CraiigMan
12 years ago
3 months ago
Premium
Reserves:

https://sortitoutsi.net/uploads/mirrored_images/hRbyP0uTXQMnlO3G0YnTMSr0YaAHWmfkL0Jsr6jF.png

Under 18's:

https://sortitoutsi.net/uploads/mirrored_images/KCGveHgE6bGlzuhso0pMEg55xcCNgpm3z28RQr74.png

My reserve squad it pretty thin, meaning some under 18's play for both. Maybe that's the issue?

I have my reserve team and under 18's to use first team tactics, should I turn it off? But surely I'd want them to play the way the first team is for development?

Or do you think it could just be that the managers need replacing? Or just not worry too much?
Crane
14 years ago
1 week ago
Premium
Don't worry about it. I don't care about the results so long as the young players are progressing.
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
If your best prospects fit into the tactics your first team use I'd keep using them for the Reserves and U18's. If they are being shoehorned into positions they aren't comfortable in or that don't make the most of their attributes I'd turn it off.

Do any of your young players, especially the best prospects, have the Rst indicator against them? If you find your best prospects are being overworked by playing U18 and Reserve games I'd maybe try moving them to the reseves so their only playing for one side. You can also try fleshing out the Reserves by making your fringe first team players eligable, they maintain match fitness and there's less chance of the U18's getting called up.

The main thing as Crane said is that your kids are progressing, just keep an eye on their attributes, the training reports and make sure they don't feel overworked.
Law of Attraction
11 years ago
3 years ago
I don't worry about Reserves and U18 results, most important thing is that my players in these teams get to play and improve.
tedski69
14 years ago
2 months ago
Sadly I think how well or badly you Reserves/Youth team do are irrelevant.

I would however have liked to be able to create my own squads (like FML allowed) and decide which squad played in which competition.

You'll need to Login to comment