George14brfc
12 years ago
3 years ago
commenting alot in the other thread got our own one now
BR.
17 years ago
2 years ago
Never thought I'd see the day!

Got Everton at home in a friendly today. As annoying as it is that what was an average Premiership fixture a couple of years ago is now some sort of 'prestigious' friendly, I'm going.
George14brfc
12 years ago
3 years ago
By BR. | Permalink | On 27 July 2013 - 12:33 PM
Never thought I'd see the day!

Got Everton at home in a friendly today. As annoying as it is that what was an average Premiership fixture a couple of years ago is now some sort of 'prestigious' friendly, I'm going.

ha ha neither !

Yep we do and I know we were beating them a few season back and I am going on holiday so cant go but will be going to Derby away next week and Carlisle in the cup are you ?
Eric Portapotty
15 years ago
4 days ago
It's really only going to be the two of you here isn't it
Mr Willy
16 years ago
4 days ago
Are Blackburn still second tier?
George14brfc
12 years ago
3 years ago
By Eric Portapotty | Permalink | On 27 July 2013 - 16:08 PM
It's really only going to be the two of you here isn't it

ha ha we will see some people can post their views if they want
George14brfc
12 years ago
3 years ago
By Mr Willy | Permalink | On 27 July 2013 - 16:11 PM
Are Blackburn still second tier?

yeah its a shame really we were prem for ages. In brief Venkys our new owners came in hired kean and didn't sack him, then last season in the championship we had 5 managers last season at various points and finished 17th really hoping for better this season !
gfnx25
12 years ago
6 years ago
Anton Forrester will destroy League Two.

Do you agree?
George14brfc
12 years ago
3 years ago
By gfnx25 | Permalink | On 27 July 2013 - 19:43 PM
Anton Forrester will destroy League Two.

Do you agree?

ha ha I would agree with that he has only played once for us so far but did very well for the reserves I think he will do very well in league 2 !
Obtuse
15 years ago
3 years ago
I do like the soap opera caused by your owners so this thread should be good.
George14brfc
12 years ago
3 years ago
By Obtuse | Permalink | On 27 July 2013 - 20:19 PM
I do like the soap opera caused by your owners so this thread should be good.

ha ha you may like the soap opera I wish I liked it as much I cant believe some of their decisions and even the people they have hired don't know what their doing. The fact they hardly ever turn up in England either dosent exactly help. Not to mention the fact they wouldn't sack Kean all season and then 5 managers in one season ..
Justicar
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
Premium
Where's Roque and his awesome chair?
George14brfc
12 years ago
3 years ago
By Justicar | Permalink | On 27 July 2013 - 20:59 PM
Where's Roque and his awesome chair?

Are you talking about Roque Santa Cruz ?
Justicar
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
Premium
By George14brfc | Permalink | On 27 July 2013 - 21:02 PM
Are you talking about Roque Santa Cruz ?

Nah a forum member we had named after him.

Had a chair fetish.
George14brfc
12 years ago
3 years ago
By Justicar | Permalink | On 27 July 2013 - 21:08 PM
Nah a forum member we had named after him.

Had a chair fetish.

ha ha ha hadn't heard about him !
Justicar
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
Premium
By George14brfc | Permalink | On 27 July 2013 - 21:25 PM
ha ha ha hadn't heard about him !

Keep an eye out for him. He's dangerous.
BR.
17 years ago
2 years ago
Roque went to the same school as me and was a member here about 2008, iirc. A bit controversial at times.

We were poor today. We couldn't get near Everton and they were only playing at about 70%, 80% imo. Shows how far we've fallen. A comfortable Premiership club destroyed by clueless Indians and one drunken Scotsman. Makes me sick.

By George14brfc | Permalink | On 27 July 2013 - 13:22 PM
but will be going to Derby away next week and Carlisle in the cup are you ?

Nope don't think so haha, will watch Derby on TV and then I don't fancy a midweek trek up to Carlisle haha. Fair play to you though that's a good effort!
Esprit Vanilla
10 years ago
10 years ago
I really really want Blackburn back in Premier League. I don't know if they've got chances this season.
Oh and your manager is the former player Lee Bowyer?
Eric Portapotty
15 years ago
4 days ago
The other Bowyer, Gary.

Is Lee Bowyer still playing?
George14brfc
12 years ago
3 years ago
By BR. | Permalink | On 28 July 2013 - 00:33 AM
Roque went to the same school as me and was a member here about 2008, iirc. A bit controversial at times.

We were poor today. We couldn't get near Everton and they were only playing at about 70%, 80% imo. Shows how far we've fallen. A comfortable Premiership club destroyed by clueless Indians and one drunken Scotsman. Makes me sick.

Nope don't think so haha, will watch Derby on TV and then I don't fancy a midweek trek up to Carlisle haha. Fair play to you though that's a good effort!

ha ha yeah and sounded like we were very poor and your right there !

ha ha cheers I do like to go to alot of the games whenever possible
George14brfc
12 years ago
3 years ago
By Esprit Vanilla | Permalink | On 28 July 2013 - 09:49 AM
I really really want Blackburn back in Premier League. I don't know if they've got chances this season.
Oh and your manager is the former player Lee Bowyer?

Yeah I do I really hope we can at least give a good challenge this season. As we finished 17th last season even though the table was very close.

No its Gary Bowyer he was the manger of our youth team and was caretaker manger twice last season and did very well, only been given a 12 month contract though.
George14brfc
12 years ago
3 years ago
By Eric Portapotty | Permalink | On 28 July 2013 - 10:12 AM
The other Bowyer, Gary.

Is Lee Bowyer still playing?

ha ha yeah

And I don't know weather he has retired but he dosent play for anyone as he left Ipswich.
George14brfc
12 years ago
3 years ago
By Justicar | Permalink | On 27 July 2013 - 22:13 PM
Keep an eye out for him. He's dangerous.

ha ha I will
Number 1
16 years ago
10 months ago
Quick wiki check says Lee Bowyer is still a player but hasn't played after being released by Ipswich last summer.

He was quite decent at times for NUFC, even if his main memory will be of fighting Kieron Dyer in the middle of a game.
Shola
16 years ago
5 years ago
Isn't Lee Bowyer attempting to become a pro golfer?
George14brfc
12 years ago
3 years ago
Julian.
10 years ago
10 years ago
Do you consider guys Blackburn as a fallen giant/big club going through cycles? I'm asking this because a mate of mine is a huge Blackburn fan and we had an argument at the end of which I came to the conclusion that he's deluded.
BR.
17 years ago
2 years ago
Well we've been pretty successful since the start of the Premiership in 92, title win, couple of top 4 finishes, couple of other top 6 and a League Cup win. So it's pretty annoying how all the hard work to keep us as a solid, mid-table Premiership club was just thrown away in the space of two years.

BUT we're a town club, and many would say that bottom half Championship or something is a natural level for a town club without a huge fanbase - which is around the level we were on average before Jack Walker.

Like I said though it's just annoying what's happened given how comfortable we were in the Premiership. It's gonna be very hard to return there too - city clubs with a much bigger fanbase like Leeds and Notts Forest have found it impossible for years upon years now.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
What happened to Nuno Gomes?
BR.
17 years ago
2 years ago
By Telegram Sam | Permalink | On 07 August 2013 - 09:13 AM
What happened to Nuno Gomes?

He got released at the start of summer. He barely played after about October last season, I liked him but he'd have been on a fair hefty wage.

You'll need to Login to comment