Deleted Account #151676
Hi everyone;

This summer my wife and I will be doing an eighty mile trek from Ilkely in North Yorkshire, across the Yorkshire Dales and into Cumbria, finishing at Bowness in Funess on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere. We are doing this in order to raise money for the charity Epilepsy Action, Epilepsy has affected both of us during our lives, I suffered with the condition badly as a child and even had to attend school at a hospital for a while before I was finally given a medication that controlled my seizures, Thankfully as I have grown up I seem to have put the condition behind me and have not had a fit in several years now.
My wife on the other hand had the opposite problem, her Epilepsy manifested not in childhood but in her teen years, It has caused her great difficulty in education and keeping jobs which bread deep depression in her, culminating in a suicide attempt in 2012. Thankfully she too now appears to have found a medication which has her fits under control, she is now back in employment and in line for a promotion as well as doing a degree in politics, philosophy and economics which has given her a new outlook and zest for life, I struggle to believe she is the same woman who hit rock bottom just a few months ago.

Now that we have put the condition behind us we now wish to give something back to the various organisations who have helped us both over the years, one of those organisations is Epilepsy action who paid for Kayla to stay a week at the National center for Epilepsy in Chalfont st Peters for the testing that lead to her being prescribed the new tablets.
Initially we set a fundraising target of £300, However with almost six months still to go until the big day we are already half way to that target thanks to some generous donations, we have now raised the bar and wish to at least double that £300. Please, if you can help out even with just £1 it will help make a difference to someones life, Epilepsy affects not only me and Kayla but over 50 million people worldwide and charity's desperately need funding to help those sufferers. You can donate by clicking the link below or texting RKKA87 to 70070 followed by your donation amount.

You can also follow our training and fundraising progress on our blog which we shall be updating regularly in the build up to the event. http://rickandkayla.blogspot.co.uk/

Thank you for reading!
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Donated. Best of luck
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
Donated mate, should be able to give abit more when i get paid
Deleted Account #151676
By Slashman X | Permalink | On 07 January 2013 - 10:31 AM
Donated. Best of luck

By King Luis | Permalink | On 07 January 2013 - 10:33 AM
Donated mate, should be able to give abit more when i get paid

Thats amazing lads, Thank you
RhylFCKiko
12 years ago
1 month ago
Can you set up text giving Rick? As I can donate through text easily man
Deleted Account #151676
By RhylFCKiko | Permalink | On 07 January 2013 - 12:34 PM
Can you set up text giving Rick? As I can donate through text easily man

OK, to donate by text send RKKA87 to 70070 followed by the amount you want to donate (you need to include include the pound sign)

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Richard_Beale/1-16.png
Vercoe
11 years ago
3 years ago
I've donated, good luck mate.
KEZ_7
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
Deleted Account #151676
By Vercoe | Permalink | On 07 January 2013 - 13:21 PM
I've donated, good luck mate.

By KEZ_7 | Permalink | On 07 January 2013 - 13:27 PM
Donated mate

Thanks lads.
VP.
13 years ago
3 weeks ago
RhylFCKiko
12 years ago
1 month ago
£3 donated, now to put £10 on my phone and make that up to £5
Deleted Account #151676
Thanks guys

And thanks to Fantastic/Max/El-Hadji or whatever your name is now for your donation.
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
Deleted Account #151676
By Hibee | Permalink | On 07 January 2013 - 20:18 PM
Done

Thank you mate, and all the others on Susie who have donated over £150 today alone. you've just taken us to our £300 target and there's still almost six months to go.

Please don't stop giving though people, every penny is much appreciated.
rossiheslopi
15 years ago
4 years ago
Just donated, best of luck with this fella
Sam
17 years ago
1 year ago
Donated. It's a wonderful thing you and your wife are doing, really fantastic.
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
Well done everyone who's donated, fair play to you lads. I get paid next Friday so will try to donate something then
Obtuse
15 years ago
3 years ago
I'll bung a bit in when I get some money but seeing those donations is great.
Deleted Account #151676
Grrr, I brought two pedometers yesterday from the internet to record our progress in training for the walk more accurately. Log onto facebook this morning and guess what Tesco are giving away completely free?
RhylFCKiko
12 years ago
1 month ago
You can't have too many Rick
Deleted Account #151676
A sweet shop in my town has just donated this for me to raffle off;
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/36531_10151390527790560_1381737496_n.jpg

It's currently sitting on my table just daring me to scoff the lot.
KEZ_7
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
I'm more than happy for people to sponsor me to do so?
RhylFCKiko
12 years ago
1 month ago
I'll up the ante, gone in an hour
Deleted Account #151676
A outdoors and workwear store close to our house has given us both walking boots, worth over £160 as their contribution. We also got a sponsorship from a local builders merchants. I can't believe how much money and stuff we've been given already.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
Good luck buddy. Glad to hear things are going well up to now.
Vercoe
11 years ago
3 years ago
Are you doing much training for it?
Deleted Account #151676
By Vercoe | Permalink | On 17 January 2013 - 07:14 AM
Are you doing much training for it?

Yeah we've been aiming to do 40 miles per week in January which equates to five miles a day Monday to Saturday and a ten miler on Sunday. We'll raise it to 50 next month and keep adding ten each month until May where we'll start winding down a bit before the actual walk.
I've started eating a lot healthier too which is something I've needed to do for a long time, Just never had the motivation until now.
Vercoe
11 years ago
3 years ago
Good on ya mate, hope the snow doesn't slow you down too much!
Deleted Account #151676
No chance, I love the snow.
Deleted Account #151676
Just passed the £400 mark online.

Please don't stop donating though guys, We really want to hit the big £1k milestone as we've already raised so much with more than five months still to go until the actual walk.

Visit my JustGiving page

or text

RKKA87 to 70070 followed by your donation amount.

Thanks!

You'll need to Login to comment