Knighted_Manager
14 years ago
5 years ago
First of all, the live update is spectacular and I love the concept. In practice however I run into difficulty in that updated AI managers get sacked virtually immediately as soon as I begin a new game, usually for poor league position.

e.g. Mark Hughes (IRL appointed 16/03) gets sacked in April or Darren Moore (appointed about 10 minutes ago) is sacked by West Bromwich.

Has anyone found a workaround for this please?
Footygamer
17 years ago
2 days ago
Presumably you mean when combining the data update and the start in the future file.

I could change the "join date" to be the real life join date.

Unfortunately we haven't been asking for that information from submissions up until now so we don't have that information. I could add it for FM19.

Also I would need to do some experiments, e.g. if Mark Hughes had a join date of 16/03/18 and lost every single game from August 2017 until March 2018, would he get sacked? I don't know.

Unfortunately all these tests and experiments are very, very time consuming.
Knighted_Manager
14 years ago
5 years ago
Cheers for the reply Rob.

Yes, I am combining the live update with 'live' start date and fixtures/resutls (also two excellent things you guys do - something I did every year after the xx.3 update from SI until you started doing it, so thank you!!).

Real life join date may work. However, to test I got FMRTE (however it may be frowned upon!! I like to update kits, alright people?) and changed the contract start dates as soon as I started a new game. So for examples, I edited Mark Hughes and Darren Moore. It didn't work, they were still sacked very quickly. Job position remained 'Precarious' in-game. Not sure if adding the join date in the .xml would help. Although as I'm completely anal about these things I would love for that to be added even it it was purely cosmetic ...

I have never bought the in-game editor so have no idea if the function is there but the only thing I could imagine working would be being able to somehow edit the 'Board Confirdence' figure seen in the pre-game editior. Even then I tired mass editing every employed manager in the game to have '200' and some were still listed as 'Precarious' or 'Very Insecure'.

I appreciate the testing would be hugely time consuming (having dabbled myself). Appreciate if you think of anything/give it a look in future updates.

Thanks!
Knighted_Manager
14 years ago
5 years ago
Just to follow up on this - using an amended latest data update with the custom start date file. I changed the 'Contract Start Date' and 'Date Last Contract Signed' to the correct dates pre-game.

Mark Hughes' Job Status is now 'Secure' instead of 'Precarious'. So adding the correct start dates does seem to fix this issue. I'm running the first month on holiday to see what happens at the end of the season.

I also tested giving Chris Coleman a 'Date Last Contract Signed' of 30 June 2018, as he was also always 'Precarious'. By new game loading he had been sacked on 03 April.

EDIT: Coleman has been sacked on that as Sunderland were recorded as being relegated on that date, which is obviosuly incorrect. There is an issue with the custom start date after 16 April. Promotions and relegations are out of whack. Haven't had the chance to test a future 'Date Last Contract Signed' with a previous custom start date yet.

So it will work with the custom start date, but not starting the game during the standard pre-season.

EDIT 2: I'm 99% certain that changing 'Date Contract Last Signed' to close to the game start date is the most important one for job security.
Footygamer
17 years ago
2 days ago
Cheers for the experiments!

The problem is that the start date could be any date and building a unique file for each start date is just too much.

The best that can be done is adding in the real life joined date (makes sense) although that hasn't been recorded so far, so that it will have to be added to future additions of the live update and not the current one unfortunately.
Barkermush
15 years ago
3 weeks ago
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but when I download the latest custom start date (14th May) the Championship becomes really messed up.
It's showing Billericay and Kettering in the Championship playoffs, and the League Table.. well really hard to explain.. so here is a screenshot:

https://sortitoutsi.net/uploads/mirrored_images/cz8wjuhhVk3kFAXsVYhBzrfKRuFeHXG3txoPcJ2G.jpg

https://sortitoutsi.net/uploads/mirrored_images/uptIL0VAnoy2c5qgc0EGvmexL1ZaBffYXaAjmJru.jpg

I love the custom start date feature and have used it lots, just wondering if I have done something wrong... or if it's the same for everybody else?
Also a minor issue with a Premier League final day fixture, it's showing the Burnley v Bournemouth score as 1-1.. when it finished 2-1 to Bournemouth.
SirTAVARES
11 years ago
2 years ago
Banned
try without any files.

to see which files have that problem
Barkermush
15 years ago
3 weeks ago
I've downloaded various dates each week from March onwards to see where the problem starts, and it works fine up untill the 23/4/2018 update. After that file, the Championship keeps getting messed up at the end of the season.. along with Billericay and Kettering appearing in the Championship playoffs.

