because i didn't found here yet

looking forward to Paris-Tours.

chase or bunchsprint?
what will it be?
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
Did anyone watch the Road To Glory series on Sky Atlantic? Been excellent so far, just saw the episode covering the Tour.
Sears
13 years ago
7 years ago
By Telegram Sam | Permalink | On 01 October 2012 - 18:31 PM
Did anyone watch the Road To Glory series on Sky Atlantic? Been excellent so far, just saw the episode covering the Tour.

Yeah, I watched the 4th episode a few days ago but missed the other episodes. The road race for the World Championships looked like torture ! 267km I'd be wrecked after cycling 40km ! Brilliant finish by Gilbert though. Team Sky have also made a few recruitment's ... Are those new guys any talented ?
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
USADA have just released a statement containing all the details of Armstrongs doping over the years, including announcing who testified against him. Wonder if he'll finally just admit he doped, no way he can keep on maintaining his innocence.
bluemoon.
17 years ago
3 months ago
Premium
They have a staggering amount of evidence on him. It was ridiculous before, but I don't see how anyone can claim he wasn't doping.
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
Just read an article that said Armstrong said this to Vaughters “If I ever have a doping problem, I can always play the cancer card.”

He's an absolutely horrible little c*nt isn't he
bluemoon.
17 years ago
3 months ago
Premium
He wasn't wrong, though.
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
By duckeggmoon | Permalink | On 12 October 2012 - 11:52 AM
He wasn't wrong, though.

He wasn't no but what a disgusting thing to think/say, especially considering the charity he runs.

Just read this article on the Daily Mail website as well written by Brian Smith, must be pretty horrible for him to hear all the talk about US Postal and Motorola doping.
Sears
13 years ago
7 years ago
Anyone been watching the Tour of Beijing? Really enjoying it, final stage is on tomorrow. Tony Martin looks set to triumph.
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
Read all of the riders who testified's affidavits today, some are quite sad actually. Also US Postal have demanded that Lance Armstrong pay them back 7.5 million, lol.
hjs
16 years ago
2 years ago
Premium
By Sears | Permalink | On 12 October 2012 - 23:24 PM
Anyone been watching the Tour of Beijing? Really enjoying it, final stage is on tomorrow. Tony Martin looks set to triumph.

not looked but just read that Belgian prospect Tim Wellens ended fifth general,i'm looking forward to him.
DB
15 years ago
7 years ago
Not only is lance a cheat but the whole damn sport is rife with it. UCI are a bunch of spineless corrupt dicks.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2012/10/11/3608613.htm
DB
15 years ago
7 years ago
Shit just got real

Rabobank has just pulled all sponsorship from cycling.

Here are the riders who are out of contract

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A5jTCyZCYAAKkzS.png
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
By DB | Permalink | On 19 October 2012 - 15:57 PM
Shit just got real

Rabobank has just pulled all sponsorship from cycling.

Here are the riders who are out of contract

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A5jTCyZCYAAKkzS.png

They're honoring their contracts for next season though so we'll have a white label team for the year and they have chances to get new teams next year. Feel for the women's team more than anything, going to be really hard for them and a new team will almost certainly have to be created, really hasty decision from Rabobank as well given that they were signing riders up until Wednesday.
Sears
13 years ago
7 years ago
Will another sponsor take their place or how does it operate?
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
By Sears | Permalink | On 19 October 2012 - 21:04 PM
Will another sponsor take their place or how does it operate?

They might find a new sponsor over the next year but who knows, could well see another team come in or just lose the team completely and the riders/staff will need to find a new team for 2014
DB
15 years ago
7 years ago
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
Not as brutal as this from this years Vuelta

Flash.
17 years ago
10 months ago
Premium
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/QHaJHZZncsaBdEZfLI1w2Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusolyexperts/c1016armstrong.jpg

Book store in Glasgow has moved Armstrong's book into the fiction section \o/
Jonas
17 years ago
4 years ago
Premium
Steffen Kjaergaard admits doping

Well, that's a huge blow for the doping-free image of Norway as a sporting nation.
Sears
13 years ago
7 years ago
Why on earth is there so much doping in cycling?
om4ever
17 years ago
8 years ago
Because it's one of the few sports actually fighting it.
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
Also the vast amounts of effort required, its probably no more prevalent than doping in other sports but it just gets alot more press.

Tour route is announced today but its already been leaked, got 2 stages at least which i will be going to see. The last stage into Paris will be amazing, set to finish at 9pm.
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
So its official

http://inrng.com/medias/images/map_route.jpg

Booked my hotel for the Mont Saint-Michel and the finish in Paris already
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
KL, do you think Sky will go with Froome as the team leader now that the route has been announced? I can't see Wiggins being able to match Contador and Schleck in the mountains.
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
By Telegram Sam | Permalink | On 24 October 2012 - 12:25 PM
KL, do you think Sky will go with Froome as the team leader now that the route has been announced? I can't see Wiggins being able to match Contador and Schleck in the mountains.

Wiggins has already said hes focusing on winning the Giro next year and will be at the Tour in a support role for Froome.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
By King Luis | Permalink | On 24 October 2012 - 12:26 PM
Wiggins has already said hes focusing on winning the Giro next year and will be at the Tour in a support role for Froome.

Oh, I hadn't seen that. Makes sense. Are there many other big names looking to win the Giro?
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
By Telegram Sam | Permalink | On 24 October 2012 - 12:30 PM
Oh, I hadn't seen that. Makes sense. Are there many other big names looking to win the Giro?

Will be the usual suspects i imagine, Joaquim Rodriguez, Ivan Basso, Ryder Hesjedal. Wiggins will probably go into it as favourite though.
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
Going back to the doping thing, you might think there's a lot of doping in cycling, but that's only because it gets caught out, because there's a system in place that catches out cheats. There's probably as many cheats in other sports, they just don't get caught out on it as much as there anti doping system isn't as good as cyclings.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
As much as I'd love to see Wiggins try and retain the jersey, seeing two Brits win two Grand Tours in the same year would be pretty special. I do worry that Contador will just dominate the Tour now that he's back though. Still, plenty to get excited about.

You'll need to Login to comment