Feed
Want updated squads for FM18? We have the worlds biggest FM2018 Data Update. Already playing FM18? Get these essential add ons to enhance the game 12 minutes ago
A new version of our data update was released with 418753 changes from 918 contributors.
13 minutes ago
A new version of our data update was released with 192204 changes from 808 contributors.
27 minutes ago
bolid74 commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
49 minutes ago
PtMarco1992 commented on: FM17 2018/19 League + Transfer Update by RD
53 minutes ago
quintonkemen commented on: SS Fantasy Kits ONLY Thread (NO REAL KITS)
54 minutes ago
kinggazzaman commented on: Me vs Arsenal Fan TV
1 hour ago
A new version of our data update was released with 418680 changes from 918 contributors.
1 hour ago
A new version of our data update was released with 192116 changes from 808 contributors.
1 hour ago
RD_ commented on: FM17 2018/19 League + Transfer Update by RD
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
2 hours ago
KAEDE AK. commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
2 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 418626 changes from 918 contributors.
2 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 192044 changes from 808 contributors.
2 hours ago
PtMarco1992 commented on: FM17 2018/19 League + Transfer Update by RD
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
VP. commented on: 2018/19 Carabao Cup (League Cup)
3 hours ago
Defender commented on: Download Thread - *FM18 Update 3 Released* [04/04/2018]
3 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 418616 changes from 918 contributors.
3 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 192034 changes from 808 contributors.
3 hours ago
VP. commented on: Google Map 3D Stadium Background Pack
3 hours ago
Dan commented on: BetThread
3 hours ago
kingrobbo commented on: Financial Changes Thread
3 hours ago
Dan commented on: 2018/19 Champions League
3 hours ago
gianni1970 commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
4 hours ago
Dan commented on: Winners Medal(This is a little rant)
4 hours ago
HRiddick commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
4 hours ago
HRiddick added a download: Tottenham Hotspur Teampack
4 hours ago
Dan commented on: [FM17] Climbing Jacob's Ladder (Part Deux)
5 hours ago
ama commented on: Google Map 3D Stadium Background Pack
Discussion
Anybody gonna continues this amazing pack...????

Thank you anyway for these great years....!!!!!

And thank you to kremmen...of curse....

https://sortitoutsi.net/forums/topic/42672/metallic-logos-unofficial-update-1
This is an update on the "metallic" logo project.
@kremmen has not been online for quite some while now and until anything else is announced one must assume that he has left the project. @Armagedon_55 has made two updates and as I understands it he is willing to take over the project of making regularly updates. My hope is that @kremmen will PM @Armagedon_55 and sort of "hand over" the project to him and share his experience with him or perhaps work with him. I will help out by making logos in the request tread and I hope @ducc will help by checking for errors and mistakes.

But we need help to keep this project running.

1) all request go in the "request tread" (no PM for personal requests)
2) always add name and UID to requests
3) take the time and effort to find the best and biggest source (better source = better metallic logo)
4) if fantasy or not in fm database please write that.

It is my personal hope that we at some point can make a request system as they have for the "cut out" project. Perhaps @Rob and @mons someday can help us with that.

kremmen leaving the project has in my opinion also shown how vulnerable the project is when left to one person. So we need more people to get involved in the making of metallic logo's instead of just having a lot of people requesting (of course the great interest in requesting is still appreciated )

So how to make Metallic logo's:

1) there is a old tread on that here: https://sortitoutsi.net/forums/topic/11367/photoshop-tutorial-for-metallic-logos

2) first you need to learn how "cut out" the logo (there is a lot of videos out there on that subject) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAJ38UAHQzo

3) then you need to get hold of "eye candy 5 impact" or "eye candy 7" and install it in to your copy of photoshop.

4) then you need the "action" file provided by kremmen in the earlier post: https://sortitoutsi.net/forums/topic/11367/photoshop-tutorial-for-metallic-logos

5) then you need to learn how to use action files : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC2qHx_Tdh8

So first you cut out the logo and make the canvas size square and center the logo (if you have experience with photoshop you can enhance and improve on the logo if needed).
Then you run the metallic action and that is it .

last @Rob how did kremmen get the updated logo in to the search tool?