For some reason on the 23/4/2018 update it shows Burton has relegated on the game, despite them only being 3 points behind with 2 games left... so not sure if this is causing the issue? In real life Burton didn't get relegated till the final day.. and not only that, on the game, points wise they aren't relegated (3 points behind the team in 21st, with 2 games remaining) .. but the game shows them as relegated.. so maybe this is the trigger to the problem?

Anyway, for now, I will stick with the 16/4/2018 update which is working fine.
kfnielsen
17 years ago
2 hours ago
Premium
There's an issue
After 30 April the english leagues are messed up
It promoted 6 teams to epl and relegates 6 epl teams
SirTAVARES
11 years ago
2 years ago
Banned
Footygamer
17 years ago
2 days ago
The custom start date has never worked with play offs unfortunately and there's no way to make it work. It's more designed as a cool tool to use around November/December/January. There's little point starting in the middle of the playoffs.
Barkermush
15 years ago
3 weeks ago
I know it's never worked for the playoffs, or any cup games.
I'm not trying to replicate real life playoff results, just start the game with real end of season tables.

But downloading after the final Premier League results, breaks the game... 6 teams relegated from the Premier League?

https://sortitoutsi.net/uploads/mirrored_images/tl7jOX4wusC7zKCNyf0gc3wk3FsDE84vWmmt8aip.jpg

As you can see, Aston Villa- Cardiff- Derby- Leeds- Sheff Utd- Wolves have all been promoted to the Premier League.
With Brighton- Huddersfield- Stoke- Southampton- Swansea- West Brom all relegated to the Championship.

Really bizarre thing to happen.
Barkermush
15 years ago
3 weeks ago
The custom start date has never worked with play offs unfortunately and there's no way to make it work. It's more designed as a cool tool to use around November/December/January. There's little point starting in the middle of the playoffs.

Ok after looking through the file on the editor, I've managed to pinpoint the problem.
There was a result missing from a postponed game, I amended that and it fixed the problem.

The result in question is the Nottm Forest v Barnsley match (originaly scheduled for 2/4/18) it was re-arranged to 24/4/18 with Nottm Forest winning 3-0

Thanks for your work on this, I love this feature
Dylan96145
7 years ago
5 days ago
Has this now been fixed ?
Footygamer
17 years ago
2 days ago
It hasn't been fixed yet, hopefully Monday
Keith Batcheltor
7 years ago
1 month ago
Hi Rob I hope the custom start date will be fixed on Monday, and I am glad that you responded, as others have asked about this for some time. However, you may wish to point out to admins and staff, that they should also be respectful and patient to posters, as some are in need of your guidance.
Keith Batcheltor
7 years ago
1 month ago
It hasn't been fixed yet, hopefully Monday

Any idea as to when on Monday?
Footygamer
17 years ago
2 days ago
Any idea as to when on Monday?

The custom start date should now be fixed

But remember it WILL NOT work with playoffs so it's probably best to choose a date before the first playoff match.

If anyone can figure out how to do cups (so I could also include FA Cup and League Cups) that would be awesome, but i've never managed to unfortunately.
Keith Batcheltor
7 years ago
1 month ago
I downloaded it today, and when I started on 7th May, all leagues and tables (and play off fixtures) were correct. However, I then downloaded using todays date as my start date just to see if I could play as my favourite team Aston Villa, and there were 6 teams highlighted to be relegated and 6 teams highlighted to be promoted from the Championship. I didn't bother checking the other divisions, or who was in the play off finals. So there is still a problem I'm afraid.
Footygamer
17 years ago
2 days ago
Hmm I downloaded today and it was absolutely fine (except incorrect play off final which I can't help)

Are you sure you deleted all previous versions you've downloaded and you're not accidentally using an older one?

@Keith Batcheltor
mons
17 years ago
16 hours ago
I downloaded it today, and when I started on 7th May, all leagues and tables (and play off fixtures) were correct. However, I then downloaded using todays date as my start date just to see if I could play as my favourite team Aston Villa, and there were 6 teams highlighted to be relegated and 6 teams highlighted to be promoted from the Championship. I didn't bother checking the other divisions, or who was in the play off finals. So there is still a problem I'm afraid.

The custom start date should now be fixed

But remember it WILL NOT work with playoffs so it's probably best to choose a date before the first playoff match.

If anyone can figure out how to do cups (so I could also include FA Cup and League Cups) that would be awesome, but i've never managed to unfortunately.

