graphics\ which is where i've always saved them, is it wrong to have them in there?

The other one i have noticed is demarai gray, but apart from that i cant think off the top my head!

Thats interesting to know that SI images get overwritten as mine dont seem too so it does seem like it could be a issue my end?

That's the reason why they're not displaying. They should be located anywhere within Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager / graphics. Just move them (and any other graphics you downloaded) to within that folder and you should be fine.
That's the reason why they're not displaying. They should be located anywhere within Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager / graphics. Just move them (and any other graphics you downloaded) to within that folder and you should be fine.

Sorry if im asking a thick question, shall i move them to where you stated above and them delete them completely where they are currently?

Thanks very much for your help today by the way
Sorry if im asking a thick question, shall i move them to where you stated above and them delete them completely where they are currently?

Thanks very much for your help today by the way

In my experience, it's always better to ask what you may think is a thick question rather than having to face the consequences of having made a stupid decision for fear of asking for help

Just cut and paste the custom graphics only from "your" folder to "mine". I'm at work so can't check if there's any other files included by default in "your" folder, so sorry if I can't be more specific. If you could upload a screenshot showing its contents, that'd be grand
In my experience, it's always better to ask what you may think is a thick question rather than having to face the consequences of having made a stupid decision for fear of asking for help

Just cut and paste the custom graphics only from "your" folder to "mine". I'm at work so can't check if there's any other files included by default in "your" folder, so sorry if I can't be more specific. If you could upload a screenshot showing its contents, that'd be grand

I have done all that and now nothing works - seems like i have opened a can of worms now!

Have added a screenshot of where i have saved it for you to see too
Attachments
I have done all that and now nothing works - seems like i have opened a can of worms now!

Have added a screenshot of where i have saved it for you to see too

Load up your game, enter your preferences and ensure that the use skin cache thingy is unticked and that the reload skin on confirm tickbox is ticked. There's a screenshot in the OP of this thread of how they should look.

Edit: It's this: http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u344/maltamons/FootballManager2015_PreferencesInterface.png~original

I believe that should solve your issue

@Mike Coll, just got home and checked. I do not have a C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2016\data\graphics\ folder, so you can very simply delete the folder now. I assume it's empty, right?
@Mike Coll, just got home and checked. I do not have a C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2016\data\graphics\ folder, so you can very simply delete the folder now. I assume it's empty, right?

Done all that and hasnt worked since i moved it to where you suggested - the folder i shown you has a few things within it.

I downloaded via steam and have a HP laptop rather than a Mac if that helps or provides you with information thats useful too!
Login to post a comment

Login Register