ShortSharpShock
11 years ago
6 years ago
Has anyone played for long enough to see the long term effects of a Head of Youth Development?
Jack1306
12 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
I saw an immediate change when I sacked a mediocre head of youth development and got what was a real coup for my club, the nationalities of the youngsters brought in each year were more diverse and I would get three or four very good prospects each year.
My thinking is that, as well as the attributes of the head of youth development, the scouting knowledge they have seems to effect the spread of the youngsters' nationalities, and therefore, their effectiveness.
KEZ_7
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
I love the idea of developing your own talent and it's something I'll look to do once I get my Eastleigh side to a safe enough financial grounding and league stature.

What attributes would you reccomend for a Head of Youth Development? Jack1306 you mentioned scouting?
Jack1306
12 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
By KEZ_7 | Permalink | On 21 February 2013 - 11:02 AM
I love the idea of developing your own talent and it's something I'll look to do once I get my Eastleigh side to a safe enough financial grounding and league stature.

What attributes would you reccomend for a Head of Youth Development? Jack1306 you mentioned scouting?

I meant their knowledge of countries, the 'scouting knowledge' panel when you are looking at their profile.
steveekay
14 years ago
1 day ago
If you're a prem team, try and get Dave Parnaby, the Beast of all HOYD's.
ShortSharpShock
11 years ago
6 years ago
The full list of his potential responsibilities, but the ones in bold are what I will probably set.

Find and make offers for Youth Players
Finalise youth signings
Find a new club for Youth players listed for transfer/loan
Decide which Youth players to offer new contracts to, and handle negotiations
Bring youth into the club and inform you of their development
Manage the Reserve Team
Manage the youth team

It's a choice between Phil Cannon - Red and Dave Parnaby - Green

https://sortitoutsi.net/uploads/mirrored_images/SiJoNqrkjRluiEk6Q0stQUd2uCNgj3q3l4oKdh4o.png
steveekay
14 years ago
1 day ago
if you haven't got many under 18 coaches go for cannon as his coaching stats are ridiculous, if you're sorted then get parnaby (better scouting stats).
Jack1306
12 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Phil Cannon has a really low determination attribute, this is something I always look for when signing coaches, but his coaching attributes are excellent.
ShortSharpShock
11 years ago
6 years ago
I've decided to go with Dave Parnaby. His determination and scouting attributes swung it, his man management is also better than Phil Cannon's.

He will be in charge of:-

Finding and making offers for youth players.
Finding a new club for youth players listed for transfer/loan.
Bringing youth into the club and informing me of their development.

You'll need to Login to comment