I've highlighted the relevant part for you
Keith Batcheltor
7 years ago
1 month ago
I am fully aware of what you highlighted. However, if you download to start on todays date ,as any team ,in any division, you end up with the following;
1) Premiership table correct, relegated teams correct.
2) Championship table correct, promoted sides Wolves, Cardiff, Villa, Derby, Sheffield and one from Leeds, Middlesbro, Kettering and Billericay. Relegated teams Hull,B'ham,Bolton,Barnsley,Burton and Sunderland.
3) League One table correct, promoted and relegated sides correct, play off fixtures and semi final results correct.
4) League Two promoted teams correct, play off fixtures and semi finals correct, relegated teams incorrect, as Forest Green relegated instead of Barnet.

So as I said, there is still a problem. I am just wondering, if the downloads on May 29th and May 30th will work, with all of the correct promotions and relegations in all of the countries the custom start date is applicable to.
Keith Batcheltor
7 years ago
1 month ago
Hmm I downloaded today and it was absolutely fine (except incorrect play off final which I can't help)

Are you sure you deleted all previous versions you've downloaded and you're not accidentally using an older one?

@Keith Batcheltor

Deleted all previous versions, and got the results which I posted in my answer to mons post.
Footygamer
17 years ago
2 days ago
I think you must be making a mistake and accidentally using an old version or something because I am not seeing those issues. Please make sure you've definitely deleted all older versions of the start date file and then re-download the latest version.

You posted while I was posting, I know you said you already have but can you please try deleting and downloading again, there's literally no way we could be getting different results with the same files (unless possibly you have a cracked version of the game?)

Attached is what i'm seeing and it's fine (except play off semi final results as already stated)

Keith Batcheltor
7 years ago
1 month ago
I deleted everything, including the live transfer data update, and everything worked when I downloaded again using todays date,except for the play off finals as the teams are incorrect. I'm going to try with the latest transfer data download as well, to see if that makes any difference. I'll let you know.
Keith Batcheltor
7 years ago
1 month ago
Hi Rob, I have downloaded the latest FM2018 Data Update and having this ticked or not in the advanced options, does effect the Custom Start Date download, as play off results in all divisions wrong. Having checked what I had in the advanced options box before, I can say that I had the FM2018 Data Update (unticked) and the FMEditor Winter Transfer Update 2018 (unticked). I'd say that this was the cause of the problems. Maybe you can alter your Custom Start Date download installation instructions, to tell people to ensure that they delete everything else from the in game editor data, as if they don't, then the download may not work properly. Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to answer all of my questions.
Keith Batcheltor
7 years ago
1 month ago
Also noticed that regardless of which team you play as,all of your players contracts are of an expiry date of at least 2019, unless the player is on loan to you. And this is just using the custom start date download.
Keith Batcheltor
7 years ago
1 month ago
With regards to the Custom Start Date and the FM2018 Data Update downloads, will anything be done, to sort out the player contract date shambles in the Custom Start Date download and will the FM2018 Data Update downloads be sorted to ensure all of the current released players are removed from teams in the English divisions? As of today, none of the clubs 2018 retained lists (available on BBC sports news website) match up to your latest live transfer update/FM2018 Data Update.
Footygamer
17 years ago
2 days ago
1) There is nothing in the custom start dates regarding contracts if the contracts all automatically extended then this is an issue with the game itself and not the custom start date. The start date file is essentially a "hack" and so is almost guaranteed to have problems. Also to re-iterate once again, it is not designed for starting at the end of the season or the start of the following season, but starting mid-way through (e.g. Christmas). As far as i'm aware the contracts are fine in that instance?

2) As for the live update if a player has been released and this isn't included in the update then you can submit it yourself, it is a collaborative update after all, that's kind of the whole point of it
Keith Batcheltor
7 years ago
1 month ago
1) There is nothing in the custom start dates regarding contracts if the contracts all automatically extended then this is an issue with the game itself and not the custom start date. The start date file is essentially a "hack" and so is almost guaranteed to have problems. Also to re-iterate once again, it is not designed for starting at the end of the season or the start of the following season, but starting mid-way through (e.g. Christmas). As far as i'm aware the contracts are fine in that instance?

2) As for the live update if a player has been released and this isn't included in the update then you can submit it yourself, it is a collaborative update after all, that's kind of the whole point of it

With regards to the custom start date, I'd suggest you download yesterday or today, and delete everything else before saving said download to the editor data file. Once you've done this, start the game (it will be 21/05/2018) and check every teams squads from the Premiership downwards. you will find no player with a contract end date of 2018, other than players loaned into a team. If this isn't a glitch, kindly tell me what it is then, as pretty much every team (if not every team) has players who are out of contract at the end of 06/2018?
If you only down load the live update and play that, the contract end dates are correct.
With regards to the live update, how do I add the current retained player lists ie from the BBC sports news website?

You'll need to Login to comment