Dutton
17 years ago
2 months ago
This discussion came up between me and my mates earlier, we were pretty split. There's not much separating them is there?

League form;
11 goals in 24 games for Benteke
12 goals in 25 games for Lukaku
The Platypus
13 years ago
1 year ago
Lukaku's three years younger tbh.

They're both very good young strikers, but I honestly haven't seen enough of both of them to decide.
Jonas
17 years ago
4 years ago
Premium
Based on stats alone I'd say Benteke.

West Brom are 7th, Villa 18th - Villa are 16 points behind and Benteke's scored 11 of Aston Villa's total 26 goals. Got more assists than Lukaku as well and is more involved in his team's goals.

But then again, as the Dane above me, I haven't seen enough of both of them to decide who is the better player.
bluemoon.
17 years ago
3 months ago
Premium
Lukaku for me. He's younger, he's got more time to grow and improve.

He's fucking huge too.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
Benteke's been playing in an awful side all season, whereas Lukaku has been playing amongst a far better group of players who are performing better in the league. Both have been superb but in terms of how much of an influence on their respective team's fortunes, I'd say Benteke edges it. Villa would already been down without him.
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
I honestly don't any of us have seen anywhere near enough of either to even begin to offer an informed opinion.
Franck
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
Benteke has a cooler name.
Poe
17 years ago
2 days ago
What about Ulysses DelaCruz?
SpinSwimScream
14 years ago
1 day ago
Lukaku purely as he is younger and a little bit of FM10 and 11 bias =P
The Platypus
13 years ago
1 year ago
Do we have an idea of how many of those appearances are starts and subs btw?
Deleted Account #151676
By The Platypus | Permalink | On 25 February 2013 - 15:17 PM
Do we have an idea of how many of those appearances are starts and subs btw?

I think Benteke has started nearly all of Villa's games in league and cup hasn't he?
Jonas
17 years ago
4 years ago
Premium
Benteke has 22 starts whereas Lukaku has only 12, and thus has been on the pitch for 689 minutes less than Benteke. That's about 7,5 games which change things a bit, statistically speaking.
ShortSharpShock
11 years ago
6 years ago
Shola
16 years ago
5 years ago
Lukaku, quite comfortably.

Reckon Benteke could be a really good PL striker, but Lukaku could be world class.
Franck
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
From the match highlights I've seen of him on MotD, Lukaku could have had at least 10 goals more than he does if he had capitalised on all the good scoring opportunities he's found himself in. If he manages to to get just that little bit better with his finishing touch, he's going to be a world class striker, one capable of scoring 20-25 league goals year in year out.
Deleted Account #151676
By Franck | Permalink | On 25 February 2013 - 18:49 PM
From the match highlights I've seen of him on MotD, Lukaku could have had at least 10 goals more than he does if he had capitalised on all the good scoring opportunities he's found himself in. If he manages to to get just that little bit better with his finishing touch, he's going to be a world class striker, one capable of scoring 20-25 league goals year in year out.

The same could be said of Benteke, He's wasteful in most of the games I've watched him play.
Hogso
16 years ago
1 year ago
I'll post my reply to the same topic on TSR

I am not really sure. As a Villa fan, I have seen a lot of Benteke, and he continues to impress. Lukaku is the more impressive physical specimen, though, but I can't comment too much more on him beyond that. It strikes me that if Lukaku was that good, he wouldn't be on loan from Chelsea, but starting for them. Ergo, I will have to go for Big Ben, albeit on a technicality.

Well, I figured it unwise to leave it on a technicality, so I've looked up some stats for this season. These include Prem, FA Cup and League Cup appearances, Games / Goals / Assists

Benteke - 28 / 15 / 8

Lukaku - 27 / 10 / 2

So yeah I'll stick with Ben. Although I would be interested to see Lukaku's goals per min, as I expect it is significantly better, as he has been deployed as a sub more often. That's who I think is better now though - I do believe Lukaku will be the better in say, 5 years time.
Flash.
17 years ago
10 months ago
Premium
What's the point at looking at stats if you're going to count a sub appearance for 10 or so minutes as a full appearance?

When you look at minutes played rather than games played, Lukaku's stats are far better.

You'll need to Login to comment