Feed
Football Manager 2020 is available to Play Now! Buy now, play instantly. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM20? We have the worlds biggest FM2020 Data Update. 12 minutes ago
haiku1 commented on: The history kit of ASSE 2019-1933
49 minutes ago
A11_Smithy commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
1 hour ago
DodosDodos commented on: FM20 Touch Cutout Faces not working
1 hour ago
mons commented on: Ziyech Transfer
2 hours ago
attlee74 commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
2 hours ago
Footygamer added a video: FM20 Manchester United Career Mode | Fixing Man United Ep32 | Football Manager 2020 Stream Replay
2 hours ago
Skylector commented on: Ziyech Transfer
2 hours ago
Skylector added a topic: Ziyech Transfer
3 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 1754 changes from 30 contributors.
3 hours ago
budwaiser4 commented on: Material Skin 2.0.6 by budwaiser4
3 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 1753 changes from 30 contributors.
3 hours ago
A11_Smithy commented on: 3D Fantasy Kits Thread
3 hours ago
A11_Smithy commented on: SS Fantasy Kits ONLY Thread (NO REAL KITS)
3 hours ago
Zoran Hazimic commented on: fm 19
3 hours ago
Zoran Hazimic added a topic: fm 19
4 hours ago
Grimnir commented on: Player Scores
4 hours ago
Barkermush commented on: Anybody know what skin this is..?
4 hours ago
Barkermush added a topic: Anybody know what skin this is..?
4 hours ago
VP. commented on: Arsenal, Managed By A Fan
4 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 1688 changes from 30 contributors.
5 hours ago
VP. added a career: Arsenal, Managed By A Fan
5 hours ago
mons commented on: FM20 Touch Cutout Faces not working
5 hours ago
bolid74 commented on: England - English Leagues Level 7-8 3D'2019/20 for FM20 Relink! (11/02/20)
6 hours ago
Rivanov commented on: FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.0 Out Now!!!
6 hours ago
DodosDodos commented on: FM20 Touch Cutout Faces not working
6 hours ago
ChuckFM commented on: Chuck's Slovakian Project
6 hours ago
Emocean commented on: England - English Leagues Level 7-8 3D'2019/20 for FM20 Relink! (11/02/20)
7 hours ago
lembergman commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
7 hours ago
EnigMattic1 commented on: FM2020 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v2.0 for FM20.3.0 [released on 20/02/2020]
7 hours ago
HRiddick commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
Discussion
A question for those more experienced than myself with the editor/databases.

Before starting my latest save I wanted to try and create a ‘British Cup’. The idea being that the current league cups in each of the British countries basically all get merged into one with increased prize money and reputation.

I tried all sorts but struggled to find a format to use clubs from different nations without creating a ‘continental competition’ ie Champions League.

I gave up in the end and started the save without it but it’s still bugging me, just wondered if it is actually possible?

Thanks
A question for those more experienced than myself with the editor/databases.

Before starting my latest save I wanted to try and create a ‘British Cup’. The idea being that the current league cups in each of the British countries basically all get merged into one with increased prize money and reputation.

I tried all sorts but struggled to find a format to use clubs from different nations without creating a ‘continental competition’ ie Champions League.

I gave up in the end and started the save without it but it’s still bugging me, just wondered if it is actually possible?

Thanks

Yes, I do think it's possible. Off the top of my head I'd say that because the clubs involved are from different countries you would have to create a continental competition. I imagine it's possible to create a lower reputation (compared to UEFA's CL & EL) continental cup and set the rules so that you can specify the participants. There are actually many pre-season tournaments like that created for FM, so it should be doable to make one and incorporate it to the actual season.

I would either ask for help from community members who have made multinational leagues or cups before (I remember seeing them around, both national team and club competitions that combine teams of multiple nations into one competition) or download one of their league/cup files and study it in FM Editor to see how it's been set up.

Hope that helps!
Yes I think the next route to go down would have been to try a friendly cup. With the continental one I just didn’t like the fact every club was listed as being in a continental competition.

I’m in no real rush now as like I say I’ve just started a new save but I do think it’s a good idea to download a few custom databases and study those.

Thanks for the reply.
It is possible and if you have a Google you will find mods for it already done.

Good Moaning

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TemptingInsistentCranefly-max-1mb.gif
Login to post a comment

Login Register