Feed
Already playing ? Get these essential add ons to enhance the game Want updated squads for FM19? We have the worlds biggest FM2019 Data Update. 10 minutes ago
seb-bouh commented on: Request Thread (ONLY TEAMS, COMPS and NATIONS THAT ARE IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
21 minutes ago
Suffolk Seasider commented on: Megapack - Home thread - FM19 Megapack - 11.10 OUT NOW [19/06/2019]
36 minutes ago
A new version of our data update was released with 546895 changes from 918 contributors.
39 minutes ago
A new version of our data update was released with 359049 changes from 983 contributors.
39 minutes ago
A new version of our data update was released with 145579 changes from 462 contributors.
54 minutes ago
Martin Renger commented on: Promotions and relegations 2019-20 season + updated CHL and EL teams (7. update 21-07-2019)
1 hour ago
Footygamer added a video: HOW I GOT NOTTS COUNTY TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE IN 5 SEASONS | FOOTBALL MANAGER 2019
1 hour ago
bolid74 commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
1 hour ago
Mr. T commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
1 hour ago
Mr. T added a download: Kolding Idrætsforening Teampack
2 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 546888 changes from 918 contributors.
2 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 359035 changes from 983 contributors.
2 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 145565 changes from 462 contributors.
2 hours ago
imadinnerjacket commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
2 hours ago
imadinnerjacket added a download: Pending improvement images mixpack 50 [23 images]
2 hours ago
tongey commented on: Operation Nine Elms
2 hours ago
tongey commented on: Welcome To Hellgrade
2 hours ago
tongey commented on: Now I would walk 500 miles...
3 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 546856 changes from 918 contributors.
3 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 358998 changes from 983 contributors.
3 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 145528 changes from 461 contributors.
3 hours ago
satanismyuncle commented on: FM18 update
3 hours ago
mons commented on: No-ID Topic - NO REQUESTS
4 hours ago
mons commented on: Megapack Technical Support thread - all other threads will be locked
4 hours ago
HockeyBhoy commented on: Now I would walk 500 miles...
4 hours ago
Bryn fryer commented on: Megapack Technical Support thread - all other threads will be locked
4 hours ago
VP. commented on: Welcome To Hellgrade
5 hours ago
davysrfc commented on: 2019/20 Europa League
5 hours ago
davysrfc commented on: 2019/20 Champions League
5 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 546833 changes from 918 contributors.
Discussion
https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2019/player/23471733/sultan-tankar

This guy is aged 25, is uncapped by Saudi Arabia, does not appear on any club website, cannot be found in a google search, is a new addition to the FM19 database, and yet has top division stats (134 CA 142 PA). Who is he? Where has he been? Why has he not featured in FM before?

«This comment has been edited»
https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2019/player/23471733/sultan-tankar

This guy is aged 25, is uncapped by Saudi Arabia, does not appear on any club website, cannot be found in a google search, is a new addition to the FM19 database, and yet has top division stats (134 CA 142 PA). Who is he? Where has he been? Why has he not featured in FM before?

A quick Google search takes me to the club's Wikipedia page, which shows him as having joined the club last month and gives this Twitter link as proof. I can't access Twitter at work due to a firewall, but hopefully that answers your query.

Additionally, and with the greatest of respect, I'm not sure the tone of your post is warranted. We're a fan page, we don't add players into the FM database ourselves after all
A quick Google search takes me to the club's Wikipedia page, which shows him as having joined the club last month and gives this Twitter link as proof. I can't access Twitter at work due to a firewall, but hopefully that answers your query.

Additionally, and with the greatest of respect, I'm not sure the tone of your post is warranted. We're a fan page, we don't add players into the FM database ourselves after all

Thanks. However, people who use "with the greatest of respect" often show very little. It was a valid question and I never said anything about this site. As a facepack maker I spent an hour of frustration trying to find him.

This player has come out of nowhere and according to what you have found has been transferred down to the Saudi second division from al-Wedha, of the top division - I'm not confident that's the same player. But there's something going on in the FM database - there seem to be a few Gulf state players who have had stat bumps. This one seems the most extreme and, until I can find verifiable proof, doesn't even exist.

Thanks. However, people who use "with the greatest of respect" often show very little. It was a valid question and I never said anything about this site.

This player has come out of nowhere and, as a facepack maker I spent an hour mins of frustration trying to find him.

You posted it in the "Official sortitoutsi Data Update Discussion" forum, and it's got nothing to do with this site's data update pack tbh By your same token, I did not show a lack of respect by answering your question and none was intended, so not sure why you're taking it personally

Besides, a simple Google search got me info on him in a matter of seconds he was at Al-Wehda in 2017/18 and joined Al-Shoulla on 5 February this year

In the twitter link I gave before, there's an image - text is in Arabic but perhaps, if it's big enough, you can use it to generate a face for him
This player has come out of nowhere and according to what you have found has been transferred down to the Saudi second division from al-Wedha, of the top division - I'm not confident that's the same player. But there's something going on in the FM database - there seem to be a few Gulf state players who have had stat bumps. This one seems the most extreme and, until I can find verifiable proof, doesn't even exist.

If you have any doubts on the veracity of the official SI data, that's something you should probably post on the official data issues forum. Not much we can do here on this site.

This particular player also appears to be in FIFA with 56 overall ability. He's on 2 Wiki pages (doesn't mean much, true) and is linked to a news item on a club's official feed. My hunch is that he only came to the researcher's attention this year and was added then. I doubt there's a great depth in lower division Saudi FM research tbh...

If you have any doubts on the veracity of the official SI data, that's something you should probably post on the official data issues forum. Not much we can do here on this site.

Yes, I was checking here because largely people tend to reply - it was a question asking if anyone had heard of him. If you want to gatekeep so heavily as to suggest no one can ask a question, well, so be it.

This particular player also appears to be in FIFA with 56 overall ability. He's on 2 Wiki pages (doesn't mean much, true) and is linked to a news item on a club's official feed. My hunch is that he only came to the researcher's attention this year and was added then. I doubt there's a great depth in lower division Saudi FM research tbh...

Thanks, I've had a look in the DB editor - he's got a recommended ability of 61 in there. Pretty weird he turns up in the game as top division class!
I would take this up with si mate
Use the Forums for requests or questions please
Duplicate

Use the Forums for requests or questions please
Login to post a comment

Login Register