This is an update on the "metallic" logo project.
@kremmen has not been online for quite some while now and until anything else is announced one must assume that he has left the project. @Armagedon_55 has made two updates and as I understands it he is willing to take over the project of making regularly updates. My hope is that @kremmen will PM @Armagedon_55 and sort of "hand over" the project to him and share his experience with him or perhaps work with him. I will help out by making logos in the request tread and I hope @ducc will help by checking for errors and mistakes.
This looks to me like a sound way forward, and with hopefully more people helping out in the future with regards to producing logos.

But we need help to keep this project running.

1) all request go in the "request tread" (no PM for personal requests)
I agree that the present forum system is a bit fragmented. Maybe Rob could give you and Armageddon admin rights to clean it up a bit and streamline requests in the right place etc.
2) always add name and UID to requests
The above would help with this.
3) take the time and effort to find the best and biggest source (better source = better metallic logo)
While I agree with this, it's inevitable people won't always necessarily care about that and just post the first logo they find. Speaking from experience here. The way forward would be for the modders to tell the requester(s) that the source is not good enough and encourage them to provide the best available sources.
4) if fantasy or not in fm database please write that.
Maybe having a thread specifically for requests not in the FM database would help

It is my personal hope that we at some point can make a request system as they have for the "cut out" project. Perhaps @Rob and @mons someday can help us with that.
This was entirely's Rob brainchild and my input to it was mostly fine-tuning. I'm not sure how easy it would be to port the cutout request system over to the metallic logo forums, but I can certainly see the benefits all round. It really depends on how possible it is for Rob, time and effort wise to implement something like this, though, naturally. What I will say is that the cutout request system, while it can certainly be further optimised, is a massive improvement on our previous request system

kremmen leaving the project has in my opinion also shown how vulnerable the project is when left to one person. So we need more people to get involved in the making of metallic logo's instead of just having a lot of people requesting (of course the great interest in requesting is still appreciated )
Absolutely, one man shows tend to falter when the one man stops the show In my opinion, having a community and forum similar to the cutout section would be ideal in sharing techniques, welcoming users and keeping up with requests. Cleaning up the current metallic logo forum and providing a bit of structure would do wonders towards this. e.g. having a dedicated technical support thread, a guide to producing logos yourself thread, a fantasy request thread, a megapack request thread with a template for requests, etc. etc. With all these being pinned and any other created threads whose contents can go into any of these existing threads being shifted in there by the mods to avoid the kind of messy pile-up of threads in the existing forum.

So how to make Metallic logo's:

1) there is a old tread on that here: https://sortitoutsi.net/forums/topic/11367/photoshop-tutorial-for-metallic-logos

2) first you need to learn how "cut out" the logo (there is a lot of videos out there on that subject) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAJ38UAHQzo

3) then you need to get hold of "eye candy 5 impact" or "eye candy 7" and install it in to your copy of photoshop.

4) then you need the "action" file provided by kremmen in the earlier post: https://sortitoutsi.net/forums/topic/11367/photoshop-tutorial-for-metallic-logos

5) then you need to learn how to use action files : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC2qHx_Tdh8

So first you cut out the logo and make the canvas size square and center the logo (if you have experience with photoshop you can enhance and improve on the logo if needed).
Then you run the metallic action and that is it .
Why not prettify this a little bit and create a new thread accordingly. I'd pin it for you to ensure it's always visible and any related discussion can be held in there

last @Rob how did kremmen get the updated logo in to the search tool?
I can answer this Part of the benefits of having these packs uploaded on sortitoutsi (instead of just on mediafire, mega etc.) is that, using Rob's magic, the site is automatically able to detect the latest logo from within the uploaded update pack files and automatically assigns that logo to the respective entry in the FM database tool. So, using the cutout pack as an example, if the player with UID 123345 had a cut in update pack 10.01, that one is displayed. Once a new cut is uploaded in update pack 10.08 (to clarify, not once it's created on the forums), then that one is displayed instead.

Hope this helps. I think (and hope) this would be a more sustainable method towards maintaining what is imo the foremost FM logopack

If you have any queries, perhaps you and Arma can speak to me via PM and we can go into a bit more detail.

About cutting logos.

