King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
Will probably only be me a couple of others talking in here but why the hell not. Good chance we'll see Cav in Yellow after todays stage which will make him the 6th Brit to wear yellow in the Tours history. Coverage starts in half an hour on Eurosport.

Got a E/W bet on Bauke Mollema this year, he wont win it but think he could get 3rd for sure.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
Looking like todays stage finish is going to be neutralised because the Orica-GreenEdge team bus hit the finish line gantry and its wedged under now, they're worried if they move the coach the gantry will fall. 10K to go and as of now there wont be any results for the finish.

And just as i write that they announce the finish is 3km from the end now.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
The Sojasun bus has managed to wedge itself under the arrival banner at the finish line, with only 8km or so to go. I think it means the race will finish 3km before the end.

Only at the Tour de France.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
Fucking hell, massive crash. Cavendish, Greipel and Sagan all down. The bus is off the line. Not sure where Froome is.

I love the Tour.
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
Absolute farce.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
Well that was bollocks
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
Froome made it in okay but Geraint Thomas might be out of the race.
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
If anyone needs proof of just how tough these guys are, Tony Martin may well be out with a broken collarbone but he still rode the final 3km
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
Should have just neutralized the race once they knew the bus was there and start it again if they got it out on time, or just finish as a group if they didn't.
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
Last 2 stages have been absolutely brilliant, impossible to predict the winner and yesterdays stage was especially exciting with Bakelandts taking the Yellow Jersey and the win. Tomorrows TTT will more than likely see another Jersey change, could see David Millar or Edvald Boasson Hagen in Yellow, or Kwiatowski from OPQS.

Sky's Geraint Thomas has been riding the last 2 days with a fractured Pelvis as well, puts Football to shame abit
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
Here's hoping David Millar wins the yellow tomorrow.
Jonas
17 years ago
4 years ago
Premium
Don't think Boasson Hagen's had the progress one could have hoped for a few years back unfortunately.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
By Jonas | Permalink | On 02 July 2013 - 02:05 AM
Don't think Boasson Hagen's had the progress one could have hoped for a few years back unfortunately.

He's still a quality rider. Still in with a shot of a stage win at some point.
Sears
13 years ago
7 years ago
Enjoying watching cycle way more now since I started myself. Tour so far has been really exciting seeing the highlights for stages 1 and 2. Still can't believe the dog avoided the peloton near the finish of stage 2, his burst of pace to avoid them was amazing otherwise he would have been mince meat. Also can't believe that before 2004 cyclists had a choice if they wanted to wear a helmet or not. Speeds they do are crazy not sure how more riders in the past didn't die when they fell!
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
Cav gets his first win of the tour this year! Another sprint day tomorrow and hes now level 4th for all time stage wins at the tour, only 10 behind some fella called Merckx now.
Sears
13 years ago
7 years ago
How fast does he sprint to the finish line, 70km/h or more do you think?
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
70km/h is about what he hits on a normal sprint stage yeah, fastest he's gone is about 79km/h though
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
Froome blew the field away today. Epic.
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
Pretty interesting info-graphic comparing prize money between Wimbledon & TDF

http://cdn2.coresites.mpora.com/rcuk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/prize_money.gif
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
Doesn't the prize money get split amongst the team as as well?
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
By Telegram Sam | Permalink | On 06 July 2013 - 19:56 PM
Doesn't the prize money get split amongst the team as as well?

Yeah all goes into the pot and split between the 9 riders
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
Put up a post today with some of my favourite photos from the first week of the Tour, will have some of my own photos for part two next week

Le Tour Through The Lens
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
All packed and ready to get the ferry over to St Malo ready for tomorrows stage, going to get a few miles in on the bike while im over there as well and ride the TT route first thing in the morning before they close the road on Wednesday Going to be bloody boiling and ill be on the roadside at Mont St Michel for my Birthday, doesn't get much better than that
Fantastic
13 years ago
1 month ago
Banned
Champagne room with a fleet of bad bitches > Mont St Michel.

Don't get me wrong, Mont St Michel is lovely and I have fond memories of the place, but come on... bad bitches.
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
Just got back from France, was a really good couple of days. Had a nice ride down to Mont Saint-Michel yesterday to watch the TT and got lots of photos which ive just started going through and editing abit. Will post a link to my site when ive got them all uploaded for anyone who wants to take a look

https://sortitoutsi.net/uploads/mirrored_images/KICGon483o2kNBaHpiCbiEUStnZ5seBCVp7wzeDl.jpg
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
Wow big move from Condator today, very rare you make up any time on a flat stage.
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
Brilliant stage that, but still nothing massive to worry about really for Froome. Took some extreme circumstances for Contador to get time back and hes shown weakness in the mountains and Froome still has a big lead considering were only in the 2nd week.

You'll need to Login to comment