zeonflux
13 years ago
3 years ago
Hi all quick question, i've just become England manager and have had Adryan play form my Everton for 5-6 years, he's got English citizenship and hasn't played for Brazil, how can i ask him to play for me?
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
If the game mirrors real life, he won't be eligible for a call-up. Naturalised players are not allowed to play for any of the home nations.
zeonflux
13 years ago
3 years ago
Really i thought they were i remember a few years ago it being touted that the England boss at the time (Capello i believe) was going to call up Arteta, but he declined as he said that he only wanted to play for Spain even if i never received a call up from them
Crane
14 years ago
1 week ago
Premium
By Franck | Permalink | On 30 January 2013 - 23:15 PM
If the game mirrors real life, he won't be eligible for a call-up. Naturalised players are not allowed to play for any of the home nations.

It's actually a gentleman's agreement, it wouldn't break any rules.
billytempleman
13 years ago
2 months ago
Premium
i would of thought you could of, considering inman from newcastle comes from oz but he plays for scotland......look at giggs he played for england youth level then played for wales and look at shola never in a million years england would select him so he now plays for nigeria, podolski is polish but plays for germany just like klose
zeonflux
13 years ago
3 years ago
By billytempleman | Permalink | On 31 January 2013 - 08:57 AM
i would of thought you could of, considering inman from newcastle comes from oz but he plays for scotland......look at giggs he played for england youth level then played for wales and look at shola never in a million years england would select him so he now plays for nigeria, podolski is polish but plays for germany just like klose

Yeah only problem is that they are are real examples of it, not use if you can do it in game
Rowan
16 years ago
1 month ago
Angel Rangel ALWAYS ends up playing for Wales in my game. Presume it's a bug, but maybe it is possible? (isn't he rule the player has to have been schooled for 5 years in the country before the age of 21 or some such - certainly not true in Rangel's case though)
KEZ_7
17 years ago
17 hours ago
By Rowan | Permalink | On 31 January 2013 - 10:57 AM
Angel Rangel ALWAYS ends up playing for Wales in my game. Presume it's a bug, but maybe it is possible? (isn't he rule the player has to have been schooled for 5 years in the country before the age of 21 or some such - certainly not true in Rangel's case though)

Again, that's more a gentlemens agreement between the home nations than anything else.

In FM, providing the player hasn't declared himself for another eligible country you should be able to call him up. In the past I've had Almunia (purely a test) Arteta and a Brazilian kid I had, all accept call ups for England. I've also seen the likes of Junior Hoilett play for England/Canada/Jamaica in different games
zeonflux
13 years ago
3 years ago
Fair enough but if they've got national citizenship how to you approach them?
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
By zeonflux | Permalink | On 31 January 2013 - 18:08 PM
Fair enough but if they've got national citizenship how to you approach them?

Just call him up the next time you get the opportunity. If he's interested he'll accept the call up.
zeonflux
13 years ago
3 years ago
Think i've found the problem, he's got English nationalities but it says that he's only eligible for Brazil, he's not played a full senior international but has played at U20 level although i didn't think that mattered so why is he ineligible?
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
Does his profile say that he is declared for Brazil?
zeonflux
13 years ago
3 years ago
I think so but if he's not played a match then surely i should be able to talk to him about switching to England?
Bigrob8917
13 years ago
4 months ago
He is probably still in the Brazilian player database and since that's the case, he is basically only legible to play for Brazil. I'm not sure if you can talk him out of it...
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
By zeonflux | Permalink | On 31 January 2013 - 19:59 PM
I think so but if he's not played a match then surely i should be able to talk to him about switching to England?

Declared players never change their nationality.
Mausicek
13 years ago
5 months ago
Even if he is in Brazilian "wider squad"(don't know the correct term...maybe shortlist? :-)) ), you should be able to call him for England NT if he is interested. In FM2012 I was managing France and had few african newgens shorlisted for a France NT, but their home nations called them up sooner than I did, so sadly it doesn't work like that even if the player doesn't declare specific interest for nation.
NiceLad
17 years ago
3 days ago
Check to see if he's in the Brazil U23 squad, if he is you won't be able to call him up until that squad is cleared, which it only does on a 4 year cycle for the Olympics. It's a bit of a bug imo all cpu controlled youth countrys should have there squads cleared at the end of international duty to stop this. The only way round it is to add a new manager of Brazil U23 clear the squad then retire the manager, bit of a cheat tho

You'll need to Login to comment