Grimnir
16 years ago
2 months ago
http://kubadbile.com/uploads/article/photo/IMG_45DED1-228B4C-6E1209-B7DE17-D60533-D3319B.jpg

Another season, another set of unexpected transfers. Who is on the move?

We've already had some "surprising" transfers. Ronaldo did the new contract dance and ended up at Juventus and Wolves are trying to buy every Portuguese League talent - already landing Rui Patricio! Mahrez finally got his move to City...etc

What more will happen?
chokosc
14 years ago
4 days ago
Can this season end already?
Number 1
16 years ago
10 months ago
Leave it to Mike Ashley to bank over £120million for last season and still tell Benitez the policy is sell to buy.
VP.
13 years ago
1 week ago
Leave it to Mike Ashley to bank over £120million for last season and still tell Benitez the policy is sell to buy.

At least you haven't just spent £67m on a very average goal keeper.
BR.
17 years ago
2 years ago

Alisson isn't very average. He might have had only one season as first-choice at Roma, but he was quality.

£67m is pretty crazy yep (though I'd have been tempted to turn it down as I'm sick of Roma selling a Pjanic, Salah, Alisson etc each summer).

Although not as crazy as £50m for Richarlison would be, that would almost put me off football....
chokosc
14 years ago
4 days ago
Although not as crazy as £50m for Richarlison would be, that would almost put me off football....

That's a real joke isn't it
BR.
17 years ago
2 years ago
chokosc
14 years ago
4 days ago

My god... Remember the days they could barely sign anyone and now they go on and splash 50m on him...
Grimnir
16 years ago
2 months ago
Not sure what Marco Silva sees in Richarlson but thought Everton would be doing other business than that. Maybe scoring 22 goals or whatever past a Danish amateur side has given them a false sense of security.

In other news, what about Malcolm? Do Roma fans still want him? Pleading with Bordeaux not to complete their transfer of him so he can try get a move to Barcelona. I'm sure @BR. will have some thoughts there!
chokosc
14 years ago
4 days ago
Rob Green and Reina to Chelsea.

Can you even make that stuff up?
King Luis
17 years ago
1 month ago
The best thing is you'll be paying for a player who has literally just joined a club on a free transfer, mental.
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago

Tbf I wasn't convinced about paying that much for him after seeing him getting smashed at Anfield.
But looking at his stats, distribution etc I think he could be a great fit.
Grimnir
16 years ago
2 months ago
Continuing with goalkeepers, Courtois to Real Madrid and Pickford to Chelsea?
Eric Portapotty
14 years ago
1 week ago
Doubt Real will go ham this window, they'll see if they can trust Lopetegui, and if they can't they'll hire a properly world class gaffer and let him spend.

And honestly I can't see Lopetegui lasting the season.
King Luis
17 years ago
1 month ago
Doubt Real will go ham this window, they'll see if they can trust Lopetegui, and if they can't they'll hire a properly world class gaffer and let him spend.

And honestly I can't see Lopetegui lasting the season.

You say that like the manager at Real Madrid has much say in who gets signed.
Grimnir
16 years ago
2 months ago
Courtois deal seems to be off. With one year left on his deal Real could get him for free next season.

What do we think about the new transfer window date for English clubs? Seems a bit of a farce to me.
VP.
13 years ago
1 week ago
Courtois deal seems to be off. With one year left on his deal Real could get him for free next season.

What do we think about the new transfer window date for English clubs? Seems a bit of a farce to me.

Makes absolutely no sense if overseas clubs can still sign our players, just puts us at a disadvantage from everyone else imo.
King Luis
17 years ago
1 month ago
Don't think it really makes a difference, players will know they have no chance of leaving once the window is shut because clubs simply aren't going to sell players when they cant replace them.
BR.
17 years ago
2 years ago
In other news, what about Malcolm? Do Roma fans still want him? Pleading with Bordeaux not to complete their transfer of him so he can try get a move to Barcelona. I'm sure @BR. will have some thoughts there!

Not gonna lie, I've never seen the guy play before haha.....he's obviously decent though. Already signed Kluivert, Pastore going forward plus the players from last season, so hopefully it won't be too much of a problem.
VP.
13 years ago
1 week ago
Don't think it really makes a difference, players will know they have no chance of leaving once the window is shut because clubs simply aren't going to sell players when they cant replace them.

That won't stop them wanting to leave though if a much better offer comes in from a better team.
chokosc
14 years ago
4 days ago

I think it is just a question of whether we get a decent replacement or not. Right now it seems like we can't so we might as well keep him for this season. If we finish in the top 4 we get enough money so it will be worth.

I think it will come back to bite the clubs in the ass. If a big player leaves after the window is shut, it will be a failure. It must be worldwide otherwise it will hurt the teams.
Grimnir
16 years ago
2 months ago
More potential goalkeeper movement, Joe Hart to Burnley?!
Grimnir
16 years ago
2 months ago
Come on guys! This thread is usually a lot more active...

But in more important news - Courtois failed to turn up to Chelsea training today in an effort to force through a move to Real Madrid accoding to SSN. They are still saying that Butland is top target as replacement also.
VP.
13 years ago
1 week ago
In fairness there's not been a great deal going on, at least no surprise moves so far.
VP.
13 years ago
1 week ago
I see Burnley have now signed Joe Hart which makes sense as both first choice keepers are injured, but then for me Nick Pope and Tom Heaton are better than Hart so when one or the other are back from injury I can see him spending the rest of his time there on the bench as usual.
chokosc
14 years ago
4 days ago
Courtois really fucking us over. He said that he wouldn't force a move and he does exactly that. I defended him when he was bad and think he is a great keeper but he could learn a lot from Hazard.
King Luis
17 years ago
1 month ago
If people thought we were spending a lot when we signed Allison they'll lose their shit over the fee Chelsea have agreed for Kepa Arrizabalaga
Grimnir
16 years ago
2 months ago
Courtois really fucking us over. He said that he wouldn't force a move and he does exactly that. I defended him when he was bad and think he is a great keeper but he could learn a lot from Hazard.

So, Courtois off to Real Madrid on a 6yr deal. Kepa coming the other way plus a loan deal for Kovacic. As much as I like him, did Chelsea really need another centre mid?!

As seemingly our Chelsea fan on the forum, @chokosc , what do you think?
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
Why am I reading that Kepa bought himself out?
Dan
12 years ago
4 months ago
Why am I reading that Kepa bought himself out?

its a La Liga rule, the player has to 'buy out' their buy out clause fee etc, ronaldo had to do the same

You'll need to Login to comment