Feed
Football Manager 2020 is available to Play Now! Buy now, play instantly. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM20? We have the worlds biggest FM2020 Data Update. 3 minutes ago
HRiddick commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
3 minutes ago
HRiddick added a download: Watford Youth and Staff Teampack
15 minutes ago
Skywalker commented on: Request Thread (FANTASY, ALTERNATIVE and ANYTHING NOT IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
28 minutes ago
priority76 commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
31 minutes ago
SirWerGaming commented on: Blowing New Bubbles
44 minutes ago
cebul commented on: Image finder thread - assistance in finding a source image
59 minutes ago
cHMIELu commented on: Requests
1 hour ago
DazS8 commented on: City Pictures Mega-Pack (Flut Skins)
1 hour ago
globalpixels commented on: FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.2 Out Now!!!
1 hour ago
krissmed commented on: Request Thread Trophies
1 hour ago
StaticShift commented on: How to find out continental qualification spots?
1 hour ago
StaticShift added a topic: How to find out continental qualification spots?
1 hour ago
NorthernSoul commented on: City Pictures Mega-Pack (Flut Skins)
1 hour ago
Baja commented on: Image finder thread - assistance in finding a source image
1 hour ago
SirWerGaming added a career: Blowing New Bubbles
1 hour ago
Tarrantino commented on: Tarrant's 4-2-3-1 Gegenpress
1 hour ago
A new megapack was released: Metallic Logos Megapack V2020.05
1 hour ago
mons commented on: Image finder thread - assistance in finding a source image
1 hour ago
Bartosz Siniecki commented on: Image finder thread - assistance in finding a source image
1 hour ago
Belajariman commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
1 hour ago
Belajariman added a download: Racing Club Teampack
1 hour ago
EMFJamie broke the record for FM2020 Career Promotions with 7 Promotions
1 hour ago
mons commented on: Image finder thread - assistance in finding a source image
1 hour ago
Hajdu─Źki sin commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
2 hours ago
Resurgam completed a season in their Football Manager career: 20 Year Journeyman
2 hours ago
Bartosz Siniecki commented on: Image finder thread - assistance in finding a source image
2 hours ago
krissmed commented on: No Fans!
2 hours ago
NorthernSoul commented on: No Fans!
2 hours ago
NorthernSoul added a topic: No Fans!
2 hours ago
mons commented on: FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.2 Out Now!!!
Discussion
Since last night my FM is loading and then it is closing by it's self, It has done this since the patch last night, I have tried rebooting my laptop, and uninstall and reinstall FM and it is still doing it any ideas please
Since last night my FM is loading and then it is closing by it's self, It has done this since the patch last night, I have tried rebooting my laptop, and uninstall and reinstall FM and it is still doing it any ideas please

Try and verify the integrity of the game cache through Steam. This will recreate any files changed in the installation folder, including those related to any real name fix you may have installed.
Try and verify the integrity of the game cache through Steam. This will recreate any files changed in the installation folder, including those related to any real name fix you may have installed.

Yeah I have done that and i found out it was a hard drive failure so got an new, one and then transferred everything over to the new one yet it is still doing it, could it be something graphics related
Yeah I have done that and i found out it was a hard drive failure so got an new, one and then transferred everything over to the new one yet it is still doing it, could it be something graphics related

Very easy to tell. Try moving the graphics to a temporary folder and see if FM loads without them.

Where exactly are you placing your graphics?
Very easy to tell. Try moving the graphics to a temporary folder and see if FM loads without them.

Where exactly are you placing your graphics?

In my graphics folders

Can I see a screenshot of it? Just to be sure it's in the right place.

a) given that you've changed your user data folder, I'm assuming you've changed your Steam user data preferences. Is this correct?
b) secondly, I'd rename all the folders starting in lower case (i.e. graphics instead of Graphics). For some reason, FM seems to struggle occasionally with graphic folders filenames starting with upper case letters, for some reason.
c) finally, try removing the folders in that screenshot and loading FM to see if it loads. If it does, try adding them again one by one. That may help identify if there are issues specific to one or more of those folders
a) given that you've changed your user data folder, I'm assuming you've changed your Steam user data preferences. Is this correct?
b) secondly, I'd rename all the folders starting in lower case (i.e. graphics instead of Graphics). For some reason, FM seems to struggle occasionally with graphic folders filenames starting with upper case letters, for some reason.
c) finally, try removing the folders in that screenshot and loading FM to see if it loads. If it does, try adding them again one by one. That may help identify if there are issues specific to one or more of those folders

I would have no idea about A), it was fine before with upper case before i moved them buyt will try lower case and failing that I will take them out and see if it is loading
I would have no idea about A), it was fine before with upper case before i moved them buyt will try lower case and failing that I will take them out and see if it is loading

Re (a), if your graphics are not in My Documents, then you need to change your user data location. Simple steps on how to do so can be found here.
Re (a), if your graphics are not in My Documents, then you need to change your user data location. Simple steps on how to do so can be found here.

ah ok ill take a look
Looks Like I have accidentally deleted my documents folder can i just create another or ill i just have to redownload everything again
Looks Like I have accidentally deleted my documents folder can i just create another or ill i just have to redownload everything again

Can you not retrieve it from your Recycle Bin?
Can you not retrieve it from your Recycle Bin?

Not when i already cleared the recycle bin although I have fund out what the issue is now it is just a matter of moving everything from one drive to another was in the wrong drive so hence wouldn't load
Login to post a comment

Login Register