Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
These feckin' ads, seriously guys. You wonder why there's no discussion and less users on the site, yet you have ads taking up half the screen and even ads that interrupt the pages you're trying to view.

I know yous need money and that but ads that I have to 'skip' just to view a page are just fuckin' ridiculous.
Crane
14 years ago
5 days ago
Premium
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
By Crane | Permalink | On 25 April 2013 - 12:17 PM
Adblocker.

I use Adblocker. But not on my phone.

Also, it isn't exactly encouraging to new users if they have to install Adblocker just to use the site
Footygamer
17 years ago
10 hours ago
By Slashman X | Permalink | On 25 April 2013 - 10:58 AM
These feckin' ads, seriously guys. You wonder why there's no discussion and less users on the site, yet you have ads taking up half the screen and even ads that interrupt the pages you're trying to view.

I know yous need money and that but ads that I have to 'skip' just to view a page are just fuckin' ridiculous.

Which ads interrupt the pages? They shouldn't do and if they do please do report which ad it was and possibly take a screenshot
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
It was a Dell or HP ad I think advertising code review tools or something. Takes up half the screen, triggers immediately after clicking into a link and has a countdown of 15 seconds and a "Skip Ad" link.

I'll try get a screenshot but the ads aren't showing for me at all atm even without Adblock
Footygamer
17 years ago
10 hours ago
I disabled ads as I was getting some other ones that where stopping the page loading properly. We moved to a new company football media not long ago in the hope of having more relevant ads, but they're often not relevant and often more annoying so we may need to rethink this.

You'll need to Login to comment