Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium

Surprised Hazard got in ahead of Michu for POTY
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
Michu's been largely anonymous since the first half the season tbf, but yeah im going to say Suarez (obviously)
AFC
16 years ago
8 years ago
Can't believe Wilshere is in there, been so average since he returned from injury. Ridiculous that Nastasic isn't in the POTY list either. Also I'd put Rafael in ahead of Welbeck.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
By King Luis | Permalink | On 19 April 2013 - 12:11 PM
Michu's been largely anonymous since the first half the season tbf, but yeah im going to say Suarez (obviously)

So has Hazard or (arguably) RVP
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
Hard one imo. RVP and Suarez both had pretty long spells without scoring over courses of the season.

Between Mata or Bale for me, reckon Bale with win it.
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
By Ninja | Permalink | On 19 April 2013 - 12:15 PM
Hard one imo. RVP and Suarez both had pretty long spells without scoring over courses of the season.

Between Mata or Bale for me, reckon Bale with win it.

Id argue that Suarez is always a nightmare to play against though regardless of weather hes scoring or not.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
By AFC | Permalink | On 19 April 2013 - 12:13 PM
Can't believe Wilshere is in there, been so average since he returned from injury. Ridiculous that Nastasic isn't in the POTY list either. Also I'd put Rafael in ahead of Welbeck.

Aye, Matty should be in the YPOTY seeing as he's part of the best defence in the league this season. Wilshere had a spell of good games before xmas but since then he's been average as you say
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
By King Luis | Permalink | On 19 April 2013 - 12:18 PM
Id argue that Suarez is always a nightmare to play against though regardless of weather hes scoring or not.

Yeah, but RVP's hold up play and creativity and movement has been as equally untouched in his drought as Suarez's dribbling probably was during his. Tbf, Carrick is the only player on the list that's probably been consistently excellent over the entire season, but I can't see him winning it.

Welbeck's been good but 2 goals for a striker is a pretty poor return to be nominated as YPOTY, Rafael's unlucky to miss out from United alone.
bluemoon.
17 years ago
3 months ago
Premium
Welbeck and Wilshere for YPOTY? Fuck right off.
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
When's it been Suarez's drought exactly?
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
By Carroll. | Permalink | On 19 April 2013 - 13:32 PM
When's it been Suarez's drought exactly?

Suarez always seems to score in 'bursts'. He'll score for 3 or 4 games in a row, then go 3 or 4 games without a goal
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
I slightly agree with that, but Ninja claimed he's had a long spell without scoring, when it's nowhere near to van Persie's recent drought. Plus Suarez has been scoring pretty regularly this season, not every game regularly but he's not had a long run without goals tbf.
Dutton
17 years ago
2 months ago
I'd have Nastasic and Shaw Rafael ahead of Welbeck and Wilshere. Michu ahead of Hazard.

Bale will probably win both, still don't think they should be up for the YPOTY if they up for the main prize though.

Edit - forgot about Rafael.
Deano
17 years ago
2 months ago
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
By Carroll. | Permalink | On 19 April 2013 - 14:45 PM
I slightly agree with that, but Ninja claimed he's had a long spell without scoring, when it's nowhere near to van Persie's recent drought. Plus Suarez has been scoring pretty regularly this season, not every game regularly but he's not had a long run without goals tbf.

Between 22/11 and 26/12 he played every minute of 7 games and 31 minutes of an 8th scoring 1 goal, 0 assists.

Van Persie between 13/2 and 8/4 played every minute of 5 games and 289 minutes as a sub or uncompleted games scoring 0 and getting 2 assists (well, I'm not sure if the Sunderland own goal counts as his assist, but it was basically his anyway).

Hardly a massive difference, people just forget what happens before Christmas.

To put that into perspective Suarez played 661 minutes not including injury time Van Persie 739, less than one games difference.
Crane
14 years ago
1 week ago
Premium
Where is Baines?
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
By Ninja | Permalink | On 19 April 2013 - 16:32 PM
Between 22/11 and 26/12 he played every minute of 7 games and 31 minutes of an 8th scoring 1 goal, 0 assists.

Van Persie between 13/2 and 8/4 played every minute of 5 games and 289 minutes as a sub or uncompleted games scoring 0 and getting 2 assists (well, I'm not sure if the Sunderland own goal counts as his assist, but it was basically his anyway).

