Feed
Football Manager 2020 is available to Play Now! Buy now, play instantly. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM20? We have the worlds biggest FM2020 Data Update. 45 minutes ago
A new version of our data update was released with 72611 changes from 260 contributors.
1 hour ago
jroberts commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
1 hour ago
DazS8 commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
1 hour ago
Erikeagles68 commented on: Pre Season Tournaments
1 hour ago
Emba commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
1 hour ago
ajmace_20 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
1 hour ago
ajmace_20 added a download: Carabanchel Teampack
1 hour ago
Steve Rice commented on: FM2020 bug. Bournemouth have the wrong ground
1 hour ago
A new version of our data update was released with 72220 changes from 260 contributors.
2 hours ago
mihataaa commented on: Standard Fantasy/Request Logo only (NO PACKS) Thread
2 hours ago
mons commented on: FM2020 bug. Bournemouth have the wrong ground
2 hours ago
StaticShift commented on: FM20 - The Teplice Trophy Hunt - A Czech Adventure
3 hours ago
Steve Rice commented on: FM2020 bug. Bournemouth have the wrong ground
3 hours ago
Steve Rice added a topic: FM2020 bug. Bournemouth have the wrong ground
3 hours ago
Franck commented on: The Night Thread Mk. IX
3 hours ago
jroberts commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
3 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 71998 changes from 259 contributors.
4 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 71699 changes from 259 contributors.
4 hours ago
bolid74 commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
5 hours ago
nampuk commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
5 hours ago
Qvordrup commented on: 🛠️ Metallic logo Megapack Technical Support thread
5 hours ago
A new megapack was released: FMV Logos V2020.04
5 hours ago
injilio commented on: ESS v5 Logo's REVIVED !!!
5 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 71694 changes from 259 contributors.
6 hours ago
murrayg commented on: FMV Logos
6 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 71669 changes from 259 contributors.
6 hours ago
hammer9 commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
6 hours ago
mons commented on: Any other matters - related to Cut Outs but not to any particular thread
7 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 71592 changes from 259 contributors.
8 hours ago
IGOR LUCAS VIEIRA commented on: Club Banners & Adboards for FM20
Discussion
Would anyone be interested in a newgen Replacement Tool I'm working on?

Aiming to be finished this weekend.

It uses geniescout to source players UIDs & nationalities then sources a cutout image of them and paste it into your graphics folder. You can then use FMXML to create a config and wallah - your regens will all have images.

Obvious shortfalls are that certain nations (England for example) will have a lot of mixed ethnicities that aren't denominated by a second nation in the game. If a players nationality is England / Mali for example it's easy to source an image from the African folder to denote skin tone. However many players with dark skin tone in game may just have England as a nationality and there is nothing you can do for this.

Mathematically it should be pretty accurate with the occasional player in your team or division displaying an obviously incorrect skin tone which you can manually override to fix.

Just wanted to see if anyone else was interested? It will be a little technical to use for some but Il try and put it out there. Hopefully someone can use a similar method to create an actual application which will perform all the steps for us without the need for 3 different applications.
Hi there,

I'd be interested in something like this. I had been working on something similar last year but didn't get very far. Let me know if you continue with it/if you release it!
Hi there,

I'd be interested in something like this. I had been working on something similar last year but didn't get very far. Let me know if you continue with it/if you release it!

I've got it working - just fiddling around with it.

Needs a lot of fiddling though to get it working on your computer (choosing folders and the like) but if you're savvy with Excel I can provide it to you and you can fiddle around with it.

I honestly thought I'd get a lot more interest in it which is why I posted. Was a bit demotivated to polish it and release it when less than a handful of people reacted.
Maybe less interest as people can't visualise what it does. I imagined a similar thing last year and went as far as splitting the generic faces up into black, white, asian, etc, in order to give more realistic chance of a correct face.

What have you developed it in?

I am a developer myself, I'd be happy to help work on a user interface if you like?
maybe put it on github or so?

I definetly interested. I am currently working with HRiddick on GAN generated faces and we are about to have a system that will be able to generate hundred of thousands new faces for potential newgens. I have a small python script that generates a config file based on a given csv with UIDs. But an all in one solution would be preferable and easier to use for the average user.

Or we use gitlab for a free private repo.

P.S: I would really like to make it platform independent, not just because I am on Linux myself, but also for the Mac users.
@Maradonna has suggested setting up a group chat somewhere which is a good idea to make sure we're all working on the same thing, any idea where best we could do that? @Samuel Roy @frankthetank87
#BlackLivesMatter
Maybe less interest as people can't visualise what it does. I imagined a similar thing last year and went as far as splitting the generic faces up into black, white, asian, etc, in order to give more realistic chance of a correct face.

What have you developed it in?

I am a developer myself, I'd be happy to help work on a user interface if you like?

It's just an excel tool at current. The excel tool can take photos from assigned photos, rename them a unique ID and then spit out the copied photo into a destination folder.

You need to extract the UID from your save game using Genie Scout (only tool I have found which can do this) - then copy it into the excel tool along with the nationality.

It's not straightforward for the average user - its not too complex but could be broken easily - I would love to provide you with it all @frankthetank87 if you could turn it all (including genie scout and fmXML steps) into one application
FMRTE shows you the UID too and IIRC the free version does too(just a scouting tool) if that helps you in any way

great idea this
https://i.gyazo.com/996bb0f9ade7ac419d7bcbcd9bc4732d.jpg

Please use the forums to ask questions
FMRTE doesnt allow csv export unfortunately which is critical to the tool. Useful for manual updates though!
FMRTE shows you the UID too and IIRC the free version does too(just a scouting tool) if that helps you in any way

great idea this

@kingrobbo @frankthetank87 The file is now up: https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/55026/samaroys-newgen-replacement-tool

DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ec4cq9Q_-BAsLsJsaNWz0luXmD1NK5xX/view?usp=sharing
great stuff will take a look over the weekend
many thanks
https://i.gyazo.com/996bb0f9ade7ac419d7bcbcd9bc4732d.jpg

Please use the forums to ask questions
@Maradonna has suggested setting up a group chat somewhere which is a good idea to make sure we're all working on the same thing, any idea where best we could do that? @Samuel Roy @frankthetank87

did u guys managed to work togehter? would there be a project?
did u guys managed to work togehter? would there be a project?

Maradonna and Samuel Roy are working together with a group of others on getting something substantial released in the not too distant future, hopefully
#BlackLivesMatter
he said not sooner as fm21...unfortunately
Login to post a comment

Login Register
FM2020 SALE

FM2020 is currently on sale for $39.10 until 10 Jul 2020 00:55:00 ×