idbj
14 years ago
1 month ago
Premium
Hi

I've been playing a game as national manager of Curaçao. We're doing quite well, and have even won the Caribbean cup. Thing is, when the game gives me regens, are they going to be in broadly similar positions to my existing players? The reason I ask is that I only have three Curaçaoan goalkeepers to choose from, and was wondering if I was stuck with them until one of them retires.

Can you help guys?
Rowan
16 years ago
1 month ago
Quite probably. I had this problem with a smaller nation in FM12...in fact only had 1 GK to choose from at one stage and had to select "greyed-out" alternatives, and in some cases had to Holiday through a game just to get beyond the selection process.
idbj
14 years ago
1 month ago
Premium
Cheers Rowan. Still cutting out I see.

I've found a fourth Curaçaoan keeper. It seems he was generated at the start of the game. He seems to be holding on for the Dutch team. Hopefully when he realises that he might actually get a game for us, he might stop being so silly! Fingers crossed!
Rowan
16 years ago
1 month ago
The obsession is still there, real life taking over a bit, but hey ho.

I have had players do that sort of thing, obviously will never get a game for their other nation, but still turn you down. Key is to keep trying to select them for each game (at least that's worked for me a couple of times)
idbj
14 years ago
1 month ago
Premium
Most of the players are dual nationality (with Dutch), so as I move up the world rankings, a few more might be tempted.

Is there a free program to do cut outs these days, as my (dodgy) copy of photoshop was about two computers ago. I used to dabble with cutting, but the megapack has (mostly) saved me the bother.

I also have a plan to do a small additional database with 100 or so Japanese players and J-League expats. I don't want to play the j-league, but want the Japanese team to be closer to reality. Could I persuade you to cut that for me?
Rowan
16 years ago
1 month ago
You can get CS2 for free now or GIMP is pretty good from what I understand. Also you can pick up CS4 (my favoured tool for cutting still) for just £43 now - check out the Guide to Cutting thread if you fancy getting back into it. HERE

I think there are already some good Japan expansions out there....check the Editors Hideaway on SI games' forum. Unfortunately I barely have time to do cuts of players in the db, so couldn't commit to helping you out there, sorry
idbj
14 years ago
1 month ago
Premium
Ah, well stuff you :-p .

I'll find a DB that suits, and then cut out for that instead. I might even post my results!

Think I preferred it before you discovered real life ;-)

Thanks all the same. :-)

You'll need to Login to comment