I don't know if cutting with good precision/edge quality is as critical for the Metallic style as it is for some other logo styles, but here is a tutorial I posted on another site on how to cut logos very nicely. The resulting cuts are potentially of much much better quality than just by using the Magic Wand tool, but conversely the method is more labour intensive.

Tutorial: How to cut logos very tidily
DVX Logos
High Quality FM Logopack

I suspect some logos in the update have been done by adding the Metallic effect on logos from other logopack(s?). One can still see the "original" effect through the Metallic one. Perhaps not the best way of doing things.
DVX Logos
High Quality FM Logopack
I suspect some logos in the update have been done by adding the Metallic effect on logos from other logopack(s?). One can still see the "original" effect through the Metallic one. Perhaps not the best way of doing things.

Sorry if that is the case. I can say for my own case that I only do original work. Meaning that I search online for the best possible source of the logo or just use the logo put in the request and then add the Metallic effect. But I don't pay much attention to where the source is coming from. So perhaps mistakes has happened. So if you have any logo's that you want me to re-do because you think they are from another logo pack please post them here. I have noticed that some people get a "new" logo made in the Standard Fantasy/Request logo thread elsewhere on this site and then post it in the Metallic request. But I don't personally see a problem in that.

«This comment has been edited»
Sorry if that is the case. I can say for my own case that I only do original work. Meaning that I search online for the best possible source of the logo or just use the logo put in the request and then add the Metallic effect. But I don't pay much attention to where the source is coming from. So perhaps mistakes has happened. So if you have any logo's that you want me to re-do because you think they are from another logo pack please post them here. I have noticed that some people get a "new" logo made in the Standard Fantasy/Request logo thread elsewhere on this site and then post it in the Metallic request. But I don't personally see a problem in that.

No need to re-do anything on my behalf. I often download different logopacks to see if they contain something that can be learned from. This time I noticed that a few logos might have been done from logos from another logopack. For example these (TCM18 on the left and Metallic on the right):
https://i.imgur.com/SYQkINX.png

The white borders and the imperfections in them look quite similar. Metallic logos don't usually have superfluous light coloured borders so better quality work could be done - why not by the TCM guys as well considering the jaggedness. While most of the logos in logopacks have been collected from the net, there is also the issue if it is "correct" to use logos directly from other logopacks unless it is with a permission (naturally I don't know what happened here).

DVX Logos
High Quality FM Logopack
No need to re-do anything on my behalf. I often download different logopacks to see if they contain something that can be learned from. This time I noticed that a few logos might have been done from logos from another logopack. For example these (TCM18 on the left and Metallic on the right):
https://i.imgur.com/SYQkINX.png

The white borders and the imperfections in them look quite similar. Metallic logos don't usually have superfluous light coloured borders so better quality work could be done - why not by the TCM guys as well considering the jaggedness. While most of the logos in logopacks have been collected from the net, there is also the issue if it is "correct" to use logos directly from other logopacks unless it is with a permission (naturally I don't know what happened here).

Ok.... I can say for sure that is not my work.... way to sloppy .... I would at least have cleaned it up

I have first now noticed that you run the DVX logo's any chance of combining the two projects? somehow combine the resources in to making one great logopack? I would love to have some help running and keeping the "metallic logo" project afloat (both with the forum and making logos). Kremmen leaving the project has left it without anyone with admin rights to run the show. I have no real interest in "being i charge" of the Metallic logo project but right now I'm doing what i can to keep it alive . I see my role right now as being kind of a caretaker manager of the project and going forward I would very much like to help anyone with maintaining an running the forum and helping with the making of logos as I have done in the past. As you have experience in making logos, running a forum and seems to be an expert in photoshop I see you as the perfect candidate to continue this project if you want

He used the "metallic effect" but I see some imperfections, also I have been seeing that in some logos and flags I made, he leaves me white particles, as an example, I made the flag and coat of Andalucia

https://i.imgur.com/r4VFa9t.png
I have first now noticed that you run the DVX logo's any chance of combining the two projects? somehow combine the resources in to making one great logopack? I would love to have some help running and keeping the "metallic logo" project afloat (both with the forum and making logos). Kremmen leaving the project has left it without anyone with admin rights to run the show. I have no real interest in "being i charge" of the Metallic logo project but right now I'm doing what i can to keep it alive . I see my role right now as being kind of a caretaker manager of the project and going forward I would very much like to help anyone with maintaining an running the forum and helping with the making of logos as I have done in the past. As you have experience in making logos, running a forum and seems to be an expert in photoshop I see you as the perfect candidate to continue this project if you want

