danbeats71
14 years ago
2 years ago
Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me out with a tactics problem. I've started a career with Cardiff and I've set them up to play good, attacking, keep-ball football which in my first few games they have done (+60% possession in most games, 15-20 shots). Trouble is, all they seem to want to do is take bloody long shots instead of creating clear cut chances! I've lost 2 out of 2 to start the season in games that I've dominated and that's a big reason why. Any help would be much appreciated!
zeonflux
13 years ago
3 years ago
By danbeats71 | Permalink | On 23 January 2013 - 22:59 PM
Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me out with a tactics problem. I've started a career with Cardiff and I've set them up to play good, attacking, keep-ball football which in my first few games they have done (+60% possession in most games, 15-20 shots). Trouble is, all they seem to want to do is take bloody long shots instead of creating clear cut chances! I've lost 2 out of 2 to start the season in games that I've dominated and that's a big reason why. Any help would be much appreciated!

Try going to the players individual tactics in the tactics screen and setting long shots to low
KEZ_7
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
Or use the 'work ball into box' shout
Poe
17 years ago
1 day ago
It may also be because your forward players aren't making runs into space - so see if that's a problem too.

PPM's can also impact hugely on the amount of long shots taken - try signing players with higher "Decisions" and the PPM "Looks for pass instead of attempting a shot".

Unsure if that PPM can be learned though - you may have to do it via tutoring.
danbeats71
14 years ago
2 years ago
OK I'll have a look at it. Only concern I do have is I heard this too many long shots thing is a bug or glitch with the match engine, is that true?
Poe
17 years ago
1 day ago
Nah, not really.
Crane
14 years ago
5 days ago
Premium
"- Toned down poor decision long shots"

From the list of updates for the next ME. So yes, it is a problem with the ME.

You'll need to Login to comment