Feed
Football Manager 2020 is available to Pre Order Now! Get early access and FM Touch Free. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM19? We have the worlds biggest FM2019 Data Update. 10 minutes ago
mons commented on: Megapack Technical Support thread - all other threads will be locked
25 minutes ago
Qvordrup commented on: Metallic logo Megapack Technical Support thread
51 minutes ago
DannyMesser93 commented on: Susie Avatar's Kits
53 minutes ago
terriersmad commented on: The Lower League Thread
1 hour ago
VP. commented on: My FM20 Career
1 hour ago
mons commented on: Megapack Technical Support thread - all other threads will be locked
1 hour ago
Dan commented on: My FM20 Career
1 hour ago
Daz10Nolan commented on: Megapack Technical Support thread - all other threads will be locked
1 hour ago
VP. commented on: My FM20 Career
1 hour ago
WorkTheSpace added a video: Liverpool FC - Episode 11: Inter the Fire | Football Manager 2020 Let's Play #FM2
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
DoctorBenjyFM added a video: Football Manager 2020 | SPURS | #12 | WHAT HAVE I JUST SEEN!? | FM20
2 hours ago
Load FM! commented on: FM20 - A Wandering Dork
2 hours ago
Golden FM added a video: Football Manager 2020 Let's Play | Red Bull Salzburg | Episode 11 - Champions League Final ...!
2 hours ago
Daz10Nolan commented on: Megapack - Home thread - FM20 Megapack - 12.0 OUT NOW [29/10/2019]
3 hours ago
Daz10Nolan commented on: Megapack - Home thread - FM20 Megapack - 12.0 OUT NOW [29/10/2019]
3 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 245843 changes from 777 contributors.
3 hours ago
mons commented on: Megapack - Home thread - FM20 Megapack - 12.0 OUT NOW [29/10/2019]
3 hours ago
3 hours ago
Ivs commented on: FMG'09 Kits
4 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 245848 changes from 777 contributors.
4 hours ago
Mohamed Gebril commented on: SS Retro Shirts
5 hours ago
ben marsh commented on: France - Ligue 1 SS'2019/20 New!
7 hours ago
kilombos commented on: [FM 2020] Skin FMPORTUGAL.NET v2
8 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 245852 changes from 777 contributors.
8 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 245850 changes from 777 contributors.
9 hours ago
r96Skinner commented on: Hometown Zero.
10 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 245843 changes from 777 contributors.
11 hours ago
Pn-Abw commented on: [RELEASED][FM15][SKINS] Alavanja 15 FMC Style v2 (+Dark)
11 hours ago
trickynicky36 commented on: SS Fantasy Kits ONLY Thread (NO REAL KITS)
Discussion
Hi all,
I am an avid player of FM (Since CM2 days) and always like to immerse myself in the game fully, but one area I tend to get a little extra help is by using other people's Tactics.
I have no problem in this, however I am planning on creating my own tactics for my save, something I haven't done since FM12 (I Think) so the revamped tactics engine is not something I have used in great detail so am looking for a little advice.

I have one main question, that is:
When creating tactics, have people found it better to create a tactic around your best player's preferred positions/roles or create a tactic and try get your players to fit into that?

I am going to start a Beta save as Spurs and want to start off on the right track with creating a tactic that will work for them without having to rebuild my whole team.

Any other tactic creation advice you can give would also be appreciated (Set piece creation etc..)
Personally I prefer to make a tactic then either train my players to fit it or over time being players. In FM20 players have better suitability for more roles which makes things slightly easier.

I don't bother with set pieces as I find the default settings do a good enough job. But if I change anything it'll be the defensive side.
http://www.liveonlineradio.net/wp-content/themes/Music_Covers/images/music2.gif -------- http://rs648.pbsrc.com/albums/uu204/JeWeL1980_photos/7505xjc54lf3np.gif~c200 -------- http://www.liveonlineradio.net/wp-content/themes/Music_Covers/images/music2.gif
Personally, I usually go the other way, at least to start with.

I try to find the philosophy and tactic that best accomodates the squad available. If money isn't a problem, then I can buy the players I need to fit a tactic and philosophy that I want to play, irrespective of the current squad. Usually, it's some sort of compromise between finding a tactic that suits the squad and moulding the squad to my ideas. At the start, or if things are going poorly, I will likely veer more in the former direction, while after I've had more training time and transfer windows to mould the squad more in my image I can start to veer in the latter direction.

I also don't bother with set pieces.

Hope that helps! Do ask if you have any further questions - tactics is arguably my favourite part of the game!
Login to post a comment

Login Register
FM2020 SALE

FM2020 is currently on sale for $47.44 until 19 Nov 2019 00:00:00 ×