Hopefully the Metallic logos can continue, but I'm happy working on my own little project. Has anyone been able to contact kremmen? I read that he had an unfortunate and sad event in his life, but said that he would return to make Metallic logos. That was already some time ago though, so is it for certain he is not coming back? As far as I know kremmen was co-operating with @schweigi at least what it comes to sourcing logos. Maybe he knows something or can help with the pack?

DVX Logos
High Quality FM Logopack
Where is the Update 3??

I understand the confusion. But here's how it is.

kremmen has released 2018.01-2018 03 here: https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/3/metallic-logos

Armagedon has released unofficial update 1 and 2 here : https://sortitoutsi.net/forums/topic/42672/metallic-logos-unofficial-update-1

I've made update 2018.04 here: https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/42878/metallic-logos-update-201804 (this is Armagedon' s 1 and 2 put together and is meant to continue the line of kremmen's updates)
Hopefully the Metallic logos can continue, but I'm happy working on my own little project. Has anyone been able to contact kremmen? I read that he had an unfortunate and sad event in his life, but said that he would return to make Metallic logos. That was already some time ago though, so is it for certain he is not coming back? As far as I know kremmen was co-operating with @schweigi at least what it comes to sourcing logos. Maybe he knows something or can help with the pack?

Yes, i started a co-operation with kremmen to make standard logos on the same basis as his metallic logos. We shared our work monthly - so our packs are nearly the same. But i haven't heard from him since April - so it seems he has stopped his updates. If someone wants to continue his work - you have my permission to download my updates and make metallic logos out of them.
Yes, i started a co-operation with kremmen to make standard logos on the same basis as his metallic logos. We shared our work monthly - so our packs are nearly the same. But i haven't heard from him since April - so it seems he has stopped his updates. If someone wants to continue his work - you have my permission to download my updates and make metallic logos out of them.

schweigi were can I foind Yours standard logos to download?
I understand the confusion. But here's how it is.

kremmen has released 2018.01-2018 03 here: https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/3/metallic-logos

Armagedon has released unofficial update 1 and 2 here : https://sortitoutsi.net/forums/topic/42672/metallic-logos-unofficial-update-1

I've made update 2018.04 here: https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/42878/metallic-logos-update-201804 (this is Armagedon' s 1 and 2 put together and is meant to continue the line of kremmen's updates)

Any news if the project is dead or not?
If someone wants to continue his work - you have my permission to download my updates and make metallic logos out of them.

This should be a big help for anyone continuing the Metallic pack.
DVX Logos
High Quality FM Logopack

If i download and install 2018.4 from you i can copy and paste the folders and everything works like before? Did you renew the xml´s in all folders with the new logos and the old one work too?

If i download and install 2018.4 from you i can copy and paste the folders and everything works like before? Did you renew the xml´s in all folders with the new logos and the old one work too?

yep

Is it not better the downloadlink to do there where 2018.3 is? It´s better, or not? I don´t know if now everything will work fine, because of the xml. Or did you renew the xml for all folders with the last update 2018.4 too?
Is it not better the downloadlink to do there where 2018.3 is? It´s better, or not? I don´t know if now everything will work fine, because of the xml. Or did you renew the xml for all folders with the last update 2018.4 too?

The update has new and updated configs (XML)

As it's not kremmen himself who's uploading it "officially", this is not presently possible. Hopefully, we hope this'll be possible soon. In kremmen's absence, I would consider these as the "official" successors to his pack.

Hi, is there any reason why update .04 and .05 didn't appear in the "Latest Changes" section?
Hi, is there any reason why update .04 and .05 didn't appear in the "Latest Changes" section?

The answer is in the post just above yours...

There is a lot of confusion with all these releases. It's possible to gather all the releases in one thread? Thanks
Login to post a comment

Login Register
FM2019 SALE

FM2019 is currently on sale for $50.48 until 02 Nov 2018 22:55:00 ×