Outlaw King
15 years ago
1 hour ago
Premium
Hi folks. I managed to get the SPFL up to 12th place - so, from the following season, we should have 1 team in the BP Q2 and 1 team in the CH PL.

Season went well (at the end of season, managed to climb to 8th so straight into the group stages the following year again). However, both myself (who won the league) and the team who came 2nd have been entered into the BP Q2 together.

This is very frustrating, having to navigate pishy qualifiers AGAIN when I should be in the playoff. Why am I not even in the champions qualifiers at all? I've checked the league rules - and it clearly states the winner is in the CL playoff.

Is this a bug? Or am I missing something obvious here?
mons
17 years ago
2 minutes ago
Hi folks. I managed to get the SPFL up to 12th place - so, from the following season, we should have 1 team in the BP Q2 and 1 team in the CH PL.

Season went well (at the end of season, managed to climb to 8th so straight into the group stages the following year again). However, both myself (who won the league) and the team who came 2nd have been entered into the BP Q2 together.

This is very frustrating, having to navigate pishy qualifiers AGAIN when I should be in the playoff. Why am I not even in the champions qualifiers at all? I've checked the league rules - and it clearly states the winner is in the CL playoff.

Can you check what happened in the Europa League? Maybe it was won from someone from one of the top leagues who didn't also qualify for the CL through the league, which would mean an extra club qualifies for the CL which would subsequently mean that the lowest ranked nation's qualifier gets bumped down a round to compensate.

That, or it's only next season that the change in qualifying takes place. e.g. if you get Scotland a bump in the coefficient ratings due to your exploits in the 2023/24 season, the qualifying regime will not change in 2024/25 but 2025/26.
Outlaw King
15 years ago
1 hour ago
Premium
Can you check what happened in the Europa League? Maybe it was won from someone from one of the top leagues who didn't also qualify for the CL through the league, which would mean an extra club qualifies for the CL which would subsequently mean that the lowest ranked nation's qualifier gets bumped down a round to compensate.

That, or it's only next season that the change in qualifying takes place. e.g. if you get Scotland a bump in the coefficient ratings due to your exploits in the 2023/24 season, the qualifying regime will not change in 2024/25 but 2025/26.

Chelsea won the Europa League, and they came 2nd in the league.

I keep an eye on these things - it was the previous season it went up. So, played a whole new season and now have to do these best placed qualifiers for some daft reason instead of the champions playoff. I'm in the best placed qualifiers with Rangers, who came 2nd...just weird!

The rules in the SPFL now state the winner goes into the group stages, so christ knows if that'll actually happen next season or not.
mons
17 years ago
2 minutes ago
Chelsea won the Europa League, and they came 2nd in the league.

I keep an eye on these things - it was the previous season it went up. So, played a whole new season and now have to do these best placed qualifiers for some daft reason instead of the champions playoff. I'm in the best placed qualifiers with Rangers, who came 2nd...just weird!

The rules in the SPFL now state the winner goes into the group stages, so christ knows if that'll actually happen next season or not.

Hmm. And what about the CL winners?
Outlaw King
15 years ago
1 hour ago
Premium
Hmm. And what about the CL winners?

Liverpool. They also won the league
mons
17 years ago
2 minutes ago
Liverpool. They also won the league

Might well be a bug then. What does the coefficient page in the CL for this season show?
Outlaw King
15 years ago
1 hour ago
Premium
Season before I was 12th.

https://sortitoutsi.net/uploads/mirrored_images/P2TpQP7pgyNmcwkAmLdqu5d87skWCuZS7gOPPbnM.png
ScoRoss
11 years ago
2 days ago

How it is shown is not how it will be for the end of that season you finished, but the end of next season.

You'll need to Login to comment