Hardly a massive difference, people just forget what happens before Christmas.

To put that into perspective Suarez played 661 minutes not including injury time Van Persie 739, less than one games difference.

Fair enough getting some statistics but it's very easy to twist them around. If you look at the game before the 22/11, he grabs two, two games after 26/12 grabs two in each. Actual goal drought is about 6 games, I know it's still a goal drought of sorts, but the team wasn't playing well at the time, hence there's not much points gained in the time frame, but as I said it's very easy to turn statistics, I could turn your stat and say he scored 7 in 10 games which doesn't look so bad does it?

To be honest I'm not sure what point I'm trying to argue but thought I'd just throw in my two pence
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
By Carroll. | Permalink | On 19 April 2013 - 17:54 PM
Fair enough getting some statistics but it's very easy to twist them around. If you look at the game before the 22/11, he grabs two, two games after 26/12 grabs two in each. Actual goal drought is about 6 games, I know it's still a goal drought of sorts, but the team wasn't playing well at the time, hence there's not much points gained in the time frame, but as I said it's very easy to turn statistics, I could turn your stat and say he scored 7 in 10 games which doesn't look so bad does it?

To be honest I'm not sure what point I'm trying to argue but thought I'd just throw in my two pence

Which is true for RVP as well, during the period of his goal drought he's had absolutely no service whatsoever, because of how shit our wingers have been.

The point is both players went through a run of games where they didn't score, RVP a little longer, it's not a case of Suarez scoring all season and RVP not. They're very similar records.
Deano
17 years ago
2 months ago
By Crane | Permalink | On 19 April 2013 - 17:40 PM
Where is Baines?

Stupid isn't it? No one in the top 5 leagues in Europe has made more goal scoring chances that Baines this season. That and he's probably only had one/two poor matches.
Blaze
17 years ago
1 year ago
+1 with the Baines shout. Figured he'd get in
Number 1
16 years ago
10 months ago
If Baines is overlooked for Team of the Year it's a real farce.

As for Player, Bale's almost certainly gonna win Young Player but Player of the Year I think will be either RVP or Suarez. Some of those nominations are extremely baffling - Wilshere's been injured/below par, Welbeck is useless and as good as Carrick is, there's better players out there.
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
By Number 1 | Permalink | On 19 April 2013 - 20:24 PM
If Baines is overlooked for Team of the Year it's a real farce.

As for Player, Bale's almost certainly gonna win Young Player but Player of the Year I think will be either RVP or Suarez. Some of those nominations are extremely baffling - Wilshere's been injured/below par, Welbeck is useless and as good as Carrick is, there's better players out there.

Name a better midfielder this season than Carrick.

Infact, don't even bother.

He's been thestandout player, who's put in consistent 8 or 9 out of 10 performances for the team 13 points clear at the top, if that doesn't deserve a nomination I don't know what does.
Deleted Account #151676
Bale for player of the year for me.

I'm going for Benteke for young player, along with Brad Guzan he's prevented a truly mediocre Villa side from being relegated already, and lets not forget this is his very first season in English football.
Obtuse
15 years ago
3 years ago
Bale is a no brainer for the main imo. The second I would give to Lukaku as I can't think of a way to separate the others so I went for opinion
Jamieandhisego
17 years ago
1 year ago
Happy to see Carrick get the recognition he deserves, but once again, massively over-rating the English players by having Welbeck and Wilshere nominated ahead of Rafael and Nastasic.
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
Isn't this thing voted by other players anyway? So no point complaining people haven't made the list
Jamieandhisego
17 years ago
1 year ago
By Carroll. | Permalink | On 20 April 2013 - 13:35 PM
Isn't this thing voted by other players anyway? So no point complaining people haven't made the list

You're right, let's not discuss football things here.
Eric Portapotty
15 years ago
2 days ago
Why have a shortlist in the 1st place anyway?
Obtuse
15 years ago
3 years ago
By Jaygull | Permalink | On 20 April 2013 - 14:02 PM

Don't annoy the Liverpool fans. You know what they are like
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
By Jaygull | Permalink | On 20 April 2013 - 14:02 PM

nah funny.

You'll need to Login to comment