Feed
Football Manager 2020 is available to Play Now! Buy now, play instantly. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM20? We have the worlds biggest FM2020 Data Update. 20 minutes ago
A new version of our data update was released with 71699 changes from 259 contributors.
24 minutes ago
bolid74 commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
35 minutes ago
nampuk commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
37 minutes ago
Qvordrup commented on: 🛠️ Metallic logo Megapack Technical Support thread
46 minutes ago
A new megapack was released: FMV Logos V2020.04
54 minutes ago
injilio commented on: ESS v5 Logo's REVIVED !!!
1 hour ago
A new version of our data update was released with 71694 changes from 259 contributors.
1 hour ago
murrayg commented on: FMV Logos
1 hour ago
A new version of our data update was released with 71669 changes from 259 contributors.
1 hour ago
hammer9 commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
2 hours ago
mons commented on: Any other matters - related to Cut Outs but not to any particular thread
3 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 71592 changes from 259 contributors.
4 hours ago
IGOR LUCAS VIEIRA commented on: Club Banners & Adboards for FM20
4 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 71587 changes from 259 contributors.
4 hours ago
GoldenGame commented on: 💡 Logos Request Thread
4 hours ago
Lebohang Mokoena commented on: 💡 Alternative Logos Request Thread
5 hours ago
Lebohang Mokoena commented on: Image finder thread - assistance in finding a source image
6 hours ago
qwaz commented on: Standard Fantasy/Request Logo only (NO PACKS) Thread
6 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 71580 changes from 259 contributors.
6 hours ago
7 hours ago
MarquitoDoRatinho commented on: Image finder thread - assistance in finding a source image
7 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 71557 changes from 259 contributors.
7 hours ago
Juancr7 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
7 hours ago
Juancr7 added a download: agentes libres mexico Mixpack
7 hours ago
rekooner2 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
7 hours ago
rekooner2 added a download: Marseille Jeunes Teampack
7 hours ago
StarsandStripes commented on: FMV Logos
8 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 71458 changes from 259 contributors.
10 hours ago
10 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 71366 changes from 259 contributors.
Discussion
Hi All

I've been playing FM for 20 years now so I know my way around things, including save game files.

A few nights ago I started receiving error messages whilst playing the game. I can't recall what it said and did not take a picture of it unfortunately. I could click OK and these messages would disappear. I then tried to save the file and I get an error message saying 'could not be saved'. Eventually I quit and the game magically saved itself as a backup file which I continued to save over since my game would not save when I tried to re-label it 'Sunderland'.

The same happened last night and I could not save the file. This time, the backup file had also disappeared too. So not only could I not save the game as 'Sudnerland', I could not overwrite the backup. I turned on auto save to see if that worked and it still could not save. I then quit the game without saving thinking that I would lose a few hours progress (which was annoying as I had just beaten Man United 2-0 at home!). However, I tried to load the game today and the entire file has gone!

I've checked the documents > sports interactive > games folder and its empty. I've scoured my recycling bin and its not in there.

Can anybody help me recover my game? I've never had this in 20 years of playing!

Thanks

Andrew
It's either a third party add-on you've recently installed or it's corrupt game files or your hard drive is on the way out. You should have refreshed your game files when the problem first appeared and if that didn't work,you'd need to check the other possibles because it's now likely you've lost your save game now,unfortunately. I'm not sure it's possible to retrieve lost or damaged save game files. I appreciate it's no consolation but for future use I'd strongly recommend installing Steam on an SSD if you can afford to. My FM has never run faster or smoother and with FM19 I've not had a single crash from day one.
Login to post a comment

Login Register
FM2020 SALE

FM2020 is currently on sale for $39.10 until 10 Jul 2020 00:55:00 ×